PDA

View Full Version : I need a truck ~ New vs Used~

1BAD92LX
02-14-2020, 12:35 PM
Looking at F150's but open to other brands. New truck will be a long term keeper as mileage will pile up quickly.
What the best plan? Kinda looking at lease trade-ins right now.

BAB CObra
02-14-2020, 12:46 PM
Year end models that are demos are the best for new buys.
with a plan if you have it then big discounts.. you can get a loaded f150 for like 40k tax in at the most.

True Blue
02-14-2020, 01:03 PM
A new Ram 1500 Classic, 25% off MSRP.

ZR
02-14-2020, 01:13 PM
You know how I've done it with last three trucks, spend the time to find the insane deal on a 1-2 yr old low miler (18 months old with 11k on the clock). Had current ride 3yrs this coming August, still worth what I paid for it. If your looking for a crew with 6' or longer box, cheapest place you'll find em is a city or close to city dealer where they are a hard sell.
As for what to buy, can only tell you I've never been as satisfied / pleased with any truck as my current Ram. Does it do everything perfect,nope but it is one hell of an overachiever. Previous GM I had, one of the worst POS I've owned / always had GM trucks up till then.

Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT
02-14-2020, 01:16 PM
https://www.parkwayford.ca/specials/

https://www.parkwayford.ca/wp-content/uploads/sites/41/2020/02/usedTruckSpecial2-800x274.png

1BAD92LX
02-14-2020, 01:22 PM
This page is being worked on, and will be ready soon. Please bear with us! ��

Ed, your killing me

Parkway Ford Lincoln SVT
02-14-2020, 01:27 PM
Didn't click that far on it, sorry! I know our sales rep who does the web stuff usually works on the updates on Fridays.

Also some new 2019s available still:

https://www.parkwayford.ca/vehicles/new/?view=grid&sc=new&yr=2019,2019&md=F-150

The Newmare
02-14-2020, 03:43 PM
I just picked up a 2019 Jeep Cherokee 4x4 Limited with just over 4,000kms window sticker almost $43,000.00 got it for just over $29,000.00 looks and smells new still!!https://scontent.fyyz1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/84083939_10157256054892481_7329932964224040960_o.j pg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_oc=AQkzr_jyTeV672xN--5lOFM6imkN7SptjyA2pPANW69VPe1bSN67_gganfj-_U_VyzVrdEwRFGtPDGp7uvVTGUx-&_nc_ht=scontent.fyyz1-1.fna&oh=69789e8ea7b829f36a039f505b6fe121&oe=5EBF7F5A

1BAD92LX
02-14-2020, 04:22 PM
^^^From a dealer?
all the left over 2019 f150's around here are all eco boost (which I do not want)

Laffs
02-14-2020, 04:41 PM
Demo truck or brand new with discounts is my go to. If you search for 1-2 year old smoking deal eventually one will pop up but you have to pounce on it ASAP it seems. FCA will always hurl incentives at you this time of the year. My current Ram CCSB 4x4 pretty much fully jammed was a 64k sticker I got for 42k OTD and 0% financing for 72. Everything used comparable at the time for 1-2 year old was basically within 6-8k of that and meant losing at least a year of warranty plus they all seemed to be odd option combos. 2+ year old stuff seems to all be overpriced IMO for what you get compared to spending the dollars on new.

If you're going to pile the miles on fuel economy has to be a factor no? In our fleet the 3.6L paired with 8 speed Rams are KILLING IT right now on the best mixed mileage vs TCO. Spec'd with a 3.92 gear they can still tow 7300lbs in a crew cab 4x4 config which is super respectable. Ford has the 2.7L Eco as well but we haven't had as great luck with Ecoboost stuff in our application. I know Armen was super pleased with his last 2.7 truck.

1BAD92LX
02-14-2020, 05:42 PM
call me old school but I like V8's

Laffs
02-14-2020, 06:03 PM
call me old school but I like V8's

You're old school.

But I don't fully blame you. I always order my trucks with the 8 cyl option, resale wise they always do a little better vs the 6er's and as stated I put sub 10k kms on my trucks a year so econ is low priority. I will say modern stuff with the multigear transmissions do pretty damn well highway. Our owners new 6.2 Sierra Denali with a 10spd is better highway than my 5.7 and 8spd Ram.

Minaccia
02-14-2020, 06:21 PM
We bought an 08 Tundra with 183,000 km on it 7 years ago and today it's still running strong, the box doesn't look all that great but the motor and drivetrain all still running strong. All we've had to do is the brakes, oil changes and tires since we bought the truck and when we buy a newer truck we're going back to a Toyota Tundra.

Just my 2 cents.

hsousa88
02-14-2020, 08:09 PM
I bought my ‘12 ram slt in 2015.. 11k on the clock for $25k tax in. Was a pretty insane deal at the time.. guess no one wanted a red truck.

I say buy used.. I’ll never buy a new vehicle.

1BAD92LX
02-14-2020, 08:44 PM
Currently looking in the 3 ish year old range but finding prices aren’t reflecting the age. Still expensive.
I’ve never had a new vehicle either, never really considered it till now.

hsousa88
02-14-2020, 08:46 PM
I found when shopping for mine that trim packages/extras cost so much more on a truck vs. a car. Is it just me?

Laffs
02-14-2020, 08:48 PM
Not so much more cost new but more value retention. Used higher end trucks hold value like crazy. Difference between a used Laramie and a used SLT is pretty wild.

1BAD92LX
02-14-2020, 08:54 PM
Problem is I have a 2011 f150 platinum. Would need a Ram Laramie at least

ZR
02-14-2020, 10:03 PM
Keep in mind when looking, have dealer shoot you the vin number and decode online yourself. That way you'll know exactly what your going to look at it. Even on a Laramie, can be ordered minus a whole bunch of the higher end features so be wary of dealers advertising fully fully loaded when in fact they can be missing 10K plus plus plus of options. Very little comes in a Ltd that can't be found in a jammed Laramie. Other thing to watch, don't get stuck with a big gear in the rear end if you really don't need it. Mine pulls like a mofo with just 3:21 out back. For some odd reason, bulk of the Rams out there are ordered without Ltd slip in the rear, put it in mine. It otherwise had every option except moon roof (major bonus as I really didn't want), front parking sensors, CD player in the console and factory running boards. Be sure to check out the available factory box / cargo lamps, super nice to have, especially with a tonneau cover. If important to you, power pedals are not all that common either.
Ram mirrors, make sure you can deal with the size n how far the tow mirrors hang out. On my body style, not powered or power folding, perfect for me mine came with full power / defrost n power folding standard style mirrors, I use em on a reg basis in parking lots. Headlights, difference between standard lights and premium headlights is absolutely night n day on a dark road, must have option IMHO.

Ponyryd
02-14-2020, 10:23 PM

In that case I doubt you’ll be happy with a Ram Classic, they’re not coming with too many options now as they phase them out, I haven’t seen one with leather in the last year. I agree with Laffs that buying new is very often worth it, my last Grand Cherokee was $54k sticker and we paid $42k for it, there are good deals to be had but you need to actually see what’s out there. Right now you can probably find 19s around that are well-priced, but beware of buying a demo-even if the dealer listed it as a demo (which they often do to makes sales quotas) and it only has 2-400km on it, the warranty starts when it’s first registered.
Personally I would go for a Toyota if you can swing it, but be prepared to pay way more than a comparable domestic.

1BAD92LX
02-14-2020, 10:31 PM
I’ve never been excited about looking at a Toyota interior
They do look like they are built like a brick shit house tho.

Zippy
02-15-2020, 01:26 AM
+1 to a Ram

Ghost Rider
02-15-2020, 02:02 AM

Ram Sport would have everything you need as well... Mine and Rick's are almost identical option wise cept I had the diff in mine... I can't remember if that came with the Sport or if that was an option but like Rick said get the VIN and you can decode right on the website right down to the silly things like if the vehicle has "headlights" or not LOL, not even joking, it's pretty in-depth which is cool

https://i.imgur.com/GBVUqS7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JDl7AqK.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/JoSf6pd.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/s20OeFH.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/7nREEhO.jpg

Redfire427
02-15-2020, 08:57 AM
I picked up my new Ram in November and I got 39% off the MSRP. I bought it at Peel Chrysler. You cannot beat their prices.

Carmen

Das 5.0
02-15-2020, 09:33 AM
I shopped last year for used vs new pickup. Couldn’t find a low k truck , ie would find a 2 year old with 125,000 Kim’s on it and they still want 25 k plus. Drove the Ram and was about to buy it until it was 9% borrowing, went over to GM and drove a 1500 and it was zero %. Truck was 65k on paper - out the door was 55 ish. Love the truck but she’s thirsty in the city , great on the highway. No regrets !

RedSN
02-15-2020, 10:13 AM
I have always bought used ....like 10 y/o used.
Current truck is the first new vehicle I have ever owned. Price of used trucks is ridiculous now. Lots of them being shipped south.

1BAD92LX
02-15-2020, 01:11 PM
What are the details Dave? Year, trim level and box length etc. How do you like the “dial a gear”?

ZR
02-15-2020, 05:24 PM
For me, rotary shifter took a lil getting accustomed to, second nature now.
Rams 8 speed trans, always in the right gear no matter what your doing.

Ghost Rider
02-15-2020, 06:58 PM
What are the details Dave? Year, trim level and box length etc. How do you like the “dial a gear”?

Brad, I'll post up my specs sheet for you when I get home...

As far as the rotary dial, same as Rick, it threw me a bit for the first little while, but now I can honestly say I love it!

Hutch
02-15-2020, 08:29 PM
^^^From a dealer?
all the left over 2019 f150's around here are all eco boost (which I do not want)

A friend of mine had a 12 f150 with a 5L. Didn’t want a eco boost until he figured out the fuel savings. Bought an eco boost and loves it. He was also not one to buy new but with rebates and 0% finance couldn’t go wrong. When he factored in the fuel savings it didn’t cost him much more at all to be driving a brand new truck over his higher kms 5L. It tows his mustang really well also.

Ghost Rider
02-15-2020, 10:27 PM
Here's my Truck:

Vehicle Description: 2015 RAM 1500 SPORT 4X4

I have almost 90k kms on it now with 25k of that being towing!

STANDARD EQUIPMENT:

Luxury Group

Sport Group

Monotone Paint

180 Amp Alternator

730 Amp Maintenance Free Battery

Electronic Stability Control

Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Brakes

Highline Door Trim Panel

2nd Row In Floor Storage Bins

Front Height Adjust Shoulder Belts

Supplemental Side Air Bags

Advanced Multistage Front Air Bags

Supplemental Frt Seat Side Air Bags

Carpet Floor Covering

Front & Rear Floor Mats

Driver/Passenger Assist Handles

Rear Underseat Compartment Storage

Overhead Console w/Garage Dr Opener

Elec Shift On Demand Transfer Case

215MM Front Axle

3.21 Rear Axle Ratio

235MM REAR AXLE

Conventional Differential Frt Axle

Tinted Glass Windows

Tinted Windshield Glass

Rear Power Sliding Window

Sun Visors w/Illum Vanity Mirrors

Passenger Side Sun Visor w/Mirror

RR View Auto Dim Mirror w/Microphone

Power Heated Mirrors, Fold-Away

Remote Keyless Entry with All-Secure

Sentry Key Theft Deterrent System

Dash Liner Insulation

Floor Tunnel Insulation

Electroluminescent Instr Cluster

200 KPH Primary Speedometer

Temperature & Compass Gauge

Var Intermittent Windshield Wipers

Dual Note Electric Horns

12V Auxiliary Power Outlet

Power Accessory Delay

Instrument Panel Premium Bezel

Power Locks

Pwr Front Windows, 1-Touch,Up & Down

Sport Taillamps

Front Passenger Seat Belt Alert

Vehicle Information Center

Glove Box Lamp

LED Interior Lighting

Underhood Lamp

Traveler/Mini Trip Computer

Rear Dome w/On/Off Switch Lamp

Automatic Headlamps

Bi-Function Halogen Projector H/Lamp

Fog Lamps

Cargo and CHMSL Lamp

Body Color Front Fascia

Body Color Rear Bumper w/Step Pads

Front License Plate Bracket

Front Wheel Spats

Grille-Body Color

Ram's Head Badge

Rear Wheel Well Liners

Body Color Door Handles

B-Pillar Black out

Rear Wheel Spats

Ram 1500 Badge

4X4 Badge

Front Bumper Sight Shields

Dual Rear Exhaust w/Bright Tips

Engine Block Heater

Speed Control

Bright White Clear Coat

Remote USB Port - Charge Only

Power Rack and Pinion Steering

Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel

Front Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers

Rear Heavy Duty Shock Absorbers

Front Stabilizer Bar

Rear Stabilizer Bar

Tilt Steering Column

Tire Carrier Winch

Full Size Temporary Use Spare Tire

P275/60R20 OWL All Season Tires

20X9.0 Polished Alum Wheels

17" Steel Spare Wheel

Non Adjustable Pedals

Pickup Box

R1234YF A/C Refrigerant

7 Pin Wiring Harness

Trailer Tow w/4-Pin Connector Wiring

Universal Garage Door Opener

Locking Tailgate

Body Color Fuel Filler Door

Seat Parts Module

Instrument Panel Parts Module

Door Parts Module

Front End Parts Module

Tire & Wheel Parts Module

Build To Canada Mkt. Specifications

GVW Rating - 6900#

Canada Dealer Retail

Zone 21-Canada-Ontario

Crew Cab

DS/6322 Vehicle Family

Four Wheel Drive (4WD)/(4X4)

2015 Vehicle Specifications

Price Class S - Sport

6 FT. Cargo Box

1500 Series

Vehicle Order Tracking

Canada Specifications Label

Ontario Province Code

Canada Country Code

OPTIONAL EQUIPMENT:

Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats

Black

Convenience Group

Remote Start & Security Alarm Group

Premium Sound Group

Bucket Seats

High Back Seats

Ventilated Front Seats

Supp. Side Curtain Frt/Rr Air Bags

Heated Front Seats

Rear 60/40 Split Folding Seat

Full Length Floor Console

Folding Flat Load Floor Storage

Rotary Shifter-Bright

All Automatic Transmissions

8-Spd Auto 8HP70 Trans (Buy-US)

Anti-Spin Differential Rear Axle

5.7L V8 HEMI MDS VVT Engine

Rear Window Defroster

Auto Dim Exterior Mirror

All Vehicles W/Power Mirrors

Power Sunroof

Remote Proximity Keyless Entry

Keyless Go

Air Cond ATC w/Dual Zone Control

Rain Sensitive Windshield Wipers

115V Auxiliary Power Outlet

GPS Navigation

GPS Antenna Input

Power Lumbar Adjust

Power 10-Way Drvr & 6-Way Pass Seats

Ash Tray Lamp

Ext. Mirrors w/Supplemental Signals

Exterior Mirrors Courtesy Lamps

Body Color Exterior Mirrors

Power-Folding Mirrors

Auto High Beam Headlamp Control

Daytime Running Headlamps, Dedicated

Security Alarm

Active Grille Shutters

Sport Performance Hood

Wheel to Wheel Side Steps

Hemi Badge

50 State Emissions

32 Gallon Fuel Tank

Heavy Duty Transmission Oil Cooler

Exterior Mirrors w/Heating Element

Electronically Controlled Throttle

Heated Steering Wheel

Heavy Duty Engine Cooling

Bright White Clear Coat

All Radio Equipped Vehicles

Uconnect 3C NAV with 8.4" Display

9 Alpine Speakers w/Subwoofer

Fixed Long Mast Antenna

Steering Wheel Mounted Audio Ctrls

8.4" Touchscreen Display

Harman Radio Manufacturer

Single Disc Remote CD Player

SiriusXM Satellite Radio

Media Hub (2 USB, Aux)

Audio Jack Input for Mobile Devices

Remote USB Port

Remote SD Card Slot

All VP4 Radios

Goodyear Brand Tires

All Aluminum Wheels

Center Hub

ParkView Rear Back-up Camera

Remote Start System

Tip Start

Class IV Receiver Hitch

Tire Pressure Monitoring Display

Locking Lug Nuts

English/USA Language

Spray in Bedliner

Integrated Voice Command w/Bluetooth

Humidity Sensor

Electronic Shift

Raised Ride Height

1-Yr. SiriusXM Radio Service

For More Info, Call 800-643-2112

4.5 Additional Gallons of Gas

Spring - Left Rear

Spring - Left Front

Spring - Right Rear

Spring - Right Front

Customer Preferred Package 2TL

Customer Preferred Package 26L

Federal A/C Excise Tax

Ontario Tire Surcharge

Special Scheduling Condition II

4X4 Tracking

Warren Truck Assembly Plant

Canada Region Group

NAFTA Region

1BAD92LX
02-16-2020, 09:36 AM
Pretty much the perfect option list. Do you want to sell it? Lol
Did you buy it new?

R3troGT
02-16-2020, 10:54 AM
I have had my 2019 RAM 1500 Bighorn for just about a year now. Currently have just over 8,000 km on her (Short commute)
I have had two issues during that time that where taken care of by dealers under warranty. First the headlight switch crapped out at 400k. Lights stayed in the on position all the time when the Truck was on. They replaced the switch with a new one. Took a month to get the part. Then last summer my dash reported an issue with the 4x4 system. Truck was stuck in 2WD. I could not switch it to any other mode. There was no issue driving it and luckily it was summer. Some module needed to be replaced. It took 2 month to get the part. Dealer kept saying soon but never had a definitive date. I ended up contacting RAM Canada via email and low and behold the part showed up a couple days later.

Even with these issues I love the Truck. It drives great and the 5.7 Hemi has the right amount of power. No V6 Truck for me. I have a 10km commute to work each way, so I don't care about gas usage.

My Truck had a sticker price of $62,000 and I paid $47,000.

https://i.imgur.com/sxFFqD3.jpg

Armen
02-16-2020, 11:30 AM
I have a 2019 Super Crew Lariat with the 2.7L EB.

It’s my third 2.7. I absolutely love this motor. I wouldn’t get another 5.0L. My rental (truck written off) was a 5.0 and I missed my 2.7.

1BAD92LX
02-16-2020, 11:41 AM
I’m surprised the amount of Ram owners on here

1BAD92LX
02-16-2020, 11:44 AM
I have a 2019 Super Crew Lariat with the 2.7L EB.

It’s my third 2.7. I absolutely love this motor. I wouldn’t get another 5.0L. My rental (truck written off) was a 5.0 and I missed my 2.7.

What’s the fuel mileage like? That little engine must have to work pretty hard. Do you tow with it?

Ghost Rider
02-16-2020, 12:23 PM
Pretty much the perfect option list. Do you want to sell it? Lol
Did you buy it new?

LOL, no I love it too much!!

Yeah, I bought it new in July of 2015... traded in my Trans-Am for it LOL

SlipperyVic
02-16-2020, 12:45 PM
I have 3 Rams in the company currently.

a 2014 1500 5.7 8spd Laramie with 345k that has been a total pleasure to own. 14l/100km overall average. Love this truck just not big enough to tow our larger trailers.

Also have a 2017 2500 Laramie Power Wagon with the 6.4L hemi and a 6spd. Great truck, just a wee bit thirsty. Every time I'd start it some Arab would get an erection. Not real practical for the 80k I do a year, but it was a leftover special order and the price was right at ~$52k new. Sticker list was 68k.

Now I'm in a 2019 2500 Limited with the 6.7 diesel. I've had it a month and have 7k on it. I've only had to fill it 9x so far. Can't wait to hook up the big trailer and give her a workout. Got this one for 17k off list.

Laffs
02-16-2020, 03:17 PM
Now I'm in a 2019 2500 Limited with the 6.7 diesel. I've had it a month and have 7k on it. I've only had to fill it 9x so far. Can't wait to hook up the big trailer and give her a workout. Got this one for 17k off list.

Every time the dealer calls me about "upgrading my 1500 Sport" I get tempted by the Cummins trucks.

Strangely enough the most common truck I see on job sites, Diesel F250 Platinum. Swear every site I visit theres at least 3 of them.

Armen
02-16-2020, 03:19 PM
What’s the fuel mileage like? That little engine must have to work pretty hard. Do you tow with it?

I haven’t but it tows up to 7600lbs.

Trying I can get 10.5L/100. Just driving mixed is about 12.

The power is amazing. 400tq. It’s like a magic carpet ride.

I love this motor. It definitely does not lack in performance. It just lacks the V8 sound, which is important to some. Not to me tho. Drop the hammer and it goes.

SlipperyVic
02-16-2020, 07:41 PM
If you're anything like me I'd suggest that you not go an drive one. That ISB is a nice motor. Mine is the standard output 370hp/850tq. The HO in the 3500 is 400/1000. That will get the job done in a hurry.

So far best tank has been 13L/100km and the worst has been 14.1L hand calculated. That's cruising at 120km/h+ too. The Power Wagon burned 24L/100kms so expect Shell stocks to go down.

Laffs
02-16-2020, 08:17 PM
If you're anything like me I'd suggest that you not go an drive one. That ISB is a nice motor. Mine is the standard output 370hp/850tq. The HO in the 3500 is 400/1000. That will get the job done in a hurry.

So far best tank has been 13L/100km and the worst has been 14.1L hand calculated. That's cruising at 120km/h+ too. The Power Wagon burned 24L/100kms so expect Shell stocks to go down.

One of my good friends got a 19' Mega Cab 3500 SRW, HO with the Aisin. He then did a full Carli suspension package to it with King's and 22's on Toyos. Then he demanded I drive it. Basically the automotive equivalent of giving a junkie a needle and vial and saying have at er.

Been a huge Cummins fan for a long while, ever since our family was running first gens. Run a few 4300 Int's with ISB/ISLs as well as a Freightliner with an ISL. Only motors I like over Reds are Yellow.

Screw
02-16-2020, 11:02 PM
my son picked up a 5.7 night edition express classic 8 sp tranny, good bang for the buck but kind of no frills interior does ,the job
Unfortunately rates aren’t as good as Ford and GM right now . Can’t justify 72k pickups I’m seeing though , 40 k’ish to me is reasonable.

Zippy
02-16-2020, 11:13 PM
Looking at F150's but open to other brands. New truck will be a long term keeper as mileage will pile up quickly.
What the best plan? Kinda looking at lease trade-ins right now.

Don't buy new. As soon as you drive it off the lot it takes a nose dive on what it is worth. Buy something a year old with low kms. Deals are out there. Search daily on Kijiji/autotrader/facebookmarketplace. See what things are listed for and then you'll be able to tell if something is a good buy or not.
I'd say if you are unsure on what brand you want to buy, go drive each of them. Just because truck A gets the best mileage... truck B might be more comfortable to drive. IMO comfortable > mileage.

Ponyryd
02-16-2020, 11:30 PM
Don't buy new. As soon as you drive it off the lot it takes a nose dive on what it is worth. Buy something a year old with low kms. Deals are out there. Search daily on Kijiji/autotrader/facebookmarketplace. See what things are listed for and then you'll be able to tell if something is a good buy or not.
I'd say if you are unsure on what brand you want to buy, go drive each of them. Just because truck A gets the best mileage... truck B might be more comfortable to drive. IMO comfortable > mileage.

That depends on the deal-especially when you consider the mileage and warranty that has been used. Case-in-point, our family ride was recently totalled (everyone was okay :) and we were pricing out a replacement, new would have cost me $51k, so I searched and searched for a good pre-owned option, most were around $40k with 20k on them....at used car rates of 5.9%, compared to new at 3.9%, what’s the better deal at that point?

ZR
02-17-2020, 12:38 AM
If your not impulsive and keep your nose to the ground looking, there is always an insane deal out there with your name on it. From my Fox to my GT to my first Cobra onto my second and finally the one I have now, all purchased well below market, same goes for last few trucks. Key is to treat it like the business transaction it is and keep the stars outta your eyes. No matter how much I may want, always comes down to the numbers.
JMO

1BAD92LX
02-17-2020, 10:35 AM
Not really in a rush, would like to find one by spring time.
Find it hard with dodge the options don’t seem consistent.

ZR
02-17-2020, 10:37 AM
Decode options via vin number is key with Ram.

ZR
02-17-2020, 10:39 AM
Another good clue to options, look at the number of buttons (or missing ones) on the center stack.
Rotary shifter means 8 spd trans.
Only thing odd in this pic (Dave's truck) decent amount of fuel in the tank.
https://i.imgur.com/s20OeFH.jpg

BAB CObra
02-17-2020, 10:43 AM
i just paid 38 for my loaded 2019 f150 xlt ... tax in sooo i would probably look into new.. it was 54 plus tax sticker

1BAD92LX
02-17-2020, 10:45 AM
Where? Details on truck please.

Screw
02-17-2020, 01:20 PM
i just paid 38 for my loaded 2019 f150 xlt ... tax in sooo i would probably look into new.. it was 54 plus tax sticker

Is that a true employee price ?

True Blue
02-17-2020, 01:45 PM
Is that a true employee price ?

X2, I was thinking the same.

Ghost Rider
02-17-2020, 02:04 PM
Another good clue to options, look at the number of buttons (or missing ones) on the center stack.
Rotary shifter means 8 spd trans.
Only thing odd in this pic (Dave's truck) decent amount of fuel in the tank.

LOL... that is rare agreed!

Ghost Rider
02-17-2020, 02:12 PM
One of my good friends got a 19' Mega Cab 3500 SRW, HO with the Aisin. He then did a full Carli suspension package to it with King's and 22's on Toyos. Then he demanded I drive it. Basically the automotive equivalent of giving a junkie a needle and vial and saying have at er.

Been a huge Cummins fan for a long while, ever since our family was running first gens. Run a few 4300 Int's with ISB/ISLs as well as a Freightliner with an ISL. Only motors I like over Reds are Yellow.

My Brother has the Mega Cab, it's a nice truck, TQ in those are pretty nuts, thing will pull a house LOL

He put in a H&S Mini Maxx w/MCC by DCT

Armen
02-17-2020, 03:49 PM

Ya when I totalled my truck I had an eye on a new Super Crew XLT with 302a pkg. it was also 38k. But I ended up going with a Lariat 502a instead. The LED headlights, keyless entry/start and heated steering wheel ticked all the boxes for me. Plus the leather is easier with the dogs.

1BAD92LX
02-17-2020, 04:31 PM
Google-ing lariat 502a. With a 5L:stickpoke:

Armen
02-18-2020, 12:02 AM
Hey, if you like the 5.0, that’s good too.

But if you haven’t, test drive the 2.7. It’s a powerful little mill.

Zippy
02-18-2020, 12:59 AM
Where? Details on truck please.
+1

1BAD92LX
02-18-2020, 11:49 PM

I need to know more. Mostly where, what options and engine?

1BAD92LX
02-18-2020, 11:50 PM
Ya when I totalled my truck I had an eye on a new Super Crew XLT with 302a pkg. it was also 38k. But I ended up going with a Lariat 502a instead. The LED headlights, keyless entry/start and heated steering wheel ticked all the boxes for me. Plus the leather is easier with the dogs.

Does Blackstock have any deals coming up?

Armen
02-19-2020, 08:54 AM
0% @ 60m
.49% @ 72m
.99% @ 84m

+ $2500 Delivery Allowance

Screw
02-19-2020, 09:26 AM
Good rates ^^

1BAD92LX
02-23-2020, 04:53 PM
https://www.autotrader.ca/a/ford/f-150/huntsville/ontario/5_45765752_20190828193431778?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&orup=4_15_62&pc=P1B%208G5&sprx=250

Ghost Rider
02-23-2020, 04:58 PM
^^^ except for the 'Ford' thing... it's pretty sweet! :D

actually I still can't get past the looks of the windows on these things, it's always bugged me and a little uncomfortable for resting your arm on... although that being said, admittedly I rarely have the windows down now, either heat on or AC LOL, sometimes I crack the rear slider and vent the sunroof but that's about it!

I like the White!!, looks Sharpe

1BAD92LX
02-23-2020, 05:11 PM
^^^ except for the 'Ford' thing... it's pretty sweet! :D

All right Dodge boy lol. Find me a Hemi, 4x4, full 4 door, with 6.5ft box, trailer tow and brake controller with leather for under 40k. newer the better

Ghost Rider
02-23-2020, 05:34 PM
All right Dodge boy lol. Find me a Hemi, 4x4, full 4 door, with 6.5ft box, trailer tow and brake controller with leather for under 40k. newer the better

it's 'RAM' boy actually!

I had a quick look and found that exact truck in my driveway except for the "newer" part... but being a RAM it does have the "better" part checked off!! :D *runs and hides*

No but in all seriousness, I would got drive each if you get the chance and have the time...

I don't know if the 17's are the same as the 18's as far as transmission but Fordsy bought and '18 and whish that he kept is '12, he said he can't stand the transmission in it, never in the right gear and skips gears and he doesn't even tow with it... and he's pro Ford all the way so for him to give his honest opinion on it was a arm twist to begin with LOL

Like I said, I have over 25K out of almost 90K just towing and a lot at a time too with two trips to Edmonton none stop towing and I would switch to the tranny temp screen and that thing wouldn't budge, so either it's broken, or the HD tranny cooler is doing it's job!! LOL

But seriously I'm sure you cant go wrong with either... and I only have experience with RAM and only know the things Steve tells me about his so I really can't compare to owning one... but just thought Id share some thoughts... figured if you didn't want some opinions then you wouldn't have posted this thread :)

But I still say take both for a drive... or if your in the area, your welcome to come take mine for a spin! If I had of known you were looking you couldn't have taken when you were at Wing Night a while back... but maybe you weren't looking for trucks at the time... I guess that was a while ago now...

Zippy
02-23-2020, 08:19 PM
Here's a 2017 ram limited for 39 with 54k
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/london/2017-ram-1500-limited-one-owner-very-clean-tonneau-cover/1484112835?undefined

bluetoy
02-23-2020, 08:22 PM

Here's one.. except for the under 40k part.

http://www.jimperrymotors.ca/used/vehicle/2019-ram-1500-sport-id9856340.htm

https://images.edealer.ca/2/70509609.jpeg

RedSN
02-23-2020, 08:52 PM
it's 'RAM' boy actually!.
That’s not better

Ghost Rider
02-23-2020, 08:59 PM
That’s not better

maybe not... but it's correct! LOL

1BAD92LX
02-23-2020, 08:59 PM
Here's a 2017 ram limited for 39 with 54k
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/london/2017-ram-1500-limited-one-owner-very-clean-tonneau-cover/1484112835?undefined

This one with the longer bed would be perfect

Zippy
02-23-2020, 09:06 PM
This one with the longer bed would be perfect

Just keep watching kijiji man. You'll find what you want. Seems like a lot of trucks go up everyday. If you get in the habit of looking everyday you can watch for the deals/what you want.

WidowrRacing
03-09-2020, 09:47 AM
I sold my 2012 5L FX4 in the fall and have been looking on Kijiji and auto trader recently for another used 16-18 Ford Sport or Ram Sport to replace it.

It’s not easy finding used with the options you need\want with a clean carfax and when I did it wasn’t a 5oh in the Ford that I wanted or the Ram didn’t have the sport hood or bucket seats etc.
This option also wasn’t looking “cheap” compared to buying a new 2019 once you factor in the financing rate and the fact that most the trucks I was looking at were 2-3 years old with 60K+ on them and out of warranty.

After some on line searching I found my own truck sitting at a dealership in Toronto.
Within a couple hours after the other dealership I was currently working with just told me they couldn’t compete with the deal offered and were struggling trying to figure out how the other dealership could even possibly do it my deposit was sent.

Pics to follow but it’s a new 2019 Ram 1500 Warlock crew cab with options I needed and a couple I didn’t but I will certainly enjoy.

I think my deal was made because it’s March and the dealership just wants to clear out their 19 stock. It’s crazy the price difference between the 19 and 20s especially when it’s the same truck.

1BAD92LX
03-10-2020, 02:05 PM
https://www.caronauto.ca/certified/Ford/2016-Ford-F-150-61e39e3e0a0e0a1766a9ee2d95539903.htm

Laffs
03-10-2020, 04:29 PM
What specs are you looking for? I'm about to cycle out about 3 trucks from our fleet. All 2015-2016 Silverados. Two WT base model 4.3L V6 2WD Crew Cab Short Box and one True North Edition 5.3L 4x4 Crew Cab Short Box. Usually send em to auction for wholesale so pricing would be around that.

Armen
03-10-2020, 04:40 PM
https://www.caronauto.ca/certified/Ford/2016-Ford-F-150-61e39e3e0a0e0a1766a9ee2d95539903.htm

Very nice truck. The Lariat is the way to go. That gen Coyote is a good motor too.

1BAD92LX
03-10-2020, 04:55 PM
What specs are you looking for? I'm about to cycle out about 3 trucks from our fleet. All 2015-2016 Silverados. Two WT base model 4.3L V6 2WD Crew Cab Short Box and one True North Edition 5.3L 4x4 Crew Cab Short Box. Usually send em to auction for wholesale so pricing would be around that.

Currently spoiled with options in a 2011 F150 platinum. If your Chev true north edition had the middle size box, I would consider it.

Laffs
03-10-2020, 04:56 PM
NP. Figured I'd ask before I send em off. We don't order anything with 6.5 boxes anymore.

ZR
03-18-2020, 09:20 AM
What ya looking at this week Brad?
Hint hint, hope it's got a Hemi.

Harbinger
03-18-2020, 12:30 PM
Tacoma all the way or a first or second gen coyote f150

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

1BAD92LX
03-18-2020, 02:37 PM
What ya looking at this week Brad?
Hint hint, hope it's got a Hemi.

I'm finding my money goes a little further Ram wise over Ford. Haven't investigated Chev too much.

ZR
03-18-2020, 02:54 PM
Fuck no on a GM.
Ram is the good stuff.
Ford ain't so far behind.

hsousa88
03-18-2020, 05:15 PM
Fuck no on a GM.
Ram is the good stuff.
Ford ain't so far behind.

Got a good look at the new rams today.. guy on the job site has one. Fuckin love it.

1BAD92LX
04-03-2020, 12:11 PM
https://www.autotrader.ca/a/ford/f-150/brampton/ontario/5_47806852_on20070924101359260?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&ursrc=pl&urp=1&urm=8&pc=P1B%208G5&sprx=500

Really like this one. Minus the power running boards which don’t like winter

MUSTANGWOP
04-03-2020, 12:21 PM
https://www.autotrader.ca/a/ford/f-150/brampton/ontario/5_47806852_on20070924101359260?showcpo=ShowCpo&ncse=no&ursrc=pl&urp=1&urm=8&pc=P1B%208G5&sprx=500

I bought a used car from Plant Ford once, WORST experience of my life!! Bunch of idiots/losers working/running that place.

1BAD92LX
04-03-2020, 01:14 PM
That’s unfortunate but good to know, thanks.

ZR
04-03-2020, 03:15 PM
Sweet truck though.

1BAD92LX
04-10-2020, 12:00 PM
Going to look into this one. Bought my current truck here.

https://www.savageford.ca/pre-owned/ford/f-150/2017-magnetic-lariat---one-owner---local---trade-in---$291-b-w-18015042.html

Blackmare
04-10-2020, 12:21 PM
Nice looking rig.

Zippy
04-10-2020, 12:47 PM
It looks like a nice truck. Back seat is massive lol.

ZR
04-10-2020, 08:58 PM
Hell yes it is.

https://s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/images.newcarselloff.com/b_5e8765b770cd1_121957239_2017_Ford_F-150.jpg?timestamp=1586489232

1BAD92LX
04-10-2020, 09:16 PM
We like big trucks up here lol

5.4MarkVIII
04-11-2020, 10:22 AM

I love my power running boards but do leave them off in the winter just in case. I was told the issues stem from lack of maintenance (lubrication on the pivots)

But we all see the giant ice build up behind the wheels that occurs when driving. So I play it safe.

1BAD92LX
04-11-2020, 12:03 PM
I turned my running boards off in winter also but them not moving all winter almost made them seized up faster.
Now would just prefer to have normal ones.

Ponyryd
04-11-2020, 12:11 PM
Power side steps do not last in our region, the Ford ones would seize up all the time and I’d usually just unplug them since they were a grand or so to fix. I’m hoping the Ram ones don’t suffer the same fate but most likely they will.

USAWIT2
04-11-2020, 12:35 PM
I've had my aftermarket retractable running boards since 2013 on my 2012 F150 FX4, no issues. Mine you I keep them clean and greased and I also installed weathertech mud flaps on the front to keep the slush off.
I found the factory ones useless, too high/ narrow compared to the retractable ones.

-Usawit2

1BAD92LX
04-18-2020, 10:47 AM
Picking up new to me truck early next week. 2017 F-150 lariat fx4. 5L 6 sp. crew cab with 6.5 ft box.

Old Fart
04-18-2020, 10:51 AM
Congrats!

ZR
04-18-2020, 10:51 AM
The one above??

1BAD92LX
04-18-2020, 10:57 AM
Yep. (Meant to say that lol) happy to find what I wanted locally.

Zippy
04-18-2020, 11:38 AM
Congrats man!

Oliver47
06-25-2020, 07:40 AM
I always opt for used cars. But if you buy a used car always make sure you take the attention to the history of the vehicle here (https://www.quickppsr.com.au/revs-check). I always buy with a Full Service History.

No matter which vehicle you choose, my general tip would be always buy a car with Full Service History. Any vehicle I've bought that hasn't has always never worked out financially. It generally means the timing and all other engine maintenance has been well done. This means the engine has had less stress on it over the years and will generally last longer and better. It also maintains better fuel economy.