PDA

View Full Version : Anyone stocking up on supplies/food?

Ponyryd
02-29-2020, 12:04 AM
Apparently this is a thing, hand sanitizer, water and other stuff is selling at an alarming rate because of the corona virus, people are stockpiling stuff in case of quarantine or whatever they think will happen. Any of youz doing similar stuff? I’m headed to Costco tomorrow to stock up on cheese balls :)

newbiestangowner
02-29-2020, 01:54 AM
High commander is
N95 masks
Disposable gloves
Laundry detergent
Water
Food
ETC ETC ETC

- she always buys extra stock anyway but I’m noticing more than usual.
She doesn’t want me to go with her to Costco tomorrow since I’m usually the one that takes the item out of the cart and put it back on the shelf.

Oh Pony , your wife going to BTS concert in May? Cause my kids got tickets again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen06GT
02-29-2020, 07:30 AM
No.

bbriann
02-29-2020, 07:39 AM
The other day I went Walmart to get hand sanitizer bottles for at work and at home.
Walmart here Port Elgin was sold out and had gotten any instock in week...Dollarama had lots tho...in the USA the shipping cart pickup storage areas sanitizing wipes are supplied. Shopping carts are handles are probably one of the highest germ transfers points that ever existed.

Screw
02-29-2020, 07:39 AM
Nope but I’m with the majority ....I stopped drinking Corona & shaving my beard off

True Blue
02-29-2020, 08:05 AM
Started stocking up 4 weeks ago.

-Purchased P100 vapor/gas cartridges for my respirator. Even bought the wife a respirator too.
-Boxes of disposable gloves, hand sanitizer and N95 masks (on hand work related)
-Toiletries
-Freezer is fully stocked.
-Tons of canned and dry food.
-Going this morning to stock up on more beer and wine.

Our government his been and will continue doing very little to manage the situation. More focus is spent on how not to offend the virus, than ways to actually stop it. I'll do what I can to protect my family, because nobody else will.

hammerhead
02-29-2020, 09:36 AM
That's a lot of cheeze balls - better stop at the beer store next and order a skid....lo

Gr8Stang
02-29-2020, 12:21 PM
I always joke with my wife regarding our "war pantry", but its really not a bad idea to have cash of non-perishable food/supplies in case of any emergency....virus or otherwise.

As for stocking up on water, I'm assuming people do that in case they think the water supply might be compromised some how, i.e. people at water plant get sick and can't operate the plant? Would be interesting to know how our essential services are prepared/preparing for something like this......

RedSN
02-29-2020, 01:43 PM
Paranoia fuelled by the media and social media. I’ll eat my words if I get it, but for now: no fucking way I’m standing in a mob line at Costco to stock up on supplies.

redo75
02-29-2020, 04:45 PM
At our local Costco the lineup to get in is now even longer, have 2 staff members wiping the cart handle with Lysol wipes., before you go in.

JonsMustang
02-29-2020, 05:37 PM
At our local Costco the lineup to get in is now even longer, have 2 staff members wiping the cart handle with Lysol wipes., before you go in.

Go near closing time, no lines at all!

hammerhead
02-29-2020, 07:26 PM
I always joke with my wife regarding our "war pantry", but its really not a bad idea to have cash of non-perishable food/supplies in case of any emergency....virus or otherwise.

As for stocking up on water, I'm assuming people do that in case they think the water supply might be compromised some how, i.e. people at water plant get sick and can't operate the plant? Would be interesting to know how our essential services are prepared/preparing for something like this......

woman are funny that way eh! We always have on hand at least 6 tubes of Colgate and a hundred bars of soap

hammerhead
02-29-2020, 07:29 PM
there's a nice trout stream behind the house - I think if it comes to the crunch most people will die because - lack of convenience! I know animal get it now too!

92redragtop
02-29-2020, 08:32 PM
Laundry detergent

She doesn’t want me to go with her to Costco tomorrow since I’m usually the one that takes the item out of the cart and put it back on the shelf.

If you're not going out then it doesn't matter how you smell....?

Ponyryd
02-29-2020, 09:20 PM
High commander is
N95 masks
Disposable gloves
Laundry detergent
Water
Food
ETC ETC ETC

Oh Pony , your wife going to BTS concert in May? Cause my kids got tickets again.

Ha, yes she is, I don’t get it, but whatever.

Don, the line was no longer than usual, only difference was they gave you a Lysol wipe for the cart at the door, and they now have self-checkouts (new to my area). We just got water, chips and some canned goods. She wants to stock up on pet food as well, but I told her if it comes to it I’ll be eating the pets before I feed them ;)
We only got a cart full, nothing crazy. I also didn’t see many people stockpiling anything, seemed like a normal Sat morning, same thing at the Superstore, everything normal, just no stock of sanitizer.

Screw
02-29-2020, 11:30 PM
Idfk I go in in random homes day in day out . Work on ventilation systems that move around airborne particles ...I think I’ve built up my immune system. Haven’t had a flu/cold in a couple years .

newbiestangowner
02-29-2020, 11:41 PM
Idfk I go in in random homes day in day out . Work on ventilation systems that move around airborne particles ...I think I’ve built up my immune system. Haven’t had a flu/cold in a couple years .

You wanna buy my plane ticket?
I have an Airbnb as well all ready
Since u primed your immune system

1quikgt
02-29-2020, 11:42 PM
I’m stocking up on Corona. Seems to be a lot of it left in the store:cheers:

newbiestangowner
02-29-2020, 11:46 PM
I’m stocking up on Corona. Seems to be a lot of it left in the store:cheers:

It’s true lol- apparently sales of Corona are down in the USA
???

True Blue
03-01-2020, 12:07 AM
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/no-corona-beer-is-not-linked-to-chinas-coronavirus-outbreak

92redragtop
03-01-2020, 02:34 AM
It’s true lol- apparently sales of Corona are down in the USA
???

Yup - maybe a Pence directive????

Ponyryd
03-01-2020, 10:39 AM
https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/no-corona-beer-is-not-linked-to-chinas-coronavirus-outbreak

Damn, some people.....

Laffs
03-01-2020, 12:55 PM
My Apocalypse kit is a bottle of Vodka and my Benelli.

newbiestangowner
03-01-2020, 01:31 PM
https://youtu.be/e2g2A_iRnoI

83 5.0
03-01-2020, 04:29 PM
Toilet paper and craft beer, all I need to survive a pandemic ;)

83 5.0
03-01-2020, 04:34 PM

Mould, Mildew, Legionnaires, just afew other things to worry about. Most affected seem to be older,and with compromised immune systems. More people ODing than will be stricken with Covid 19.

Gr8Stang
03-01-2020, 04:46 PM
Check Home Depot for sanitizer, also drug stores.

The more time you spend in crowded areas the greater the chances of going from isolating to quarantining.

Also if this gets out of hand you could be inside a quarantine area, which means no in/out for a few weeks.

I think this is one of the reasons the Chinese have been able to contain the virus, and it appears to have now peaked and numbers of new infections are falling. That said......they are under communist rule where they can enforce things, i.e. quarantine areas but here in the Land of the free......I'm not sure the same measures can be taken. Closing schools is a government call, but most other things will be up to the organizations that own/run them, i.e. sporting events, concerts, trade shows, etc. Hopefully it won't come to that here.....

83 5.0
03-01-2020, 06:35 PM
One upside to the Covid 19 scare, reduced pollution in China

https://www.ctvnews.ca/polopoly_fs/1.4833714.1583029452!/httpImage/image.png_gen/derivatives/landscape_960/image.png

1quikgt
03-01-2020, 09:08 PM
People must think this is the Zombie Apocalypse. There’s 80k+ known cases and around 3k deaths. Same stats as the flu but no one doomsday preps every winter for that.

Gr8Stang
03-01-2020, 09:27 PM
People must think this is the Zombie Apocalypse. There’s 80k+ known cases and around 3k deaths. Same stats as the flu but no one doomsday preps every winter for that.

Couldn't agree with you more. Getting people all worried and uptight.....and sending the stock market plunging amongst other things.

92redragtop
03-01-2020, 10:14 PM
China officials knew of coronavirus in December, ordered cover-up, report says

https://nypost.com/2020/02/29/china-officials-knew-of-coronavirus-in-december-ordered-cover-up-report-says/

still trust China's reporting?

Did you before this event?

92redragtop
03-01-2020, 11:26 PM
does my post infer I did?

Possibly - or that some did.

Mellow Yellow
03-02-2020, 01:05 AM
there's a nice trout stream behind the house - I think if it comes to the crunch most people will die because - lack of convenience! I know animal get it now too!

If we start to run out of food I'll start fishing off my dock..........it takes longer for the mercury to kill ya!

Stephen06GT
03-02-2020, 08:59 AM
My colleague at work just said he was stocking up over the weekend, but he had to make two trips because the buggies at the LCBO are so small.

RedSN
03-02-2020, 09:23 AM
Alcohol is a good disinfectant.

newbiestangowner
03-02-2020, 01:08 PM
We joke lol but I went to RCSS in Oakville cause high commander is have an anxiety attack about extra supplies.
Well this wasn’t reassuring
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200302/eeec0951f8cba2040cb81ff5cebc1ec7.jpg

newbiestangowner
03-02-2020, 02:33 PM
Zombie apocalypse is here :(

https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/novel-coronavirus-fears-are-causing-costco-canada-stores-to-sell-out-photos

Burns
03-02-2020, 03:17 PM
Apparently this is a thing, hand sanitizer, water and other stuff is selling at an alarming rate because of the corona virus, people are stockpiling stuff in case of quarantine or whatever they think will happen. Any of youz doing similar stuff? I’m headed to Costco tomorrow to stock up on cheese balls :)

Ammunition is the key!