PDA

View Full Version : Thank you for not knowing how to park.

Harbinger
04-29-2020, 10:03 AM
Front bumper was scratched at work yestersay. A big fuck you to the asshole who managed to do it despite my car parked in such a way that it is nearly impossible to hit the front... unless you are actually a fucking twat. In which case you are.

Am I not allowed to enjoy my car without fear of it being mangled? I go out of my way to make sure I am safely navigating a parking lot as to avoid denting or scratching other cars. Again, Fuck you. Inconsiderate piece of shit.

Apologies for the excessive swearing.

End of rant.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

Blackmare
04-29-2020, 10:19 AM
Sorry to hear man. That sucks.

JZ67
04-29-2020, 11:41 AM
That sucks and I feel your pain. I hope it is just clear coat and some buffing will cut the scratch out.

I've been parking clear away from everyone from pretty well day one. Even when all I could afford was a heap of shit to drive. Not only to protect my vehicle but to protect others - it doesn't take much for the door to get away from you and ding the neighbouring car. I don't mind walking a bit to try to ensure this sort of bullshit doesn't happen.

At work, we had designated parking but the spot next to me was usually vacant and randoms would park there. I had a vendor, great guy but unfortunately and extremely large man, that needed a shit ton of space to open his door to get out. Twice he parked beside me and twice he dinged my door. He's such a genuinely good guy that I couldn't bring myself to confront him. Fortunately, I control the designated spots...now visitors have plenty of space and this doesn't happen anymore.

92redragtop
04-29-2020, 02:35 PM
That sucks - co-worker?

Harbinger
04-29-2020, 02:44 PM
That sucks and I feel your pain. I hope it is just clear coat and some buffing will cut the scratch out.

I've been parking clear away from everyone from pretty well day one. Even when all I could afford was a heap of shit to drive. Not only to protect my vehicle but to protect others - it doesn't take much for the door to get away from you and ding the neighbouring car. I don't mind walking a bit to try to ensure this sort of bullshit doesn't happen.

At work, we had designated parking but the spot next to me was usually vacant and randoms would park there. I had a vendor, great guy but unfortunately and extremely large man, that needed a shit ton of space to open his door to get out. Twice he parked beside me and twice he dinged my door. He's such a genuinely good guy that I couldn't bring myself to confront him. Fortunately, I control the designated spots...now visitors have plenty of space and this doesn't happen anymore.

Unfortunately its deep so after buffing itll likely still be scratched...could be worse though! Ill be driving my beater from now on until the dash cam is installed. I refuse to let myself be intimidated into not enjoying my car. I will rearrange my parking to further limit if not eliminate such occurances in the future.

Honestly if that vendor did it twice it warrants some attention. Maybe hes a nice guy but he should still be careful regardless.

Harbinger
04-29-2020, 02:45 PM
That sucks - co-worker?Nope. It was a customer. I might be able to figure out which car it is next time. They would likely have red on their white paint.

I think it was a poorly painted white sedan.

92redragtop
04-29-2020, 04:26 PM
That sucks.

mavrrrick
04-29-2020, 06:11 PM
That totally blows!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSN
04-29-2020, 06:36 PM
I don’t mind the scratches and dings on the daily, but the a-holes that don’t stick around or claim responsibility.

My truck got ‘scratched’ by a snow plow last fall. Fortunately the driver knocked on my door, otherwise I would of lost my shit.

Harbinger
04-29-2020, 10:57 PM
I don’t mind the scratches and dings on the daily, but the a-holes that don’t stick around or claim responsibility.

My truck got ‘scratched’ by a snow plow last fall. Fortunately the driver knocked on my door, otherwise I would of lost my shit.

Ain't cool at all...at least he made himself accountable. If it was my daily I would have just shrugged it off. But its my summer joy so, different story. Would have been less mad if the one who caused it would have come out. My daily has several dents from assholes already so I'm unfazed. Part of me still cares. My daily is clean for it's age and I like to take care of my cars whether it's me doing it personally or paying someone to do it for me.

RedSN
04-29-2020, 11:56 PM
Sorry, thought it was your daily driver since it happened at work.
I stopped taking my Mustang to work ages ago. Besides, with ‘classic’ insurance on my car, not allowed to.

JZ67
04-30-2020, 09:25 AM
Unfortunately its deep so after buffing itll likely still be scratched...could be worse though! Ill be driving my beater from now on until the dash cam is installed. I refuse to let myself be intimidated into not enjoying my car. I will rearrange my parking to further limit if not eliminate such occurances in the future.

Honestly if that vendor did it twice it warrants some attention. Maybe hes a nice guy but he should still be careful regardless.

That's shitty. It's going to probably be one of those stings that doesn't lessen with time too.

With respect to my situation with the vendor, I must add that I was speculating. No one saw him do it and I was putting two and two together. Like you, I notice this shit right away and thought about who parked beside me during the day. Both times he was there. Not really fair of me to have a word based on that. Our lot is small and we very rarely have visitors so there is a good likelihood but not any certainty.

Harbinger
04-30-2020, 09:26 AM
Fair enough. Always good to give the benefit of a doubt.

Harbinger
05-01-2020, 07:52 PM
He knows he contacted your car. He chose to do nothing about it.

Nothing stopping you from suggesting it was caught on camera, even if it wasn't. I'd open with "I don't care if you ding my beater but a scrape to my pride and joy needs to be repaired". This alludes to your knowing about and forgiving previous and suggests compensation without overt aggression.

Maybe his employer will cover the cost, which you could suggest if he pushes back. If he's such a nice guy it shouldn't be a problem.Was not caught on camera, unfortunately.