PDA

View Full Version : Ever get a parking ticket from a city you never been?

Foxstang
11-08-2019, 06:50 PM
I got a court notice for a parking ticket in clarington which I wasn't anywhere near there.

I left a nasty message but I'm guessing they won't be in office by Tuesday. Wondering if this is some sort of scam with plates or something?

Armen
11-08-2019, 06:54 PM
Scam

Ponyryd
11-08-2019, 07:16 PM
Same thing happened to a buddy of mine, he called and told them it was a mistake but they said he had to prove it. He had a parking pass from a campground at the same time that he sent them, they pulled the ticket after that.

83 5.0
11-08-2019, 09:20 PM
I remember reading about some scammers copying the licence plates of other vehicles, laminating them and putting them on their vehicles. People were getting parking tickets for this.

https://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/bancroft-man-slapped-with-toronto-parking-tickets-after-licence-plates-were-stolen

Screw
11-08-2019, 09:56 PM
So many scams today , never hear about this one . Get pre recorded calls daily , bs

hammerhead
11-08-2019, 10:24 PM
So many scams today , never hear about this one . Get pre recorded calls daily , bs

I don't even answer my phone unless I know who it is...

5.4MarkVIII
11-08-2019, 11:22 PM
Got an email today I’m unsure of. Says it’s from my bank and that someone changed the email on my My account. Gives a number to call
But no header or any other symbols that my emails from my bank normally use.

Screw
11-09-2019, 09:19 AM
^^^unfknbeleivable amount of bs ! My daughter got scammed through Uber , wife almost through Bell , I’m a fugitive according to Service Canada messages lol , calls from Turkey & US all Fkn day in spurts .

Foxstang
11-10-2019, 06:49 AM
When it comes to banks. Never use links or numbers from those emails. Login from the normal link you use. Besides I dont think banks uses URLs in their emails?

Harbinger
11-14-2019, 11:43 PM
^^^unfknbeleivable amount of bs ! My daughter got scammed through Uber , wife almost through Bell , I’m a fugitive according to Service Canada messages lol , calls from Turkey & US all Fkn day in spurts .I get the obligatory calls in chinese and im not asian.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk