PDA

View Full Version : It’s okay, I’m a mechanic...

Stephen06GT
07-26-2020, 10:24 AM
This dude gives real mechanics a bad name.

https://www.caledonenterprise.com/news-story/10123361--it-s-ok-i-m-a-mechanic-caledon-opp-stop-mississauga-driver-in-unsafe-vehicle/

RedSN
07-26-2020, 11:39 AM
Nice job cutting the hole for the zoomie. :rockon:

edit: while trying to lookup the correct term for exhaust pipe up through the hood, found out this seems to be a new fad with ricers

92redragtop
07-26-2020, 12:55 PM
No front plate as well?

Mellow Yellow
07-26-2020, 01:10 PM
No front plate as well?

That likely got written up in addition to everything else.

FoxRod
07-26-2020, 01:17 PM
If you really think about it, "some" of our mods to our Stangs (installed by Speed shops, master mechanics) would be considered illegal (ie sub-frame connectors, non oem brakes/suspension/exhaust mods). The only difference, we dont attract attention to our selves...:)

True Blue
07-26-2020, 01:23 PM
V-TEC makes you do stupid shit.

Spock
07-27-2020, 09:17 AM
A real mechanic would have used a hole saw for the exhaust & put on a chrome tip
That guy has no class!

Laffs
07-27-2020, 09:21 AM
Nice job cutting the hole for the zoomie. :rockon:

edit: while trying to lookup the correct term for exhaust pipe up through the hood, found out this seems to be a new fad with ricers

Hater pipe.

Zippy
07-27-2020, 02:52 PM
Yikes.

hammerhead
07-28-2020, 11:18 PM

I will be totally disappointed if my son doesn't get pulled over in this and I take full responsibility...lol (His first car - his first build - his first vision) If you have something to say you will sound just like his mother "your not setting a good example for your children...hahaha"...be young, be free - this will be back on the road soon with a little more patina - definition: patina - subtle rust on an old car that symbolizes free spirit muthafucka - I love it! and I'm a mechanic/artist/naturalist/free spirit/fabricator/gardener/and a piss poor accountant/and many other things - oh by the way that rx7 is 50% fox! When you love auto's and can't buy all the trinkets peeps call built not bought this is what you do...! Get of the sofa, put your wallet away, get your hands dirty, use your imagination, and build something from nothing, you didn't see on TV, beat the piss out of it and piss off the neighbours. If your not breaking the law your not doing it right! I'll have to scope this car out but it sounds closer to Georgetown. Sorry I totally condone this - put myself thru college with cars like this delivering pizza - cuzz being poor and still want to drive and survive - scumbag cop making fun of mechanics while the cops boss is spending a fortune trying to get mechanics but making them pay for a bull shit license to go to work everyday- I use to love making cops look like idiots when they pulled me over cause they sounded so stupid when they thought they new what they were talking about...hahaha be young - be free - make it work - show them your finger!

StAnger
07-29-2020, 07:29 AM
Reminds me of the "Rotsun"

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/90/1c/4f/901c4ffa268be15f54b272f2af8a3ecc.jpg

Speaking of Roadkill, I'm glad the Olds is gone. It had no exhaust (fell off), no parking brake, a frame that was weak in a few spots, a cracked trailing arm mount, and bald rear tires. Frankly, I just gave up on fixing it.

ZR
07-29-2020, 07:46 AM
^ We've repaired a couple of trailing arm mounts on Chev Trailblazers (same truck), extremely poor design that holds salt n debris.