PDA

View Full Version : Kijiji experts...

Ponyryd
04-28-2020, 09:34 PM
Please help if you can. When I go in to my region, and say I’m looking for a trailer hitch for my CRV, so I type CRV in the search bar, and “cars and vehicles” comes up, I then see in the dropdown menu “vehicle parts, acc, tires”, which says 4 in my region, then I click the “vehicle parts, acc, tires” and it suddenly shows 600! Am I doing something wrong, or am I just stuck seeing all the ads for new parts? I spend so much time shifting through the same paid ads it drives me nuts.

Zippy
04-28-2020, 09:40 PM
Kijiji's search engine is pretty bad. You can find lost ads that no one else can see if you mess around with it.
Example, when I was looking for a camaro 94-02... I would search for Camaro ss, then in the other section would be 'classic cars' a whole bunch of new ads would come up.
I think you just gotta spend the time and look daily. /shrug

bbriann
04-29-2020, 06:40 AM
Problem with kijiji now a days is it originally was for private sellers with used stuff to sell...now its is overwhelming used by sellers stores selling new stuff to advertise more less by stores....

ZR
04-29-2020, 06:58 AM
Combine that with peeps that insist on cancelling / posting a new ad daily (even multiple times a day) and it's turning into a shiat show.

fast Ed
04-29-2020, 08:34 AM
Or the twits who take the time to edit their ad and mark it "SOLD" rather than just clicking on delete.

onDjuice
04-29-2020, 08:43 AM
Even better people contact you. And tell you what you should sell your stuff for. Crazy!!

CDNfyrfytr
04-29-2020, 09:07 AM
Currently trying to find wheels for my aunts truck....so frustrating getting one relevant ad at the top and then a bunch of new stuff from Alberta ffs! Pages of it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZR
04-29-2020, 09:08 AM
Or the twits who take the time to edit their ad and mark it "SOLD" rather than just clicking on delete.

Normally I delete once sold but on one occasion glitch on their site would not bring up option to do so, had to edit n mark sold.

ZR
04-29-2020, 09:08 AM
Facebook Market place is a good source as well.

Ponyryd
04-29-2020, 09:18 PM
Ok, so it’s not just me, lol.

IanGTCS
04-29-2020, 10:03 PM
Nope, not just you. It seems to have gotten way worse for far out of area ads in the past month or so.

IanGTCS
04-29-2020, 10:23 PM
Nope, not just you. It seems to have gotten way worse for far out of area ads in the past month or so.

Harbinger
04-29-2020, 11:02 PM

They do this in the hope of you being so desperate that you msg them offering a higher price than the supposed "buyer offered". Impulse buy tactic. Fuck them.

Ponyryd
04-29-2020, 11:32 PM
They do this in the hope of you being so desperate that you msg them offering a higher price than the supposed "buyer offered". Impulse buy tactic. Fuck them.

I always thought they did it to “show everyone” that they missed out on buying it.

Gerbie28
04-30-2020, 05:15 PM
I had a ad to sell my Yamaha Waverunner and it expired, I went to repost the ad and now they wanted $19 ??? I did the same thing prior and it didn’t ask for money but this time it did?? I didn’t post the ad as a Dealer, I don’t get it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1quikgt
05-04-2020, 08:09 AM
I just joined Facebook a couple months ago for the sole purpose of using marketplace. Said I would never join but the people of Kijiji forced me to with their stupidity. They need to charge people a small fee to send a message to someone on Kijiji. Maybe it will cut down on time wasters.

SlipperyVic
05-04-2020, 12:41 PM
I just joined Facebook a couple months ago for the sole purpose of using marketplace. Said I would never join but the people of Kijiji forced me to with their stupidity. They need to charge people a small fee to send a message to someone on Kijiji. Maybe it will cut down on time wasters.

I find facebook marketplace to be almost totally void of anything interesting. I use the same search terms and locations as I do when using Kijiji and get almost no results, and the results I do get never seem to change.

Zippy
05-04-2020, 01:07 PM
I've had great success using FB marketplace. I've sold majority of my stuff through it.

1quikgt
05-04-2020, 08:34 PM
I find facebook marketplace to be almost totally void of anything interesting. I use the same search terms and locations as I do when using Kijiji and get almost no results, and the results I do get never seem to change.

I agree that the search function needs to be worked on. Haven’t used it much yet. I do enjoy getting constant emails and texts asking what my absolute lowest price is or getting 2K offers for something listed at 8K.

ZR
05-06-2020, 06:35 AM
Watch for this new line of BS, seeing more posting in US dollars, mainly vehicles but odd time parts.
Another one becoming super common, dealers "accidentally" posting incorrect price, of course it's always lower. If you find one, search for other ads they have going, you'll see it's anything but an accident.