PDA

View Full Version : One piece drive shaft

Joronto
08-21-2020, 03:31 PM
Hey guys, Im looking on upgrading my drive shaft to a one piece aluminum.

its a 2014 v6 stick shift.

any recommendations for which is best, not dragging the car or anything, Just want the upgrade for the quality of life.

so my questions would be, reccommendations for wich one to get and where? is ordering through American muscle or cjpony an option?

any input would be great! thanks!

Joronto
08-21-2020, 03:32 PM
on a side note, I havent done much to my car but i plan on it this winter I.E barton short shifter, maybe a CAI, also suspension upgrades probably all happening winter time :)

Zippy
08-21-2020, 05:15 PM
I'd assume shipping a driveshaft from the states might not be that cost effective. I'm sure one of our sponsors could get you a 1 piece driveshaft really easily.
Also upgrading the V6 driveshaft is a smart move, they seem to break very easily. We had one in recently where it literally exploded...

ZR
08-21-2020, 05:18 PM
Just like in the UTube or similar vids, stock shaft explodes like a bomb was inside it at high / high sustained speeds. One piece direct fit is something anyone that drives one hard should seriously consider.
Yes DaSilva's can get you one for sure.

Joronto
08-21-2020, 06:23 PM
Awesome I'll check in with dasilvas !

xeninworx
08-21-2020, 06:36 PM
Cool, another 2014 V6 stick shift. I’ve got an Airaid Intake and BBK TB. When it’s cooler I’ll be installing some knockoff shorty headers. Too hot to do it now.

The V6 guys over at Mustang6G are swapping the TB from a 11-14 GT onto the V6. Cheaper than a BBK TB. The bigger TB makes a huge difference. Noticed it right away when I swapped mine.

Joronto
08-22-2020, 05:28 PM
Doing a little more research, Dasilvas seem to be a little hard to get in touch today over the phone.

In total It would be about 1,200CDN to get this one over here Dynotech Driveshaft Aluminum One-Piece 3-1/2" V6 2011-2014

Thoughts?

xeninworx
08-22-2020, 05:59 PM
If you’re going to buy from the US, wait til they have some sort of promotion. Usually on the holidays.

Joronto
08-24-2020, 09:55 AM
After talking to Joe from dasilvas this morning he advised against the one piece for now, and to concentrate on changing out my clutch set up , apparently one piece could make vibration worse and getting rid of my current vibration is probably the best with a flywheel change. Hurray

ZR
08-24-2020, 10:07 AM
Last two we saw fail looked along this lines.

https://www.allfordmustangs.com/attachments/stang-shaft-jpg.146981/

Joronto
08-24-2020, 10:23 AM
As of right now though I'm not running any crazy set up, I literally have an exsaust and that's it. These only fail under the worse conditions correct? Now I'm worried for both haha

Zippy
08-24-2020, 10:24 AM
After talking to Joe from dasilvas this morning he advised against the one piece for now, and to concentrate on changing out my clutch set up , apparently one piece could make vibration worse and getting rid of my current vibration is probably the best with a flywheel change. Hurray

The reason the driveshaft would be vibrating is if it is out of balance or the pinion angle is out to lunch causing vibration at speed.

Joronto
08-24-2020, 10:32 AM
I mean, I dont think the driveshaft is vibrating. He said if i press the gas in neutral and i feel the vibration still its most likely the Flywheel. The only reason I wanted the driveshaft is because apparently it was supposed to help reduce the drive line vibration.

very rare do i push the car to its brink! lol....I'll be going in this Saturday for his to take it for a test drive anyway. Sometimes i think i just wanna sell this car and get something else though....too many issues from factory :(

Zippy
08-24-2020, 10:44 AM
I mean, I dont think the driveshaft is vibrating. He said if i press the gas in neutral and i feel the vibration still its most likely the Flywheel. The only reason I wanted the driveshaft is because apparently it was supposed to help reduce the drive line vibration.

very rare do i push the car to its brink! lol....I'll be going in this Saturday for his to take it for a test drive anyway. Sometimes i think i just wanna sell this car and get something else though....too many issues from factory :(

Hopefully they can get ya fixed up. GL!

ZR
08-24-2020, 12:27 PM
Drive up to the speed where it vibrates, push clutch in, if vibration is gone, flywheel, if not, driveline / most likely shaft (assuming wheels n tires ok of course).

Joronto
08-24-2020, 07:03 PM
thanks I'll keep you guys updated.