PDA

View Full Version : Pan Hard done

Whitehot
05-03-2020, 08:03 AM
I got the Mustang back the other day, Pan Hard and Torque bar is done. I m noticing some more road noise?? Or vibration? Different feeling with the car? Theres also a kinda clunk occasionally I gotta sort out with mechanic sorta comming from passenger rear area? Like metal against metal? Under small different road bump sorta? We ll see what he thinks, just wondering about any ideas in here bout what could be?? Cheers !! :)

gsoukaris
05-03-2020, 08:05 AM
Following.

Planning this upgrade soon.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

ZR
05-03-2020, 08:18 AM
Different feel, absolutely, you just did a black n white change to how your rear suspension works.
Increased noise / vibration, no that is not normal.
Following installation instructions to the letter will not make for a totally successful installation. In the same breath, some of the measurements must be absolutely perfect or brackets have come back off n redone. Rear support arm must be welded n not left bolted only or it will move.
Especially when street driven, front pivot must be greased on a very regular basis.

RedSN
05-03-2020, 08:46 AM
My bet is the exhaust is hitting something.

Modifying and providing adequate clearance for the exhaust over the axle is by far the most difficult part of the install. (especially the passenger side)

Whitehot
05-03-2020, 08:55 AM
I m running side exhaust so I think the exhaust is ok.... Really hard to see underneath for me, we ll sort it out, just hoping for little direction. Need to feel n drive it ... figure it out...

RedSN
05-03-2020, 09:02 AM
I m running side exhaust so I think the exhaust is ok....
Oh right, :facepalm:

Then what ZR suggested, and maybe the panhard bar support is wiggling around a bit. Could use some weld.
That being said, mine is only bolted in, and has not moved, despite many track days.

Zippy
05-03-2020, 09:08 AM
What subframe connectors are you using that you are able to run a torque arm??? You exhaust must be very low.

Minaccia
05-03-2020, 09:29 AM
How old are the rear control arms, maybe the bushings are shot.

Whitehot
05-03-2020, 12:09 PM
Thats what I m hoping, when she goes bk in, might see a mark or something? Running side pipes and round sub frame connectors , he said he had a tough time because of that, not sure how was remedied ?? It did add low stuff, so ground clearance is poor :(

RedSN
05-03-2020, 05:50 PM
^^^i’ve always wanted to do this just to see the torque arm in action.

Stephen06GT
05-03-2020, 07:44 PM
^^^i’ve always wanted to do this just to see the torque arm in action.

There is a guy in the club, I think his board name is Go Strider, I hear he is pretty good with a camera and has lots of equipment. You should send him a pm.

Whitehot
05-05-2020, 06:35 AM
I was running UPR Upper n Lower control arms in the back. We left the UPR s in there, I was wondering if that d make a difference? Are the Max Motorsports control arms different enough to make any difference?? I would think they d be the same length?

Whitehot
05-05-2020, 07:37 AM
not fast, in town, weird bumps in the road, not nit bumps, maybe little turn or swerve?? Normally inconsistent, which makes it really hard to pin point :(

RedSN
05-05-2020, 08:38 AM
I was running UPR Upper n Lower control arms in the back. We left the UPR s in there,
Just to clarify this statement: you left the lower control arms in there. The uppers have been removed.

Any pics of the install?

Whitehot
05-05-2020, 05:21 PM
My mechanic did the job, yes the short ones, I believe the upper ones have been removed, I gotta get pics when shes off the ground, its really hard to see , low car ;) lol

maxwell6
05-12-2020, 08:46 AM
Do you have any spherical bushings on your control arms. It so that will explain your low speed clunk. I noticed the same clunk when I installed upper adjustable control arms and then got some road noise when I installed the MM height adjustable lowers with poly bushings.

bbriann
05-12-2020, 02:58 PM
^^^^I had spherical bushings on my rear end where the upper control arms connected. The clunky sound drove me nuts. Swapped back out for new oem rubber one. All other connections are poly.

Whitehot
05-13-2020, 04:46 PM
Cool, thx, when it gets back to see him, I ll let him know what direction we re thinkin bout...