PDA

View Full Version : Everyone getting by ok through this?

ZR
04-21-2020, 08:13 AM
Plugging along n doing ok here, how about you?

mavrrrick
04-21-2020, 08:16 AM
Doing ok here as well. Hope everyone else is good!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stephen06GT
04-21-2020, 08:38 AM
Still going into the office. Talk of work sharing or layoffs. Feeling tired and stressed.

Foxstang
04-21-2020, 08:39 AM
Can't complain really, still employed, working 100% from home, making my own hours (start at 5am, finish most of my work by 10am and free for most of the day other than video conference).

Working on the 88 notch which I've decided will be for sale because I want to find either a 93 Cobra or stupid clean 82 GT... So putting extra care and attention on the 88 to make sure it's a great turn-key car for someone.

Screw
04-21-2020, 09:07 AM
I continue to follow weather & demands , eating more pizza , gotta up my bbq game . Other than that feeling burnt out & TIRED just from today’s norm & day to day uncertainty. I would not be ready to “flip the switch”, tbh I haven’t really stopped like I thought I would of , different hours , more weekend work .

RedSN
04-21-2020, 09:58 AM
Other than the whole lay-off situation, we’re doing fine here. My wife and I are on the introvert side of the spectrum, so not socializing hasn’t been a major problem. Although I do really miss wing night. More time to work on house and garage projects (and hopefully car projects). Only problem is the budget for said projects is slim, so trying to do them on the cheap with materials parts and components I already have hoarded. My wife has always criticized me for being a hoarder (although she admits I am doing a reasonable job considering the hoarding gene I inherited from my father), but now whose laughing!?

Ponyryd
04-21-2020, 10:12 AM
Doing fine here, unsure of what the future holds with all of this and maybe a bit worried about it tbh.

CON VERT
04-21-2020, 10:12 AM
Hanging in here, Gail's working from home, turned 1 of our guest rooms into an office, cleaned the garage 10 times, etc, etc, LOL, learning how to use all the new toys in the Caddy, still only has less than 100 kms and its been in the driveway for over a month ! & I even got the stereo in MINT2000 to come on ! first time since Ive owned it that I understand how it works somewhat ! LOL , works killer ! & has a CD, dam Caddy has all this fancy shit but u can t play a dam cd in it ! got apple play and android, maybe in a few years I'll figure it out ! getting tired of shopping on Amazon , getting bad when the delivery guy knows u by your first name ~ that is all, hope everyone is well and stay safe, cruising season is coming soon to an open road near u !

CON VERT
04-21-2020, 10:19 AM
I already told u !
https://scontent.fyto1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/92692341_10156906710156746_3734485355341021184_n.j pg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_ohc=3aU_4c6nAeAAX-pq7qA&_nc_ht=scontent.fyto1-2.fna&oh=acb9faa578ee538901afd97a0c03a183&oe=5EB7A956

Minaccia
04-21-2020, 10:25 AM
My wife and I are doing fine, she's been working from home for the last 6 years and she's getting extra hours. My online store has been pretty busy lately and I'm starting to get calls from all over Canada.

Still sucks that we can't get together or that everything is closed including the drag strip but the important thing is everyone here stays as safe as possible because when it's all over we will all rebound quick.

Stay safe TMC, this is serious and so is yours and your families health.

Snaketamer
04-21-2020, 12:00 PM
Wife and I are well. We retired a couple yrs ago so work situation is only a concern with our boys and both of them so far are deemed essential and working.
Been spending time in the garage, prepping a set of aluminum wheels for paint, for my youngest son's civic. He replaced his old accent after a deer wrote it off and the 'new' civic only had steels/winters on it.

Hopefully, this doesn't go on too much longer. I feel for families and businesses that are hurting and hope they can recover from it.

Quicksilver
04-21-2020, 12:14 PM
(Just an afterword of warning: I got carried away writing so this is very long. I'm sorry for that, but I don't know where else to express myself, if you're not in the mood for a long read, then turn away.

)My whole life I've been described as stoic, even tempered(not by my wife!!), and able to not let things get to me. Being in my particular business as a contractor, I have been through so many crises of one sort or another that not a lot bothers me anymore.
I can't really say that now.
I have been more or less semi retired since November(we finished our last deck in December and of course we snow plow all winter, although I personally don't go out plowing anymore). Usually our season starts in March, so we drove to Florida in February for two weeks, coming back just in time to have to self isolate for two weeks.
I am so bored it's ridiculous. I have some work to do(I've been developing a pricing program for decks), and a few people to call, but virtually no leads. There's absolutely no urgency to do anything because I don't know when I'm going to be able to work. My advertisers aren't publishing and because I'm immune compromised I can't even go to see people to give an estimate (Direct talks with the Premier's office and the local police say I shouldn't anyway).
I haven't taken the Jag out of storage. My wife's new Fusion has done all of 600 km since March 12, when we got back from Florida. We don't go for drives, we don't go out for a Timmie's and we don't visit anyone. If we go anywhere we try to do every chore and destination in one trip instead of one place a day.
My mother in law, Sarah is going to be 90 in two weeks. She live alone(my father in law passed at the end of November). She does have a PSW who comes in every day to help her. Unfortunately, the PSW,(who's been there for over a year) can no longer come as of today because she takes Uber to get there, and her family is beginning to worry about her own health, let alone the possibility of infecting Sarah.. We can't allow her to be by herself but We are not allowed to see her. Period.
LAst week we drove to the parking lot at her condo and she came out to her balcony, 8 floors up so that we could wave to her. On Sunday we went to pick up sanitizer and gloves from a a friend of the family who sells medical supplies(at regular prices), so we went to see Sarah again. This time we went to the window of the lobby and Sarah came down and stood inside (a foot way)while we stood outside talking to each other by phone. Rhonda has not been in physical presence of her mom now since before we left for Florida, Feb 28. We simply can't take a chance on her getting infected. Heartbreaking.

Then, We came home. The car actually needs gas, but even I'm worried now. I am afraid( too strong a word: maybe concerned?) to go to a gas station and handle the pumps, or put my card into the reader, or even take the receipt. So right now the car's range reads about 50 km.
We stopped at Wendy's for a rare treat, but We had to handle the bags, and trays, and payment, so we used rubber gloves. When we arrived home we left our shoes outside, immediately washed our hands, and wiped down the containers, throwing the bags and packaging out right away. We are keeping a box of rubber gloves, hand sanitizer and masks(hand sown by Joe Dasliva's mom) in the car.
The worst of all this is how paranoid I feel I'm becoming. I'm afraid(that word, again), to go out, to have contact with anyone, to shake a hand, to not have a normal life.
I'm particularly concerned with what's going to happen in the future. At some point, the government is going to re-open the economy. There are thousands of businesses that won't be able to, or won't have money to carry on. In my case, I have a little bit of work right now, ready for when we re-open, so I'll be able to put my crews right to work, and hope that I can sell enough work to carry me through, but we are so seasonal. My biggest months are always April and May, and it looks like I'll miss them altogether. Historically, I will not be able to make up the lost sales in the latter part of the year (my season only runs to November, after which we do snowplowing). .
I'm 69 and was planning to sell the house and retire at the end of the year. The house has dropped by a third of it's values and I'm rapidly using up my meager savings just to keep afloat. And yet, I have been paying my bills, and have food on the table, and a Jag in the garage. I can hang on a few months, but not indefinitely. No matter what happens, if I do survive I'll have increased my debt load substantially,which of course means another few years working. No retirement for me.
What about all the restaurateurs who are forcibly closed and can't pay their rent; or all the small families who have to choose between rent and food? Or the evil landlords ho refuse to grant any concessions, but somehow have to still pay their own bills. How many commercial properties will go into foreclosure?
I sometimes wonder of the cure(the quarantining) is worse than the disease. The economy will be devastated for years, I think.

So, how am I doing? I'm coping. I'm bored. I'm watching a lot of TV. Sometimes I go for a walk. I'm putting weight on. I'm not sleeping. I'm facing the possible loss of my life's work. I miss driving. I miss ripping to 7500 RPM on Davis Drive and hearing that supercharger whine. I miss my "motorvational therapy" on my favourite on and off ramps. I miss all the spring and summer car events. I miss restaurants, and movies. I don't even get the newspaper delivered because who knows who's handled them. I have yet to go see Glen's new Caddy..

But the one thing you have to hang onto is hope.

Sorry for the rant.

RedSN
04-21-2020, 01:12 PM
The house has dropped by a third [33%] of it's values...
That much? Are you sure? House prices are down, but not that much. They have dropped about 5% over the last couple of months, but still up compared to this time last year.

Foxstang
04-21-2020, 01:26 PM
33% value drop across the board not possible, and even if it did happen, no one would be worried about catching the flu when they're now homeless.

Quicksilver
04-21-2020, 01:33 PM
That much? Are you sure? House prices are down, but not that much. They have dropped about 5% over the last couple of months, but still up compared to this time last year.

That's what my realtor says. Don't forget I'm in a rural area (Newmarket) right now. I actually had the house sold 3 years ago but the deal fell through(long story). He says I would not now get anywhere near what that price was. Because the property would be sold for redevelopment and not necessarily to live in, those people who can afford to do that are looking to scoop up bargains from desperate people. I'm not desperate, so I'll wait a year.

The Newmare
04-21-2020, 01:43 PM
I miss you guys.....well most of you!!!!

Mustang4
04-21-2020, 02:27 PM
Doing okay. Working from home, doing little jobs around the house that have always been out off.
Wife is retired and bored since she doesn't have any hobbies and used to always go out to meet with friends.

Uncle Buck
04-21-2020, 02:43 PM
Other than being a little restless around the house I can't complain. My family is together, healthy and for now, there are no financial pressures.

I feel very fortunate given the tough times being endured by so many.

5.4MarkVIII
04-21-2020, 03:32 PM
Barely hanging on most days.

My mom is the biggest risk. But she has degenerative cardio vascular disease
She is doing well with that but it is a diagnosis that will continue to get worse and eventually will lead to dementia.

She demands to see the kids. Dosnt want us to take her grand baby’s away

“If I get sick and die of corona at least it will be quick, which is better than what’s in store for me now”

But every time she sees the kids. Even if it’s just for them to play on her 3 acres while she sits on the porch my brother looses his shit about the risk we are putting her in

Work is Bailey holding on. We are fortunate but I’m tired. Usually run a crew of 6 and it’s my wife and I doing all solo right now.

I’m tired of being yelled at. People fucking suck.

I’m tired of one person freaking out with disinfectant every time I touch something demanding masks and gloves and the next person not giving a shit enough to stand back or even clean something before I go in.

My wife is trying but it’s a lot for her too. Working out of a tiny room that’s part office part kitchen and part kids playroom/ school room.

I’m tired of rich ass politicians and famous people talking about how we are all in the same boat. While people lose everything.

I’m too angry, and drinking way too much.

Sometimes just leave and go sit in the empty store. In the dark because if the. Lights are on people just walk in. Ignoring all the signs

I’m tired of people buying stuff agreeing to garage delivery and then demanding I put it in the house once I’m there.

People suck

Quicksilver
04-21-2020, 04:29 PM
Barely hanging on most days.

I’m tired of people buying stuff agreeing to garage delivery and then demanding I put it in the house once I’m there.

People suck
I get that all the time. People agree to something, I put it in the contract, they sign, and then halfway through the job they demand it for free. "I didn't realize" they say. Or the absolute worst " You should have known" that I wanted that. What, are you that surprised that I can't read your mind?

Jack Raccoon!
04-21-2020, 05:06 PM
see below...

Jack Raccoon!
04-21-2020, 05:07 PM
(Just an afterword of warning: I got carried away writing so this is very long. I'm sorry for that, but I don't know where else to express myself, if you're not in the mood for a long read, then turn away.

)My whole life I've been described as stoic, even tempered(not by my wife!!), and able to not let things get to me. Being in my particular business as a contractor, I have been through so many crises of one sort or another that not a lot bothers me anymore.
I can't really say that now.
I have been more or less semi retired since November(we finished our last deck in December and of course we snow plow all winter, although I personally don't go out plowing anymore). Usually our season starts in March, so we drove to Florida in February for two weeks, coming back just in time to have to self isolate for two weeks.
I am so bored it's ridiculous. I have some work to do(I've been developing a pricing program for decks), and a few people to call, but virtually no leads. There's absolutely no urgency to do anything because I don't know when I'm going to be able to work. My advertisers aren't publishing and because I'm immune compromised I can't even go to see people to give an estimate (Direct talks with the Premier's office and the local police say I shouldn't anyway).
I haven't taken the Jag out of storage. My wife's new Fusion has done all of 600 km since March 12, when we got back from Florida. We don't go for drives, we don't go out for a Timmie's and we don't visit anyone. If we go anywhere we try to do every chore and destination in one trip instead of one place a day.
My mother in law, Sarah is going to be 90 in two weeks. She live alone(my father in law passed at the end of November). She does have a PSW who comes in every day to help her. Unfortunately, the PSW,(who's been there for over a year) can no longer come as of today because she takes Uber to get there, and her family is beginning to worry about her own health, let alone the possibility of infecting Sarah.. We can't allow her to be by herself but We are not allowed to see her. Period.
LAst week we drove to the parking lot at her condo and she came out to her balcony, 8 floors up so that we could wave to her. On Sunday we went to pick up sanitizer and gloves from a a friend of the family who sells medical supplies(at regular prices), so we went to see Sarah again. This time we went to the window of the lobby and Sarah came down and stood inside (a foot way)while we stood outside talking to each other by phone. Rhonda has not been in physical presence of her mom now since before we left for Florida, Feb 28. We simply can't take a chance on her getting infected. Heartbreaking.

Then, We came home. The car actually needs gas, but even I'm worried now. I am afraid( too strong a word: maybe concerned?) to go to a gas station and handle the pumps, or put my card into the reader, or even take the receipt. So right now the car's range reads about 50 km.
We stopped at Wendy's for a rare treat, but We had to handle the bags, and trays, and payment, so we used rubber gloves. When we arrived home we left our shoes outside, immediately washed our hands, and wiped down the containers, throwing the bags and packaging out right away. We are keeping a box of rubber gloves, hand sanitizer and masks(hand sown by Joe Dasliva's mom) in the car.
The worst of all this is how paranoid I feel I'm becoming. I'm afraid(that word, again), to go out, to have contact with anyone, to shake a hand, to not have a normal life.
I'm particularly concerned with what's going to happen in the future. At some point, the government is going to re-open the economy. There are thousands of businesses that won't be able to, or won't have money to carry on. In my case, I have a little bit of work right now, ready for when we re-open, so I'll be able to put my crews right to work, and hope that I can sell enough work to carry me through, but we are so seasonal. My biggest months are always April and May, and it looks like I'll miss them altogether. Historically, I will not be able to make up the lost sales in the latter part of the year (my season only runs to November, after which we do snowplowing). .
I'm 69 and was planning to sell the house and retire at the end of the year. The house has dropped by a third of it's values and I'm rapidly using up my meager savings just to keep afloat. And yet, I have been paying my bills, and have food on the table, and a Jag in the garage. I can hang on a few months, but not indefinitely. No matter what happens, if I do survive I'll have increased my debt load substantially,which of course means another few years working. No retirement for me.
What about all the restaurateurs who are forcibly closed and can't pay their rent; or all the small families who have to choose between rent and food? Or the evil landlords ho refuse to grant any concessions, but somehow have to still pay their own bills. How many commercial properties will go into foreclosure?
I sometimes wonder of the cure(the quarantining) is worse than the disease. The economy will be devastated for years, I think.

So, how am I doing? I'm coping. I'm bored. I'm watching a lot of TV. Sometimes I go for a walk. I'm putting weight on. I'm not sleeping. I'm facing the possible loss of my life's work. I miss driving. I miss ripping to 7500 RPM on Davis Drive and hearing that supercharger whine. I miss my "motorvational therapy" on my favourite on and off ramps. I miss all the spring and summer car events. I miss restaurants, and movies. I don't even get the newspaper delivered because who knows who's handled them. I have yet to go see Glen's new Caddy..

But the one thing you have to hang onto is hope.

Sorry for the rant.If there is any good coming out of this situation, it's that I can't rip into you. Stay safe, stay healthy...

CON VERT
04-21-2020, 05:17 PM
J/R going soft on us ! guess that's what a VETTE does to you ! J/K

Jack Raccoon!
04-21-2020, 05:20 PM
J/R going soft on us ! guess that's what a VETTE does to you ! J/KOh, I want to go in on him lol...

RedSN
04-21-2020, 05:59 PM
I’m tired of rich ass politicians and famous people talking about how we are all in the same boat. While people lose everything.
On the same boat. Like David Geffen, who is literally on a boat.

https://www.esquireme.com/public/images/2020/04/02/david-geffen-instagram-post_0.jpeg

...and drinking way too much.
Being laid-off helps. Trying to trim my budget now that I’m on EI. Treat myself to a single beer a day now.

People suck
Yes, a lot of them certainly do. For the most part I have found most people very considerate, courteous, and aware. It just makes the idiots stand out even more now.
Crisis always shows one’s true colours.

ZR
04-21-2020, 06:07 PM
Level of traffic this week suggests less and less have their butts parked.

Harbinger
04-21-2020, 07:24 PM
Social :It's taken this long but it finally is starting stress me out.
Routine as follows -> Come home, strip completely bare, throw clothes in washing machine (conveniently right smack to the right of the front door indoor),
wash hands, take a shower, wipe door handles or handles around the house.
Every fucking day! Scared of seeing my parents and infecting them so I basically just visit from time to time from a distance.
Love my gf but staying cooped up with nothing but each other is driving me a bit crazy because
we can't see any friends and I need time to myself because I can be extremely introverted at times.
I played Doom Eternal to death and I am actually tired of gaming.
Have not hung out with friends for a while with occasional visits of old work buddies but through a safe distance.
Covid is one thing but this weather is making it worse! I mean some warmth and sunshine can at least brighten the mood while cruising to work in the Mustang.

Work Side: My jobs are essential but
I'm putting myself and gf at risk and vice versa (she has an essential job with elderly).
Sick of people literally coming up to me when I deliver.
Stay back for fuck's sake and let me drop it 2 meters from you. Sick of people bunching up in the store I work at. They are either stupid as fuck or they don't care. I might lose my shit soon ! I keep on telling people to maintain a safe distance.

Car Crap: I work 6 days a week and have bills to pay.
Sad to say I should have waited another 2 years before dropping some cash on a new mustang,
but it's said and done and the market is shit now and I love the car lol.
The red gives me compliments all the time. Never thought I'd be in a red car.
Worried about looming necessary repairs for the Camry since it's now 23 years old and I know for a fact:
Timing belt, suspension, valve covers, steering pump and other things will have to be done soon for my beater.

In conclusion : I'm stressed out....
But it could be worse! Still thankful I have work.
Still thankful I'm not sick (yet) and that I have a very loving GF and family and a good group of friends.

Laffs
04-21-2020, 07:39 PM
Never thought I'd overshare on a mustang site but fuck it pandemic. If I wasn't still working odds are I might have just gone and off'ed myself already. Going to work is literally what allows me to find some energy to get up in the morning because I know I can get out for a while. 2019 was to date the worst fucking year of my entire life which is saying something with my track record and this is the follow up album from hell. I want zero fucking people to worry or feel bad for me because it makes me feel guilty as fuck, but I am thankful I have loving parents and great group of friends to help and lean on regardless. This is fucking awful for so many people and fairly certain I am a POS for bitching about my problems when I am not hurting financially nor sick, but hey all in this together right? Sorry for everyone who is suffering, I truly do hope favour finds you.

RedSN
04-21-2020, 11:37 PM
I will 100% agree 2019 was a shit ass year.
2020 ....fuck you too.

edit: ran out of rye and coke. Discovered rum and root beer ain’t bad.

ZR
04-22-2020, 04:10 AM
Hopefully we all come out the other side with a better appreciation of how good our former normal lives really are and we get back to it sooner vs later.
Better days are coming, lil more sunshine n warm temps would be terrific therapy for all of us.

bbriann
04-22-2020, 06:06 AM
Yes didn't appreciate all the things back when things were "Normal"...
My greatest excitement each day now is taking dogs for a walk...

Zutz2v
04-22-2020, 08:44 AM
I’m still working which is nice. My crew dissolved so I’m the only one left. The money is nice but the work load is killer. Both my arms are numb.... literally.

Had to postpone my wedding a year. Now I have to call all my vendors and hope they don’t try to steal my money.

Laffs
04-22-2020, 08:48 AM
I’m still working which is nice. My crew dissolved so I’m the only one left. The money is nice but the work load is killer. Both my arms are numb.... literally.

Had to postpone my wedding a year. Now I have to call all my vendors and hope they don’t try to steal my money.

My little brother was supposed to be getting married in a couple weeks, just pulled the trigger on delaying it. Luckily he's having it at my dad's Casino so most of the ancillaries are NBD to push, but he is getting some pushback from the videographer. My biggest advice would be call everyone with a date range of when you want to reset the date and see what the most overlap you can find between all the vendors is. That may mean you only need to try to cancel a handful if the rest are a push.

Good luck, my heart goes out to everyone who had plans for events like that.

Zutz2v
04-22-2020, 08:50 AM
My little brother was supposed to be getting married in a couple weeks, just pulled the trigger on delaying it. Luckily he's having it at my dad's Casino so most of the ancillaries are NBD to push, but he is getting some pushback from the videographer. My biggest advice would be call everyone with a date range of when you want to reset the date and see what the most overlap you can find between all the vendors is. That may mean you only need to try to cancel a handful if the rest are a push.

Good luck, my heart goes out to everyone who had plans for events like that.

Sorry to hear about your brother. It’s really a huge pain ontop of the wedding plans already bring a huge pain. My mom runs the hall I’m getting married at so I have no issues there. But the vendors are a different story

Laffs
04-22-2020, 09:00 AM
I think most people are cognizant of the fact these are unprecedented times and be willing to work with you.

ZR
04-22-2020, 09:31 AM
My niece is in the same boat, wedding was for early July.

ttpinto
04-22-2020, 10:31 AM
I've been off since Mar 20. I'm glad I had all the parts for my car and am able to work on it or I would be insane by now. Yesterday I finally got to hold my 8 week old grand daughter, that really helped. We have seen her just sitting in the car a couple times but its not the same. Haven't seen her since Mar 15. That has picked me right back up.

I'm off work until May 4 as far as I know. There is a chance I will go back April 27 but its not likely. I work in a factory and I hear we will have to wear masks and log our temperature every day. Any sign of sickness we are off. Honestly I can't wait to go back just to get out of the house. Never thought I'd say I'm excited for work lol.

This situation really makes you think of all the little things you miss. My job is a pretty social one so I talk to many people every day. I miss that, the gym, going to restaurants and catching a movie. The drag strips better be open some time this year or it will kill me lol.

Hopefully everyone is hanging in there.

Quicksilver
04-22-2020, 10:34 AM
If there is any good coming out of this situation, it's that I can't rip into you. Stay safe, stay healthy...

Thanks JR. Never thought I'd say that!

CON VERT
04-22-2020, 11:52 AM
Thanks JR. Never thought I'd say that!

Holy Smokes , what's next you guys gettin' a ROOM ? LOL, OH I can feel the LOVE ! LMBAO

ZR
04-22-2020, 12:20 PM
You rock JR.

Frankie
04-22-2020, 12:49 PM
Doing well here. Trying to stay positive.

My wife and i are still working, modified hours to limit exposure and take care of the kids.
My poor kids are going stir crazy sitting in the house and not seeing their friends or grandparents but could be worse.
Haven't seen my folks for more than 5 minutes at a 6ft distance in the last month.

On the Mustang side, sold my fox and made a deal to buy another.
The timing has worked out that I'm now Stangless and really missing my stress relief. Hopefully another month and I can remedy that situation.

But again, could be worse. I feel for everyone suffering out there.
Stay safe all.

ZR
04-22-2020, 01:29 PM
Hi Frankie.

Frankie
04-22-2020, 02:32 PM
I'm like a Seagull around here....i know it

Hope all is well Rick.

Hey, track day still going ahead for June 11?

ZR
04-22-2020, 05:43 PM
No idea as of yet but post soon as I know either way.