PDA

View Full Version : Some f-king ahole scratche my car

Quicksilver
08-21-2020, 04:48 PM
I just left Home Depot where I spent an hour buying every stick of pressure treated wood they would sell me(for those who don't know there is a SEVERE shortage of lumber in Toronto right now. BY FAR the worst i've seen in 40 years.

I got in the car, which I had parked in amongst 5 or 6 empty spots considerably away from the door and went to my next stop, Buckner Manufacturing in Newmarket which sells aluminum siding and such. I get out of the car and just happen to look at my right front fender. It's smeared with white concrete dust and some sort of reddish rust deposits, and the clear plastic guard I had done last year is torn in at least 4 places. It doesn't look like the paint is damaged, but man, this gets me going.
My car(as you know I traded my 7th Mustang last year for a 2016 Jaguar F-type vert) has the most incredible paint job, as one might expect from a luxury car like this,. Up till today, I've done 24000 km in 13 months(parked for 5)without so much as a stone chip, so I'm particularly incensed. There is so much concrete dust and whatever else shmutz on the car I almost wonder if it was deliberate.

It amazes me that someone could care so little about someone else's property. How un-Canadian

Stephen06GT
08-21-2020, 06:02 PM
That definitely sucks. Hope you can get it repaired to your liking.

As far as the PT lumber, my daughter worked at Home Hardware in Bolton and they have been sold out of PT for quite a while. Last week, a couple came up from St. Catharines and bought the last 500 pieces of fence board they had. They, HH, have no idea when they will get any more.

RedSN
08-21-2020, 06:05 PM
I just left Home Depot where I spent an hour buying every stick of pressure treated wood they would sell me
Trailer hitch on the Jag? Or top down loaded the 2x4’s in the back seat?

CON VERT
08-21-2020, 06:19 PM
Sorry to hear Steve ! :slap:

xeninworx
08-21-2020, 06:30 PM
Hate it when that happens. I park far away too.

2 months after my wife got her brand new 2016 Accord Touring, some lady backed into the quarter panel of the Accord in a Shoppers parking lot. My wife had just parked the car and didn’t even get out of the car yet and this lady hit the Accord trying to back into the space next to the Accord. Lady said it’s 50/50 in a parking lot and I was on the phone with my wife and told her to call her out on that BS because you can’t claim 50/50 when the other car is parked. It’s like hitting a brick wall with your car. Can’t blame the brick wall.

CON VERT
08-21-2020, 06:55 PM
Maybe time for a new MUSTANG ???????????????????

92redragtop
08-21-2020, 10:21 PM
Sorry to hear - that's awful but there are crappy people out there.

Foxstang
08-22-2020, 07:58 AM
Sad thing is. When you stop caring, nothing happens. I have no door dings or scratches on my truck and I park it near cart corrals, tight with other cars, etc.

yllrgt
08-22-2020, 08:41 AM
A lot of people are hurting out there , sociopathic behavior is increasing during this pandemic striking out against those they perceive are doing well . Keep the good stuff locked up and out of sight .

Quicksilver
08-22-2020, 01:18 PM
No back seat, no trailer hitch

Quicksilver
08-22-2020, 01:20 PM
A lot of people are hurting out there , sociopathic behavior is increasing during this pandemic striking out against those they perceive are doing well . Keep the good stuff locked up and out of sight .

To be honest, I am driving my wife's car more than ever. I'm almost afraid to take this out to clients, for exactly those reasons.

Ponyryd
08-22-2020, 05:41 PM
Sounds to me like it may have been accidentally brushed by a truck or trailer while in the lot.
Sucks to hear though.

5.4MarkVIII
08-22-2020, 07:08 PM
Sounds to me like it may have been accidentally brushed by a truck or trailer while in the lot.
Sucks to hear though.

Very likely. Not many towing travel trailers understand the pivot point and how the rear can swing wide of the trailer