PDA

View Full Version : was a nice day

The Newmare
03-15-2020, 05:45 PM
so the NEWMARE got his first spick and span of the season,inside and out (did the Jeep while I was at it) Good to go!!!

Zutz2v
03-15-2020, 05:46 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200315/befbeb762ccad07fcc4885cee8b991c2.jpg
Couldn’t resist I took her out for an hour

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ghost Rider
03-15-2020, 06:48 PM
nice!! too much salt on our roads still for anything like that :(

Stallionred5.0
03-15-2020, 07:05 PM
I took her out too. Rain twice this last week so less salt [emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

bbriann
03-15-2020, 08:27 PM
Not alot of salt used up here in great white north (Bruce County) this year. Little sand every now and again. Roads are pretty salt free and fairly clean. I would been out also but got not pcv system so cold air would have gotten condensation in oil so I resisted...soon though

Zutz2v
03-15-2020, 09:07 PM
nice!! too much salt on our roads still for anything like that :(

My buddy pushed me to do it, I didn’t want to but I’m glad I did

Harbinger
03-18-2020, 01:13 PM
nice!! too much salt on our roads still for anything like that :(Im thinking of whipping the mach out anytime now. YOLO

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

ZR
03-19-2020, 07:58 AM
Saw lots of brine n salt up Markham way yesterday.
Might be lil early just yet.

fast Ed
03-19-2020, 10:07 AM
Yes it is, unless you live about 250 miles south of us!

Slick_89_Hatch
03-19-2020, 10:34 AM
Roads are actually quite clean in my area (Burlington) and my car is ready to go but i'm not really driving it yet. Only took it out to bed the new brakes!

fast Ed
03-19-2020, 11:41 AM
Roads are still cold though, summer performance tires are hard as oak at these temps. Cold tires + cold roads + RWD + big torque = too much potential for things to go bad.

Best to wait until it's consistently above 7 or 8 degrees IMO. But you're all adults, capable of deciding for yourself. :)

ZR
03-19-2020, 04:41 PM
Roads are actually quite clean in my area (Burlington) and my car is ready to go but i'm not really driving it yet. Only took it out to bed the new brakes!

Never saw a follow up, Ford get you fixed up ok? What they find?

IanGTCS
03-21-2020, 09:51 PM
I've had mine out the last two weeks on snow tires. Battery went kaput in December so parked it and only drove my winter car. Quick pay and spray wash today too. So worth having it out from an enjoyment standpoint.

Hutch
03-23-2020, 08:49 PM

I was wondering about this also?

Slick_89_Hatch
03-24-2020, 10:29 AM

2 things....before I took it to the dealer I changed the RR caliper. When I did the brakes initially one slider was seized and when I turned the piston in...it was almost impossible then all of a sudden it collapsed in. I had put it back together then later decided I should change it. So once changed, I bled just that one caliper, but this time with the key in the ON position as recommended by someone as they stated it powers the ABS module. Once I did that, most of my pedal came back. BUT since it was going to the dealer anyways for the airbag recall I decided to still let them do the bleeding with their tool/machine that activates the ABS during the procedure. Long story short brakes are all good now! Too bad I haven't been able to drive it since :(

However im probably going to start my heat exchanger install today :)

ZR
03-24-2020, 10:31 AM
Good to hear your fixed up.

N89
03-25-2020, 10:44 AM
Had mine out last Saturday, went for a drive with the wife since we can't go anywhere else.
It was cold but sunny and the roads were clean enough, probably not the best temps for the super sports but i took it easy and didn't have any issues with traction.
Plan on driving it to work on Friday if it's sunny.

Slick_89_Hatch
03-25-2020, 12:08 PM
Had mine out last Saturday, went for a drive with the wife since we can't go anywhere else.
It was cold but sunny and the roads were clean enough, probably not the best temps for the super sports but i took it easy and didn't have any issues with traction.
Plan on driving it to work on Friday if it's sunny.

Killer ride!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

N89
03-26-2020, 11:04 AM
^^^^
Thanks, you too.

Now with what is going on with this pandemic, is it cool to still drive this cars?
I mean... i still have to drive to work anyway so is it douchey to drive this instead of the truck?
How about the weekends, is it still ok to go for a drive as long as we keep isolated from everyone else?

Slick_89_Hatch
03-26-2020, 11:19 AM
I took mine out last night for its first real drive of the year...I don't see any issues! If anything the best time since there are way less idiot drivers on the road!

N89
03-26-2020, 12:23 PM
Glad you finally got to take it out!
You bought it late season correct? Did you even get to drive it at all last year.

Yeah i don't see any issues either, but with everything that's going on with some people going thru a hard time personally and financially i wonder if driving this "nicer" cars is a bit obnoxious?

newbiestangowner
03-26-2020, 12:27 PM
You bought it late season correct? Did you even get to drive it at all last year.

Yeah i don't see any issues either, but with everything that's going on with some people going thru a hard time personally and financially i wonder if driving this "nicer" cars is a bit obnoxious?

This was on my mind as well before you actually posted it so you’re not alone;It felt weird for some reason, maybe just my imagination? And mine is not even nice , it’s more or less a daily lol
I just go around the neighborhood instead of walking.

fast Ed
03-26-2020, 01:02 PM

This sounds like you're being considerate of others ... you will give Shelby owners a bad name if you keep that up! LOL

Seriously though, I understand your reasoning but in my mind I'd say enjoy what you have. I intend to do so when I get my 17 GT out in a few weeks.

cheers
Ed

Stephen06GT
03-26-2020, 01:27 PM
^^^^
Thanks, you too.

Now with what is going on with this pandemic, is it cool to still drive this cars?
I mean... i still have to drive to work anyway so is it douchey to drive this instead of the truck?
How about the weekends, is it still ok to go for a drive as long as we keep isolated from everyone else?

Were you on Langstaff in Vaughan around noon today?

N89
03-26-2020, 03:02 PM
^^^
No,that wasn't me

N89
03-26-2020, 03:03 PM
This sounds like you're being considerate of others ... you will give Shelby owners a bad name if you keep that up! LOL

Seriously though, I understand your reasoning but in my mind I'd say enjoy what you have. I intend to do so when I get my 17 GT out in a few weeks.

cheers
Ed

Oops my bad, wouldn't want to do that lol.

But thanks, looks like tomorrow will be a nice day so i may drive it to work, a bit of joy in this shitty times.

Slick_89_Hatch
03-26-2020, 03:32 PM

Thanks! I only had it out a handful of times last year but mostly just short trips around town.
You know what, I think as long as youre driving respectfully people might like seeing some nice muscle cars around....could brighten up their day!

Slick_89_Hatch
03-26-2020, 03:33 PM

cheers
Ed

Hey, same here, I haven't even gotten into boost lol....mainly because it still needs a tune :)

True Blue
03-26-2020, 04:12 PM
Were you on Langstaff in Vaughan around noon today?

I've seen that one around a few times, he lives in my area.

Gabe
03-26-2020, 04:14 PM

Seems to me that it is almost like no on is allowed to smile or be in a good mood with what is going on. I have been heading out to ride my bike in the evenings and normally I would smile as I pass people walking, they would smile back. With everything going on, everyone just seems to be stone faced out there. Driving a nice car may be seen as the same thing, "can't be seen enjoying yourself"

Armen
03-26-2020, 08:08 PM
Guys... Don't hesitate. With everything going on now, might as well get some enjoyment somewhere. Mustangselfisolationvehicle.

N89
03-27-2020, 07:54 AM
Guys... Don't hesitate. With everything going on now, might as well get some enjoyment somewhere. Mustangselfisolationvehicle.

Woke up today and said fuck it i am driving it to work.
But i tried to be considerate of my neighbors since most of them are home.
I leave the house around 6 am so i pushed the car out of the garage onto the street, got in started it up and took off right way without even waiting to warm it up, took it very easy for the first few miles until the car warmed up.
So not all Shelby owners are douches, LOL.

CDNfyrfytr
03-27-2020, 02:06 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200327/ec9e2117ca35f2d7d16434dff5c6df0a.jpg

It lives! Couldn’t pass up a beautiful day to go for a spin!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200327/f374bda49b7610da804471b2f42070bd.jpg

newbiestangowner
03-27-2020, 06:47 PM
^^ nice Mike!!
I got to cruise a little as well, total self isolation ( didn’t take pics or open the windows)
It was great, so long since I have done that- cleared the head- not that it had a lot in there to begin with. :)

CDNfyrfytr
03-27-2020, 07:19 PM
Was way to nice today to leave it in hibernation. Short cruise around Niagara. You’re right though, was nice to get out and not think about all the craziness going on right now.

bbriann
03-27-2020, 10:19 PM
I took my car out for just a short drive today just to confirm the change of gears from 4.30 to 4.10 were quiet, all is good.
Won`t be getting into boost until I replace methanol injection with fresh solution, in case methanol maybe evaporated over with
winter leaving just water and also want use up the fuel in tank and get fresh 93 octane fuel. But ran great...

The Newmare
03-28-2020, 02:36 PM
went for a nice little rip last night....missed that smile it puts on my face!!

FABMAN
03-29-2020, 07:19 AM
I miss driving mine, won’t be out of storage for another month or so.

ZR
03-29-2020, 07:26 AM
Spoil yourself n do it sooner vs later.