PDA

View Full Version : Angry Neighbor Re: Mustang Exhaust

Gr8Stang
05-25-2020, 07:51 PM
This could get interesting...…

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/autos/news/ford-mustang-owner-says-angry-neighbour-filled-his-exhaust-with-foam/ar-BB14zL2k?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

Zippy
05-25-2020, 08:37 PM
And that's why loud exhaust belongs on racecars, not street cars.

Screw
05-25-2020, 08:42 PM

Said the pot to the kettle

Zippy
05-25-2020, 08:48 PM
Said the pot to the kettle

:highfive:

Laffs
05-25-2020, 08:56 PM

While I agree with you that unconscionably loud exhausts and their owners can be overbearing and to an extent bad for the hobby, I do not think any such exhaust warrants vandalism and property damage. Furthermore "too loud" is subjective person to person and this guy may have been the victim of an axle back that's to 99% A-OK with most except this outlier lunatic.

I hope police find the asshole (being tame with that label who did this) and charge them not just with property damage but uttering threats. The daring them to call the police and install security cameras is beyond reproach I don't give flying fuck how loud someones exhaust is you can't make someone feel unsafe as a result.

Normally against the "lets go get more more cars and really pee off the neighbor" tactics but in this scenario I hope they lure the asshole out/they become so irate they decide to move.

Zippy
05-25-2020, 09:00 PM
While I agree with you that unconscionably loud exhausts and their owners can be overbearing and to an extent bad for the hobby, I do not think any such exhaust warrants vandalism and property damage. Furthermore "too loud" is subjective person to person and this guy may have been the victim of an axle back that's to 99% A-OK with most except this outlier lunatic.

I hope police find the asshole (being tame with that label who did this) and charge them not just with property damage but uttering threats. The daring them to call the police and install security cameras is beyond reproach I don't give flying fuck how loud someones exhaust is you can't make someone feel unsafe as a result.

Normally against the "lets go get more more cars and really pee off the neighbor" tactics but in this scenario I hope they lure the asshole out/they become so irate they decide to move.

Oh yeah I agree with you. Just because you disagree with someone's car, doesn't mean you can damage it.

5.4MarkVIII
05-25-2020, 10:19 PM
This guys neighbour should have a listen to some of these clapped out diesels with 5 inch exhaust and no mufflers the farm kids are running.

He better but the big gap foam.

bbriann
05-26-2020, 03:32 AM
Really good chance the exhaust was left switch to loud mode instead of switched to "good neighbor " mode. It's a flip of the switch now adays....

ZR
05-26-2020, 06:52 AM
Woke up early today, just like every day, well every day neighbor down the road with a red necked out Diesel Ram goes to work. Yes it's got a sewer pipe out the back and what seems like little to nothing in the way of a muffler. It's a later model dually, custom rear wheel n tire combo he runs puts them at least 6" beyond each fender, same offset on the front. Going down the road the truck n tire combo see's in just a hair wider than a lane itself.
At the other end of the day (between midnight and 1), seven days a week Ricer boy X in a 350Z with straight pipes fires his ride to head home (works for one of the many roofers in the neighborhood). It's such a well built POS it requires at least 5 minutes of him holding it in the 2k range before he can even attempt to drive away, but seldom does it make it the three houses to the stop sign before it coughs n quits which requires refire n repeating the warm up ritual. Of course once it's actually warm enough to move under it's owner power, it requires a full pull to the next stop sign.
Little wonder so many non car people having nothing but contempt for us and our hobby.

Scrape
05-26-2020, 07:17 AM
A condo construction project is happening behind me and every morning at 6 am like clockwork a guy in a wrapped green Dodge Challenger comes right up to the bend and rev's the snot out his motor to tell his buddies that he is here. WTF!

Hotford
05-27-2020, 01:19 AM
there's nothing more louder than a Harley Davidson with straight pipes roaring by at wot...even light throttle is way louder than any car I own......

Foxstang
05-27-2020, 06:59 AM
They're both wrong, one is more wrong than the other...

My 17 was loud (Borla S (or attack?) front to back) and at some point it made it hard to daily drive and I felt shame driving it around my block so I kept the RPMs near idle as much as I could whilst driving. I had to start it up near 5 am in the morning so I kept the garage door closed and was very careful driving it around my neighborhood. I spoke with a few neighbors and asked them if it was too much, they didn't mind though. But I've been followed by cops on many occasions and made the car less enjoyable to drive because everyone in a 5-mile radius knew what RPM I was shifting at lol I think a "loud" fair-weather "weekend" toy is acceptable for the most part as it shouldn't be too annoying (less so than someone mowing their lawn in theory).

If I would have kept my 2017 GT, I would have reverted to stock exhaust... But I made the right choice and kept my notch instead. My fox is loud (BBK long tube, Catted X-pipe, and Pypes M80 catback) but not as loud as the damn coyote (especially at start-up lol). My daily driver is now a basic black 4 banger Ranger, makes no noise other than the mechanical fan (WTF ford?), and draws no attention from anyone.

I think we should be conscious about the fact that us car guys are in the minority and the hobby will continue to decline. So loud polluting cars will end up being illegal in this country within 10 years for sure, probably sooner if people vote trudeau for another round. I think the least we can do is avoid to piss off "non-car-people". Just think, to a lot of people, our loud V8's are just as annoying as a fart pipe honda civic trying to go fast at 7000RPM...

Loud daily driver mustang guy who got his exhaust foamed up probably did more than just have a loud annoying car. He probably drove like an idiot that got more attention than needed, he clearly had no regard for other people. The dude that vandalized and threatened the mustang guy is another moron who can't think of potential consequences. Sometimes people are meant for each other in more ways than we think. lol

90GT
06-03-2020, 03:38 PM
there's nothing more louder than a Harley Davidson with straight pipes roaring by at wot...even light throttle is way louder than any car I own......

I live on College st and the way a Harley exhaust bounces off the buildings, echoing and amplifying it... SO LOUD...haha

ZR
06-04-2020, 09:19 AM
Not sure how Harley's with straight pipes / no muffler what so ever continue to fall below the radar.

Gabe
06-04-2020, 10:35 AM
Not sure how Harley's with straight pipes / no muffler what so ever continue to fall below the radar.

I believe Oakville passed a by-law against straight pipe motorcycles a few years ago

Gabe
06-04-2020, 10:37 AM
I'll tell you, when you are out riding a bicycle (I ride on the street) and a jackass on a straightpiped Harley rides right up besides you before opening the throttle it is nearly as bad as a guy rolling coal on you

Scrape
06-04-2020, 01:20 PM
Oh I know that feeling all too well. Scares the crap out of you.
I'll tell you, when you are out riding a bicycle (I ride on the street) and a jackass on a straightpiped Harley rides right up besides you before opening the throttle it is nearly as bad as a guy rolling coal on you

Stephen06GT
06-04-2020, 02:19 PM

Followed a Harley-wanna-be to work this morning (it was some shaft drive unit) with straight pipes. On top of that he had some green led's on both sides of the rear wheel that overpowered the Loonie sized turn signals (which had some louvered lens caps on them that already made them hard to see)

Foxstang
06-09-2020, 02:49 PM
lOuD pIpEs SaVeS LiVeS