PDA

View Full Version : TB to Plenum Gasket

Laffs
04-11-2020, 09:29 PM
This thing tore on me tonight after I had to remove the TB to get my spark plug and coil out. Can I ultra copper this connection? Have a tube of the stuff in garage and feel like that's easier than attempting to source a gasket in this strange world. If not I'll have to track one down.

ZR
04-11-2020, 10:21 PM
Reluctant to suggest silicone for that kinda deal.
Fast Ed could likely mail order one to you.

Laffs
04-11-2020, 10:36 PM
Figured as much. Guess I’ll wait on driving her for yet another weekend. Funny how something always goes wrong on a simple maintenance item.

ZR
04-11-2020, 10:47 PM
Sadly yes.
Hopefully you can source one close.

Laffs
04-12-2020, 11:22 AM
Saved by my own parts hoarding. Forgot I had couple oem TB and Plenum combos on the shelf. Gasket acquired from there.

1low03gt
04-12-2020, 12:49 PM
You can also pick up one of those packages of gaskets kits from Canadian tire. Has all styles in the package which are square sheets, and make your own,...probably get a few too many out of it for your money’s worth too. Did that when I did the Bullitt intake swap. Wasn’t overly priced either if I remember correctly. Been many years now since I did the swap.

Laffs
04-12-2020, 01:44 PM
You can also pick up one of those packages of gaskets kits from Canadian tire. Has all styles in the package which are square sheets, and make your own,...probably get a few too many out of it for your money’s worth too. Did that when I did the Bullitt intake swap. Wasn’t overly priced either if I remember correctly. Been many years now since I did the swap.

Trying to get parts from C-T right now is an exercise in futility. Local store's curbside pickup is just a disaster area. Will keep this in mind tho when the world isn't straight fucked.

ZR
04-12-2020, 05:11 PM
CTC can't even keep their web site up.