PDA

View Full Version : 3rd President in History to be impeached?

Biz
12-05-2019, 05:14 PM
Looks like Pelosi has sent it in.
They should have enough votes in the house to make it official although it most likely wont pass in the Senate and Trump will remain president.
Today was history whether you agree or not.
Meanwhile our Clown PM is representing Canada in a stellar fashion. :facepalm:

5.4MarkVIII
12-05-2019, 05:20 PM
They were going to push it no matter what. Been trying since the day after elected to find something to bring him down. And you know it’s out of nothing but spite,Because I think it was Palosi that said they don’t care if the senate doesn’t remove him because he will still get an “i” next to his name in the history books.

I still say fine impeach him. Then hold the same standard to everyone else. Obama, Biden, Clinton, multiplies other members of Congress and senate are on record doing the same thing. Set the precedent then bring them all down.

Either way decent summery I pulled from an article the other day

“And the case against impeachment
President Trump will not be our last president and what we leave in the wake of this scandal will shape our democracy for generations to come. I am concerned about lowering impeachment standards to fit a paucity of evidence and an abundance of anger. If the House proceeds solely on the Ukrainian allegations, this impeachment would stand out among modern impeachments as the shortest proceeding, with the thinnest evidentiary record, and the narrowest grounds ever used to impeach a president. That does not bode well for future presidents who are working in a country often sharply and, at times, bitterly divided.

I get it. You are mad. The president is mad. My Democratic friends are mad. My Republican friends are mad. My wife is mad. My kids are mad. Even my dog is mad... and Luna is a golden doodle and they are never mad. We are all mad and where has it taken us? Will a slipshod impeachment make us less mad or will it only give an invitation for the madness to follow in every future administration?
That is why this is wrong. It is not wrong because President Trump is right. His call was anything but "perfect" and his reference to the Bidens was highly inappropriate. It is not wrong because the House has no legitimate reason to investigate the Ukrainian controversy. The use of military aid for a quid pro quo to investigate one's political opponent, if proven, can be an impeachable offense. It is not wrong because we are in an election year. There is no good time for an impeachment, but this process concerns the constitutional right to hold office in this term, not the next.
No, it is wrong because this is not how an American president should be impeached. For two years, members of this Committee have declared that criminal and impeachable acts were established for everything from treason to conspiracy to obstruction. However, no action was taken to impeach. Suddenly, just a few weeks ago, the House announced it would begin an impeachment inquiry and push for a final vote in just a matter of weeks.
To do so, the House Intelligence Committee declared that it would not subpoena a host of witnesses who have direct knowledge of any quid pro quo. Instead, it will proceed on a record composed of a relatively small number of witnesses with largely second-hand knowledge of the position. The only three direct conversations with President Trump do not contain a statement of a quid pro quo and two expressly deny such a pre-condition.”

By Jonathan Turley, George Washington University Law School and BBC contributor

StAnger
12-05-2019, 09:38 PM
That **** and every Demorat should be strung up for treason.

Ponyryd
12-05-2019, 10:31 PM
How many Republican presidents have the Dems tried to impeach?

This will be a total shitshow. The dems are in full retard mode right now, and you know how the saying goes....

And...in before moved to BFF :)

StAnger
12-06-2019, 07:39 AM
How many Republican presidents have the Dems tried to impeach?

This will be a total shitshow. The dems are in full retard mode right now, and you know how the saying goes....

And...in before moved to BFF :)

Just one, as I recall. And the Demorats haven't forgotten it.

- - - Updated - - -

wait until the Bidens are called to testify. My understanding is that other members of congress/senate can also be impeached.

The Bidens should be locked up, same with the Clintons.

5.4MarkVIII
12-06-2019, 08:27 AM
wait until the Bidens are called to testify. My understanding is that other members of congress/senate can also be impeached.

yep. if it ever happens. too many hold outs. Obama did a hell of a job in his 8 years stacking the deck against future republicans in the doj, fbi and cia. its pretty obvious now that they were setting up for a long game. and hard to believe the media aren't in on it.

- - - Updated - - -

imagine the media coverage if Trump went off on a civilian like Bidan did the other day.

Darkhorse
12-06-2019, 08:52 AM
Isn't every president on the hot seat right until they leave? Even up to Obama's last day in office people were trying to prove he wasn't American. Like....it was a little too late at that point.

I think this comes with the job. I don't think they will get him out and I think he will win again next year. (not that I'm a supporter)

It's a waste of tax payer money if they do all this and it still doesn't pass.

5.4MarkVIII
12-06-2019, 10:18 AM
Isn't every president on the hot seat right until they leave? Even up to Obama's last day in office people were trying to prove he wasn't American. Like....it was a little too late at that point.

I think this comes with the job. I don't think they will get him out and I think he will win again next year. (not that I'm a supporter)

It's a waste of tax payer money if they do all this and it still doesn't pass.

I think true to a point. Opposition always trying to find dirt and make you look bad.

They have just gone so far overboard with trump that they are really showing their true colours.

Polls are showing the public dosnt want impeachment.

They have fabricated the obstruction issue.

It all doesn't matter they are going ahead no matter what.

Boomer
12-06-2019, 11:54 AM
All this will make a great movie in about 10 years after they find out what really happened behind the scenes...:slap:

Ponyryd
12-06-2019, 12:17 PM
there's still a hoax about Trump making fun of a disabled reporter. He uses the same gestures he always uses but somehow this was picking on a disabled person. Fabricated offense. Joe calls a fat guy fat on tape and, well minimal press. Keep in mind that according to progressive dogma fat shaming is totally out of bounds.

The Democrats are an arm of the media party, not the other way around.

Obama is a private citizen, as is Hillary. They can be subpoenaed, which would be entertaining.

Shiff, Schumer, Pelosi, Nadler are all using positions of power to subvert the election results. Impeach.

Ya I saw that Biden meltdown on that big dude yesterday. Funny thing was when Biden said the guy was a liar, and the guy said he heard it in MSNBC, Joe didn’t even give it a second thought, he instantly said “no, you didn’t”, or something like that. Almost like he KNOWS msnbc is on his side. Damn media is way too biased lately.

Chinga
12-12-2019, 01:56 AM
Meanwhile "Sleepy Joe" and his substance abusing & loser son are being investigated in the Ukraine.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/12/breaking-ukrainian-official-reveals-six-criminal-cases-opened-in-ukraine-involving-the-bidens/

92redragtop
12-12-2019, 02:42 AM
Sounds like more Trump election manipulation for personal gain via a foreign government.

And meanwhile, DJT spawn getting "special" permits and travelling to kill endangered animals and meeting with foreign government officials while trading on his "name" as POTUS family while POTUS is POTUS but then calling out VP from a few years ago.....corruption still going strong in this crime family. I believe daddy relaxed US government rules recently that allows baby boy to import slaughtered for fun trophy head. Oh, how many more foreign patents and licences has Ivanka obtained by leveraging her position in the WH and name?

StAnger
12-12-2019, 06:34 AM
Sounds like more Trump election manipulation for personal gain via a foreign government.

And meanwhile, DJT spawn getting "special" permits and travelling to kill endangered animals and meeting with foreign government officials while trading on his "name" as POTUS family while POTUS is POTUS but then calling out VP from a few years ago.....corruption still going strong in this crime family. I believe daddy relaxed US government rules recently that allows baby boy to import slaughtered for fun trophy head. Oh, how many more foreign patents and licences has Ivanka obtained by leveraging her position in the WH and name?

You sure like to whine about supposed interference in the American election, yet I never see you bitching about the Clinton's or the One Big Ass Mistake by America (Obama) among others interfering in our election.

5.4MarkVIII
12-12-2019, 08:25 AM

so trump using name for gain is bad, but biden doing it is trump fuel election interference? oh course if you ignore the fact that people in the Obama team complained at the time about hunter working in Ukraine and they were told to sit down and shush.

92redragtop
12-12-2019, 11:55 AM
You sure like to whine about supposed interference in the American election, yet I never see you bitching about the Clinton's or the One Big Ass Mistake by America (Obama) among others interfering in our election.

The post above was whining about something that happened a few years back under previous administration when you have corruption going on now (including the children and in-laws who live in the WH on taxpayer dime and those outside the WH doing backroom business for personal/daddy business, similar to Rudy G.). I have no problem looking at potential wrongdoing from the past but it's folly to ignore the same thing happening now in a current administration/family while they are pointing to a "shiny object" from the past to divert attention from their wrongdoing and shady dealings.

92redragtop
12-12-2019, 01:44 PM
From what I understand - no/minimal blind trusts. Kids/in-laws are trying to cash in big while the money is flowing.

Look up the agencies that maintain a roster of speakers and check out the speaking engagement fees - Bush, Reagan, Clinton etc were getting up to $250K to speak at events post political career which was in addition to book revenue. Some who have had private sector/professional careers also have consulting, BoD, and other rainmaker revenue which are in the millions. Same goes here, how many speaking engagements, BoD positions, rainmaker positions/activities do Mulroney, Harper, Chretien, Mike Harris, etc have - this is significant revenue stream for them although dollars are not as big as in the US market.

92redragtop
12-12-2019, 01:51 PM
example of current wrong doing

how about listing illegally obtained patents

details on "slaughter of endangered species". Please define the difference between slaughter and hunting with a permit while you're at it.

mud slinging is easy, and lazy

Why would the daughter of POTUS (who is on government payroll along with her husband be getting hard to obtain licences/patent protection for her private business).
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/06/ivanka-trump-gets-initial-approval-from-china-for-16-trademarks.html

Look up the Mongolian escapades - very limited number of permits and they're hiding how he got it, was accompanied by government officials, meeting with head of state, secrecy around import/export licences - Big T also had meetings at WH back in the summer with Mongolian president. Real transparent folks.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/12/11/donald-trump-jr-got-approval-hunt-an-endangered-days-after-he-killed-it/
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/12/12/donald-trump-jr-got-sheep-permit-after-mongolian-officials-florida/4407307002/

92redragtop
12-12-2019, 03:28 PM
Sure-if daddy wasn't POTUS I'm sure he would have been granted the permit and met with head of state.

92redragtop
12-12-2019, 04:29 PM
You're probably right, although Trump had plenty of sway as a private citizen. So what's your point. The norm in Mongolia to award permits is for the rich and powerful to get them.

I've got breaking news. The rich and powerful eat better food, live in nicer homes, drive nicer cars, screw prettier women and generally get away with more than us plebs.

So lock up Hunter, Joe, DJT II and DJT I since they're doing the same crooked shit (probably worse for POTUS though as VP role is mostly toothless in the US)?

92redragtop
12-12-2019, 05:21 PM
Government contracts awarded to Trump allies - same shit/different faces. One's a past crime, one is crime in progress.

5.4MarkVIII
12-12-2019, 05:29 PM
How is applying for and being awarded permits and contracts the same as having no experience or schooling in fuels but being hired on the the board of a fuel company that pays you between 50 and 80 thousand dollars per month while your VP dad forces the government to stop investigating said company.

Sorry but they don’t even seem in the same realm.

92redragtop
12-12-2019, 05:59 PM
What's Jared being paid to do?

5.4MarkVIII
12-12-2019, 06:44 PM
I believe he is a senior advisor with degrees in sociology, business and law?is he being paid by a company in another country that's under investigation for criminal behavior and his daddy is withholding money from the government until they drop the investigation?

Ponyryd
12-12-2019, 10:03 PM
Lmao, 92red, still completely ate up with Trump and his family, man you’re a sad one, they’re living in your head 24/7.

Mellow Yellow
12-12-2019, 10:32 PM
Lmao, 92red, still completely ate up with Trump and his family, man you’re a sad one, they’re living in your head 24/7.

That will continue until January 20, 2025 when Trump leaves office.

Based on what I see, it’s unfathomable that the Democrats can beat him. This impeachment not only will not remove Trump from office, but I feel the Democrats will lose control of the Congress.

BTW in addition to an accounting degree I also have a university degree in political science.

Ponyryd
12-12-2019, 11:28 PM
Ha! Wouldn’t it be cool if he got a 3rd term?

Chinga
12-13-2019, 03:09 AM
Mike Huckabee trolls the left marvelously with this Tweet and their heads explode:

“I'll be on @seanhannity 2nite @FoxNews at 9pm ET and will explain how @realDonaldTrump will be eligible for a 3rd term due to the illegal attempts by Comey, Dems, and media , et al attempting to oust him as @POTUS so that's why I was named to head up the 2024 re-election,” Huckabee tweeted.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/474391-huckabee-teases-hannity-appearance-says-hell-explain-why-trump

StAnger
12-13-2019, 06:47 AM
Ha! Wouldn’t it be cool if he got a 3rd term?

Better yet, Don Jr.

StAnger
12-13-2019, 01:00 PM
But he shot a goat by using power and privilege for a permit.

So?

Biz
12-13-2019, 05:51 PM
Passed the Judiciary Committee.
Its heading to the house vote. -2 votes each article.
I think this one is locked in now.
3rd Prez ever.

5.4MarkVIII
12-13-2019, 06:02 PM
the low bar precedent this is setting that number is gonna go up fast now.

Ponyryd
12-13-2019, 07:41 PM
It’s pretty funny how things change.

Jerry Nadler said in 1998 “There must never be a narrowly voted impeachment, or an impeachment substantially supported by one of our major political parties and largely opposed by the other. Such an impeachment would produce divisiveness and bitterness in our politics for years to come and will call in to question the very legitimacy of our political institutions”.

Of course, it was President Clinton who was about to face impeachment at that time.........

Mellow Yellow
12-13-2019, 09:37 PM
Passed the Judiciary Committee.
Its heading to the house vote. -2 votes each article.
I think this one is locked in now.
3rd Prez ever.

It’s sort of meaningless considering it will never pass in the Senate.
Mirrors Clinton, except then the Congress was bipartisan and the a Senate Controlled by the a Democrats.

hammerhead
01-13-2020, 11:46 AM
Looks like Trump is in this for the long haul, can't see him walking away and leaving all his hard work left to be undone - I would think his motives are complete take over - if he wins another term and given a third, He could very well be the last US elected president....

Ponyryd
01-13-2020, 12:39 PM
^I don’t think he can have a third term, unless I’ve read it wrong. Regardless this will never, ever pass, the dumbass Democrats have spent years trying to make this happen, claiming it was “urgent” and a “priority”...yet once it was voted on, Pelosi sat on it for a month? Some “priority”, lol. Ever since he was elected the dems all cried “impeachment”, she herself said they have been working on it “over a year”-yet the allegations they’re running on are from just a few months ago, figure that out.
All this time and money wasted, all the while there are many, many much more important things Congress should be focusing on. Very telling imo, but 92red will be in shortly to tell us “orange man bad”.

Mellow Yellow
01-13-2020, 12:39 PM
Looks like Trump is in this for the long haul, can't see him walking away and leaving all his hard work left to be undone - I would think his motives are complete take over - if he wins another term and given a third, He could very well be the last US elected president....

i think he is good, but I do not see him running for three terms (prevented anyway), but he might support Ivanka Trump running (if she wants) and becoming the first woman president.

If he did get three terms I can see the gun control Democrates providing weapons to some jerk to knock him off.

RedSN
01-13-2020, 04:00 PM
A good chunk of voters believe Trump is now impeached.
He is impeached.
He hasn’t been convicted or removed yet (nor will he).

5.4MarkVIII
01-13-2020, 04:53 PM
The way I understood after listening to some podcasts. Untill Polosi sends in the paperwork. He is technical not impeached.

Think signing divorce papers but not filing them.

The Dems want a say in, IF and HOW congress does a trial. That’s not the way the law works. If the house wanted a trial they should have had one instead of just ramming it threw like they did.

All they wanted was the gotcha over Trump. Now she is trying to save face since they impeached with no evidence.

RedSN
01-13-2020, 05:10 PM
It’s not a divorce. It’s high crimes and misdemeanours.

Impeachment is the process by which a legislative body levels charges against a government official. Impeachment does not in itself remove the official definitively from office; it is similar to an indictment in criminal law, and thus it is essentially the statement of charges against the official.

92redragtop
01-13-2020, 05:21 PM

My understanding is that the House impeaches and the Senate decides if to remove or not (which they won't as with Clinton). McConnell and Lindsay has already said they were not impartial jurors - the delay is likely related to this.

RedSN
01-13-2020, 05:22 PM
The way I understood after listening to some podcasts....

Maybe you need better podcasts? :shrug:

5.4MarkVIII
01-13-2020, 05:41 PM
No I never said it was like a divorce. I said think of signing divorce papers and then not filing the divorce papers with the courts
In the Eyes of the government your not yet divorced.

They can vote 100 times but if she dosnt file the paper work it means a noting

I’ll take the opinion of a lawyer in a pod cast over that of 90% of the msm

5.4MarkVIII
01-13-2020, 05:46 PM

you are correct and by the letter of the law neither articles they impeached him on are high crimes or misdemeanors

5.4MarkVIII
01-13-2020, 05:49 PM
My understanding is that the House impeaches and the Senate decides if to remove or not (which they won't as with Clinton). McConnell and Lindsay has already said they were not impartial jurors - the delay is likely related to this.

the judicial branch are the impartial jurors. the house could have got them involved and sent proper subpoenas and had an actual trial if they wanted to.

the senate is made up of senators. they are voted in and partisan.

was the members of the house acting as impartial jurors when they voted for impeachment?

92redragtop
01-13-2020, 06:24 PM
No I never said it was like a divorce. I said think of signing divorce papers and then not filing the divorce papers with the courts
In the Eyes of the government your not yet divorced.

They can vote 100 times but if she dosnt file the paper work it means a noting

I’ll take the opinion of a lawyer in a pod cast over that of 90% of the msm

You gotta take some of what Ben says with a grain of salt because he's talking to folks in a bubble (like Fox viewers).

92redragtop
01-13-2020, 06:29 PM
the judicial branch are the impartial jurors. the house could have got them involved and sent proper subpoenas and had an actual trial if they wanted to.

the senate is made up of senators. they are voted in and partisan.

was the members of the house acting as impartial jurors when they voted for impeachment?

But if they are calling themselves jurors and members of a jury then what is their obligation as a member of that jury?

A jury is a sworn body of people (the jurors) convened to render an impartial verdict (a finding of fact on a question) officially submitted to them by a court, or to set a penalty or judgment.

5.4MarkVIII
01-13-2020, 06:56 PM
But if they are calling themselves jurors and members of a jury then what is their obligation as a member of that jury?

A jury is a sworn body of people (the jurors) convened to render an impartial verdict (a finding of fact on a question) officially submitted to them by a court, or to set a penalty or judgment.

when did they call themselves a Jury? its the senate not a jury.

5.4MarkVIII
01-13-2020, 06:59 PM
You gotta take some of what Ben says with a grain of salt because he's talking to folks in a bubble (like Fox viewers).

as oppose to CNN, msnbe ect ect?

Ben IS a Lawyer. and he is open about his biased but better than any other news source ive watched he is up front about the truth first and for most.

he sued to be a very common expert on a lot of the left wing media sources until they went full out crazy.

care to show different facts than what I posted or just going to wright it off because of the source?

92redragtop
01-13-2020, 07:08 PM
as oppose to CNN, msnbe ect ect?

Ben IS a Lawyer. and he is open about his biased but better than any other news source ive watched he is up front about the truth first and for most.

he sued to be a very common expert on a lot of the left wing media sources until they went full out crazy.

care to show different facts than what I posted or just going to wright it off because of the source?

I listen to all his podcasts as well through 2019 and so far in 2020 and it provides some balance to the other side but I noticed he has a specific pattern to how he approaches a topic/issue before he settles into talking to a target demographic of his listeners who are in a specific bubble (similar to Fox viewers).

- - - Updated - - -

when did they call themselves a Jury? its the senate not a jury.

They called themselves jurors. Can you be a non-jury juror?

5.4MarkVIII
01-13-2020, 07:32 PM
I listen to all his podcasts as well through 2019 and so far in 2020 and it provides some balance to the other side but I noticed he has a specific pattern to how he approaches a topic/issue before he settles into talking to a target demographic of his listeners who are in a specific bubble (similar to Fox viewers).

- - - Updated - - -

They called themselves jurors. Can you be a non-jury juror?

When did they call them selves the jurors?

Viewers in a bubble? As oppose to what?
Are people who only watch cnn also in a bubble? When did you become an expert on his viewer demographic? Do you have stats to back that up?

92redragtop
01-13-2020, 07:41 PM
When did they call them selves the jurors?

Viewers in a bubble? As oppose to what?
Are people who only watch cnn also in a bubble? When did you become an expert on his viewer demographic? Do you have stats to back that up?

They called themselves jurors in December.

Yes, people who only watch CNN are only in a bubble too.

Isn't the next step a "trial" with a judge (albeit political but then, there is a judge: Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr.)?

5.4MarkVIII
01-13-2020, 08:07 PM
I don't recall that but fine.
are they jurors like the Dems were in the house?

were the Dems un biased in their vote to impeach him?

why are the dems now calling for a trial and for the senators to be un biased? they could have done a trial in the house would they have had to step aside if they were not unbiased?

92redragtop
01-13-2020, 08:13 PM
I don't recall that but fine.
are they jurors like the Dems were in the house?

were the Dems un biased in their vote to impeach him?

why are the dems now calling for a trial and for the senators to be un biased? they could have done a trial in the house would they have had to step aside if they were not unbiased?

I don't believe the impeachment process is considered a "trial" nor is there a judge presiding over the proceeding (I believe Roberts is with SCOTUS but not sure who appointed him).

5.4MarkVIII
01-13-2020, 08:26 PM
the dems in the house had the option to have a trial. they chose not to and rammed threw an impeachment vote with no evidence after calling for impeachment, since the day after Trump was elected, they broke multiple ethical laws if not out right laws, and openly said on national tv that they have been working on an impeachment plan since almost a year before the events that they claim they are impeaching him for. they moved the goal posts for impeachment multipule times and ultimately settled on articals that arnt actual law.

now they are demanding the senate hold a trial. and be impartial

you don't see a problem with any of that.

also I have searched ant cant find anywhere that members of the senate were calling themselves a jury. there is lots of cases of the house dems and the media calling them a jury but that's just more lies to spread to people who don't know any better

hammerhead
01-13-2020, 11:09 PM
Hypothetically if there is one leader and no opposition what good are the laws...?

5.4MarkVIII
01-14-2020, 08:26 AM
I believe this 3rd term talk was originally made as a joke. it was then ran with by the media as fact and "another example of trump being a tyrant, dictator)

very much the same as the story they ran with way back in 2016 oh how, when Trump lost he would not except the results" that one is ironic.

the founding fathers set up the us government with different rolls and no one has plenary power over any other. the presidential branch, the house and the senate are voted in by the people, and are there to service the wants of the people. the judicial branch is appointed and impartial, only holding loyalty to the law and the constitution.

all set up as check and balances.