PDA

View Full Version : Criminal charge for stunt driving...

Stephen06GT
07-15-2020, 02:54 PM
CRIMINAL CHARGE LAID DURING STUNT DRIVING ENFORCEMENT IN VAUGHAN

https://www.yrp.ca/en/Modules/News/index.aspx?feedId=eec058e4-5b49-437f-89cd-d222d7465de7&newsId=69cd9dde-42b2-4694-8905-106c75efdcea

The driver of a modified vehicle is facing a criminal charge due to the excessive noise caused by his vehicle in the City of Vaughan.

On Sunday, July 12, 2020, shortly after midnight, officers were in the area of Highway 7 West and Ansley Grove Road, following weeks of complaints from the community regarding loud vehicle noise from cars and motorcycles who are regularly attending a nearby parking lot for meets. Community complaints have included dangerous driving in the parking lot, loud noise overnight from vehicles with improper mufflers as well as reports of sounds of gun shots which have turned out to be from improper vehicle exhaust systems.

During patrol, officers could hear loud bangs coming from the parking lot that sounded similar to fireworks or gun shots. It was determined that the noise was coming from a grey Nissan 350z vehicle that was in the parking lot. Officers stopped the vehicle on Windflower Gate to investigate. The driver of the vehicle was placed under arrest and has been charged.

The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Newmarket on October 30, 2020.

During targeted enforcement of modified vehicles in Vaughan from Thursday, July 9, 2020, through to the morning of Sunday, July 12, 2020, officers with the #4 District Community Oriented Response Unit and the Road Safety Bureau laid more than 70 charges for violations under the Highway Traffic Act.

https://youtu.be/sLmf5_sGyvo

OldSchool
07-15-2020, 03:12 PM
Wow

Laffs
07-15-2020, 03:36 PM
Criminal charges for an exhaust, but we have people breaking quarantine and likely spreading a deadly virus around crippling small business and potentially killing people who get a fine.

This province man....

Foxstang
07-15-2020, 03:43 PM
I don't get revving your engine like that... My fox is loud but I don't go to such meets and I don't just sit there revving my shit lol

Armen
07-15-2020, 03:43 PM
Good luck making a mischief charge stick for that. I’m sure any lawyer will have that thrown out.

5.4MarkVIII
07-15-2020, 03:58 PM
was just going to say that

noise infractions are by laws and get you fines (if the officers have a decibel reading) not criminal charges.

True Blue
07-15-2020, 04:04 PM
I don't agree with the criminal charge, glad to hear these fuckers got ticketed. Sick and tired of hearing these pricks machine gunning the area.

StAnger
07-15-2020, 05:15 PM
Fuck the Police. These bully ass motherfuckers can't beat up black people anymore, so now they're fucking with car guys.

Zippy
07-16-2020, 12:03 AM
God it would have been hilarious if it blew up.

Mellow Yellow
07-16-2020, 12:13 AM
Damn Zed car owners.......

No mine's not tuned to fill the exhaust with unburnt fuel to cause the loud bangs.

Biz
07-16-2020, 10:08 AM
Good luck making a mischief charge stick for that. I’m sure any lawyer will have that thrown out.
Yeah this one won't float but sadly the owner has to cover the costs.
Bit of an over-reach here.

Windjammer
07-16-2020, 12:04 PM
Fuck the Police. These bully ass motherfuckers can't beat up black people anymore, so now they're fucking with car guys.

Asshole car guys like that should be fucked with. They give all of us a bad name and so now the police pay attention to all car gatherings. Cops are right on on this. Let's face it some of the exhaust systems on our cars are just stupid and invite unwanted attention to all of us. That said I wish they would get really aggressive on some of the bikes around that run basically straight pipes. I hate them just as much as stupid car guys.

Like any group police have their issues to but generally speaking I have nothing but respect for the job they do. A lot of my friends are coppers and it is shocking what they have to contend with with on a daily basis dealing with some of the dregs of society and people with the "Fuck all Cops" attitude. We just have no idea what really goes on out there.

Frankie
07-16-2020, 12:23 PM
This has no detail about the investigation.

"Officers stopped the vehicle on Windflower Gate to investigate. The driver of the vehicle was placed under arrest and has been charged"

Maybe the guy was a douchebag to them and the cops arrested and charged him for something else?