View Full Version : Broken hydro pole

5.4MarkVIII
08-02-2020, 10:39 AM
Looking at a place. Has 4 poles between house and transformer. 2 middle poles were replaced by insurance a few years ago after an ice storm.

Pole at house has a broken guy wire and a drastic lean.
Trying to figure coat to replace. How much it should effect the offer (if at all)

Anyone work with this stuff or have experience

If I recall anything after the transformer and on your property is yours and fixed at your cost.

Does the hydro company still have do the work or is there subcontractors that would be allowed to tackle this?

Thanks

Old Fart
08-02-2020, 11:00 AM
Only experience I have is when we built our house about 12 years ago. For the underground power cables we had the choice of putting them in with a contractor or getting hydro to do it. We opted for hydro as the cost of the cables was a bit cheaper and they connected right after the install.

redo75
08-02-2020, 11:01 AM
Call hydro company. Some locations, the service cost is reasonable since you are a customer.

5.4MarkVIII
08-02-2020, 11:04 AM
Any worry about them coming in as saying well the line is old and needs to be replaced from the transformer? House was built in 59

Thinking I might just forget the pole and plane to have it trenched from the good pole to the house.

Old Fart
08-02-2020, 11:12 AM
Thinking I might just forget the pole and plane to have it trenched from the good pole to the house.

I was thinking about this as well.