PDA

View Full Version : Another Rant !

CON VERT
05-04-2020, 08:06 PM
This time it's Home Depot, or the HD, so they are pushing the on line sales etc, my front door lock is done , lock is in the locked position and staying that way till I take out the rear screws etc , order new lock from HD , in stock at the Ajax store, 1st it would be next day and then it was in 3 days now it 9-12 days W T F , I can understand they have piles of orders , but how can it take 9-12 days to put a lock in a cart that is in stock and send an e mail saying it ready ?? Again WTF , not like I'm going to get a discount , almost feels like their doing me a favour ?? not sure I'm liking this NEW WORLD out there ! scary $hit to us ole folks, LOL , Rant off !
:oldman:

5.4MarkVIII
05-04-2020, 08:12 PM
my brother works for home dept

all he has said is when you call you don't get a store. you get the regular customer service people who then have to forward your order to the store.

based on my experience I would guess the issues they are running into is, prior to this pandemic there online store never used to be lists of stuff currently in your local store. yes you could check stock but a lot of things were online order only. and on line orders were always shipped direct. not picked from local store stock.

I think they are struggling with this because its putting orders in via online then trying to have curbside pickup and its leading to them ordering things they may already have because no one is actually checking stock. my guess is their inventory is all kinds of fucked up right now.

RedSN
05-04-2020, 08:13 PM
Placed another order last night, picked it up this morning. Another seamless transaction. Could not of been easier.

Sorry your experience is different G.

Only thing I found frustrating: I needed 4 - 3/8” bolts. Normally I would of just gone up to the ‘wall of bolts’, put a few in a baggie, mark down the code and quantity, and be done. But online was quite a different experience. I was getting very frustrated until I figured out that HD calls lag-bolts “bolts”. They call actual bolts “screws”. :facepalm:

CON VERT
05-05-2020, 05:51 AM
I tried calling the store, after playing on telephone tag for 10 minutes ect, a recordeded messeage says that your call is being held in sequence , next available operator is 81 minutes ! Again WTF , I'm not waiting 81 minutes for no one !

ZR
05-05-2020, 06:30 AM
First curbside order at local to me HD did not go smoothly nor was the curbside pickup well organized or in the spirit of correct social distancing. Last two times in, order ready for pickup either same day or early next plus curbside aspect has been ironed out and went smoothly as well.
Good on them for working to improve things.
Sorry to hear where your at GL, I'm going through round two of hell ordering from Princess Auto.

CON VERT
05-05-2020, 07:26 AM
For us its not that big an issue, we have access to our house thru the garage, (back door is patio glass door no key) otherwise we would be having to leave the front door unlocked all the time until the lock arrives !

Armen
05-05-2020, 08:18 AM
I ordered a bathroom exhaust fan on April 13th. I got email notification that it was ready to pick up April 29th.

83 5.0
05-05-2020, 09:03 AM
Rona here in Oakville Seem to have it working, usually next day I get an email and pick it up.

Laffs
05-05-2020, 09:07 AM
Try local smaller mom and pop hardware stores if you have one. Or even a Home Hardware. Having infinitely better luck with them during all of this, will definitely continue my patronage after this shit is over as a result.

CDNfyrfytr
05-05-2020, 03:01 PM
Try local smaller mom and pop hardware stores if you have one. Or even a Home Hardware. Having infinitely better luck with them during all of this, will definitely continue my patronage after this shit is over as a result.

This! I have ordered 4 or 5 times already from my local Home Hardware. Zero issues. Order, they call back to confirm payment, pick up on usually less than an hour. I usually don’t shop there because it is the most expensive, but I may start going more often because of their good service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hsousa88
05-05-2020, 04:07 PM
I love Home Depot.. but I knew it would be a headache trying to order stuff. I just redid a fence and built a deck. Called the local lumber yard, placed the order and it was delivered the next day. Smooth sailing. I bet it would be a shit show if I had gone with Home Depot.

On a another note.. Canadian tire has their shit together. Call/pay and pickup in 15 mins.

Quicksilver
05-06-2020, 04:29 PM
Last week I needed keys cut. Went to the local Home Hardware. Called the phone # listed on the door, they came out in about 30 seconds, took my keys to be copied, and even took my impulse order for a hedge trimmer. They came out 15 minutes later with everything, and all the keys worked.
Today we called the Newmarket Lowes around 12:30. to order 15 sheets of plywood(redoing the roof on my office building/shed. By 1:30 they were on my truck. Talk about easy.
I guess they are learning

Quicksilver
05-06-2020, 05:00 PM
This just in . All hardware and lumber stores are allowed to be open for in-store customers as of Saturday May 9. No word yet on any safety/health precautions.
All retail stores are allowed to be open for curbside delivery as of this coming Monday.

Minaccia
05-06-2020, 05:03 PM
It isn't only HD having issues CT isn't doing to good either, ordered motor oil online (at 3am) and they said 2 weeks till it's at my local store for pick up. But if you call the store and order it's ready for pick up in 1 hour or less.

Lot's of businesses out there big or small can't figure out this virus and how to deal with it where others are doing fine. All my suppliers are are running a little slower because of the huge volume of sales but parts are still getting to my customers no problem.

Screw
05-06-2020, 05:46 PM
It isn't only HD having issues CT isn't doing to good either, ordered motor oil online (at 3am) and they said 2 weeks till it's at my local store for pick up. But if you call the store and order it's ready for pick up in 1 hour or less.

Lot's of businesses out there big or small can't figure out this virus and how to deal with it where others are doing fine. All my suppliers are are running a little slower because of the huge volume of sales but parts are still getting to my customers no problem.

I don’t get it , I can go to Walmart, No frills , but my HVAC suppliers are curb side , supplying essential sector so wtf it’s not a hardware store . Some of them so spooked hard to imagine how they will be if we are allowed in .

Minaccia
05-06-2020, 05:50 PM
Needed a part at the Newmarket Ford dealer, I had to pick it up out of a garage door they open when you knock. They won't let you in the store but I believe they are just following the law at the present time.

I don’t get it , I can go to Walmart, No frills , but my HVAC suppliers are curb side , supplying essential sector so wtf it’s not a hardware store . Some of them so spooked hard to imagine how they will be if we are allowed in .

Quicksilver
05-06-2020, 06:24 PM
Needed a part at the Newmarket Ford dealer, I had to pick it up out of a garage door they open when you knock. They won't let you in the store but I believe they are just following the law at the present time.

We just picked up an order of railing for a deck. Same thing. They bring it out and put it on the trcuk while my driver sits in the cab

Screw
05-06-2020, 06:29 PM
A fk it I’m antisocial so this works lol

5.4MarkVIII
05-06-2020, 07:27 PM
This just in . All hardware and lumber stores are allowed to be open for in-store customers as of Saturday May 9. No word yet on any safety/health precautions.
All retail stores are allowed to be open for curbside delivery as of this coming Monday.

they must follow the same safety guidelines as pharmacies and supermarkets have had to add hear to

limited people in the store. plexyglass at the tills and contactless payments. as well as more sanitizing.

CON VERT
05-09-2020, 11:30 AM
Well they Fucked me again, got an e mail this morning , your order has been cancelled. 9 days after being confirmed and paid for by CC, no reason, no nothing and no credit card refund as of yet, so let me get this straight , u fuck up my order , u use my money for 9 days , u have not one reason to cancel my order except your so f'ing inept at even having the faintest idea of how to run an on line sales dept. what a bunch of ya hoo's , going to cancel my account once my rebate appears, ASSHOLES with a cap A .
Maybe have better luck at Lowes ???

True Blue
05-09-2020, 12:00 PM
Placed an online order last Sunday with Home Depot. 3 out of the 6 items were delivered on Tuesday, still waiting on the other 3 items which haven't been shipped out yet.

Jack Raccoon!
05-09-2020, 12:01 PM
Why sweat it. Who is going to break into your house when they know they have to listen to you bitch at them? And when they finally escape, they have to put up with your "STAY OFF OF MY LAWN!' tirade. Settle down, Pops...

CON VERT
05-13-2020, 05:13 PM
^^^ Sorry DAD, it got out of HAND ! & where are my F'ing signs ??? LOL. ~ best part to continue the saga, finally got the lock only to find out it doesn't fit , their measurements did not include the trim piece ? go figure ! back to the return desk of the store I hate ! rant off ! u got the vette yet ?