PDA

View Full Version : Cross Border Shipping NY to Toronto

redo75
08-01-2020, 05:06 PM
Just asking for a friend.
Lot of messages over the years about companies that accept your US parts and then bring them in to Ontario for a small fee. At the time I wasn't paying attention.
Please refresh my mind which are the best in Toronto area not in the Horseshoe area.
Thanks.

Gabe
08-01-2020, 05:23 PM
I have been using cross border pickups for a few years

redo75
08-01-2020, 05:45 PM
Sorry I need the name of these business.

Old Fart
08-01-2020, 05:55 PM
https://www.crossborderpickups.ca/?utm_source=chimpmail&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=thanksgiving

redo75
08-01-2020, 07:34 PM
Thanks will pass on to a friend. Any others that are good?

92redragtop
08-01-2020, 09:48 PM
I'm in the process of trying Cross Border Pickups right now - got confirmation parts were delivered from Rock Auto on US side so waiting for them to contact me about bringing it over.

Hutch
08-02-2020, 01:30 AM
Has anyone used this since covid started?

92redragtop
08-02-2020, 02:10 AM

I'm mid-stream on a purchase/shipping so hopefully I'll have more info next week. I know the rotors I purchased were delivered to "my" CBP address in Niagara Falls, NY a couple days ago and I'm waiting for CBP to contact me to arrange bring the shipment over. If this works I'll be buying a used angle gear (transfer case) next to get my AWD working again.

Gabe
08-02-2020, 06:44 AM

Yes, I have. Other than the office hours in Mississauga being a little reduced, business as usual

FABMAN
08-02-2020, 08:53 AM
I have been using cross border pickups for a few years

Me too, no complaints here

trickflow-jay
08-02-2020, 07:51 PM
CBP cant be beat !! no lineups no headaches

ChristenHoer
08-20-2020, 09:32 AM
Are you talking about cross border vehicle transportation? I don't know which companies are offering cheap rates because it is still expensive to ship vehicle within Canada provinces.

Old Fart
08-20-2020, 10:31 AM
^^^Auto parts

ZR
08-31-2020, 05:51 PM
How did you make out with them Richard?

True Blue
08-31-2020, 08:04 PM
I've been hearing lots of good things about Shippsy, fast and simple to use.

$5.99 flat rate per package up to 50lbs.
Pick up is in either Mississauga or Markham.

92redragtop
09-01-2020, 01:13 AM
Picked up my 2 oversize boxes on the weekend - overall pretty easy process to have the packages shipped to Niagara Fall (US side) and have CBP bring it over....picked up in Mississauga. Paid approx. $80 in tax between the 2 boxes and another $50 for the service (2 oversize boxes).

newbiestangowner
09-01-2020, 01:43 AM
Picked up my 2 oversize boxes on the weekend - overall pretty easy process to have the packages shipped to Niagara Fall (US side) and have CBP bring it over....picked up in Mississauga. Paid approx. $80 in tax between the 2 boxes and another $50 for the service (2 oversize boxes).

wow, you just receiving the parts now? result of Covid delay or you just place your order late? so you drove all this time with toasted awd, and toasted brakes :stickpoke:

Uncle Buck
09-01-2020, 09:07 AM
I used them as well recently on a couple small items. Service was fine. They received the items on a Friday in the US. I chose to have it mailed to me for an extra $10. I think they passed the items on to Canada Post on Tuesday and I had it the following Friday.

My only criticism is their website used for creating the order to send to Canada once they have your stuff. It's not very intuitive what you need to do as a first time user and their instruction help was for a previous version and different.

Anyway, a decent option to get free shipping most of the way and much cheaper than paying large carriers to import for you.

92redragtop
09-01-2020, 09:58 AM
wow, you just receiving the parts now? result of Covid delay or you just place your order late? so you drove all this time with toasted awd, and toasted brakes :stickpoke:

LOL....the rotors came a while back but then I found the used AWD unit and had to wait for the seller to pull it from the car with a couple other parts and then ship it, and then asked for the 2 boxes to be brought over together (don't think it made a difference since they were considered over-sized). Been using the Caddy while waiting for the rotors....and yeah, FWD is no fun, it spins the front wheels. They were pretty fast once I got the invoices loaded and paid the taxes/fee.

My only criticism is their website used for creating the order to send to Canada once they have your stuff. It's not very intuitive what you need to do as a first time user and their instruction help was for a previous version and different.

Yes, definitely agree with this!

Gabe
09-01-2020, 05:24 PM
I used them as well recently on a couple small items. Service was fine. They received the items on a Friday in the US. I chose to have it mailed to me for an extra $10. I think they passed the items on to Canada Post on Tuesday and I had it the following Friday.

Anyway, a decent option to get free shipping most of the way and much cheaper than paying large carriers to import for you.

agree with this, it is not the most user friendly site.
I have had a couple instances where I am sure I have consolidated some packages for a single shipment only to have it arrive and be told I did not consolidate/ release all of them.

Small headache, but overall good service for excellent value

ZR
09-01-2020, 05:40 PM
Trying it for the first time, results to follow

ZR
09-14-2020, 10:04 PM
Cross Border Pickups.

While I found the procedure a lil clunky to figure out the first time, things went smooth as silk n picked my package up today in Markham. Saved a bundle taking advantage of cheap US shipping plus no hassles, will most definitely be using it again.

newbiestangowner
09-14-2020, 10:12 PM
Cross Border Pickups.

While I found the procedure a lil clunky to figure out the first time, things went smooth as silk n picked my package up today in Markham. Saved a bundle taking advantage of cheap US shipping plus no hassles, will most definitely be using it again.

Good to hear/know!
But I’m more interested in WHAT merchandise was ordered :)

I’ve been put on the “ do not order anything” order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZR
09-14-2020, 10:13 PM
Trans rebuild parts for Ross's car.

Rich-C
09-16-2020, 11:11 AM
I wish i knew about this earlier!

ZR
09-16-2020, 05:21 PM
Me to, finally got fed up with UPS rape at the door action.

hsousa88
09-16-2020, 05:27 PM
Nothing but smooth sailing with CBP on my end from big heavy packages to small stuff

Uncle Buck
09-16-2020, 06:42 PM
Me to, finally got fed up with UPS rape at the door action.

Amen brother. My last experience with UPS fees will truly be my last experience with UPS fees.