PDA

View Full Version : Ancaster Raid...

Jack Raccoon!
09-20-2020, 03:12 PM
Anyone have any intell on the impromptu car show in Ancaster last night?

ZR
09-20-2020, 03:52 PM
I gotz nothing boss.

1BAD92LX
09-20-2020, 04:16 PM
Probably protesting the change in the number of people allowed at gatherings?

Jack Raccoon!
09-20-2020, 04:23 PM
Lol

ZR
09-20-2020, 04:36 PM
Hundreds of car peeps gathered.

Jack Raccoon!
09-20-2020, 04:55 PM
Trying to figure out how it started....

ZR
09-20-2020, 05:12 PM
^ So are the Police.

Mellow Yellow
09-20-2020, 05:18 PM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/hamilton/hamilton-police-ancaster-parking-lot-car-show-1.5731583

redo75
09-20-2020, 05:21 PM
I thought it was the car swap at the fairground meet at the beginning, but no just youngings wasting time.
Social meetings to get sick and cost the taxpayers.
People that needing medical surgical help will now be put off so these ass wipes can be using hospital beds.
Need to start charging them for their stupid actions.

ZR
09-20-2020, 05:21 PM
https://i.cbc.ca/1.5731768.1600631898!/fileImage/httpImage/image.jpg_gen/derivatives/16x9_780/ancaster-impromptu-car-show.jpg

redo75
09-20-2020, 05:22 PM
Social media.
Period.

ZR
09-20-2020, 05:23 PM
Click on the vid in news link above.

Stephen06GT
09-20-2020, 06:12 PM
Anyone have any intell on the impromptu car show in Ancaster last night?

I missed you. What time did you show up? ;)

5.4MarkVIII
09-20-2020, 06:51 PM
People that needing medical surgical help will now be put off so these ass wipes can be using hospital beds.

possibly, but so far this new rise in cases has not also equaled a rise in hospitalizations. with luck hopefully that trend will remain.

redo75
09-20-2020, 08:21 PM
Too early to show, wait for it by weeks end.

Jack Raccoon!
09-20-2020, 09:59 PM
Too funny. I'm working....

bbriann
09-20-2020, 10:15 PM
^^^ Don't see any mustang's in the photo...just ricers..ok photo disappeared as I was typing....

Foxstang
09-21-2020, 06:08 AM
^^^ Don't see any mustang's in the photo...just ricers..ok photo disappeared as I was typing....

Lol yeah it looks like a typical Walmart parking lot with a bunch of FWD economy cars to me, not a car show.

Jack Raccoon!
09-21-2020, 10:06 AM
I give the kids credit for putting their Xbox's down and crawling out of the basement...

Gr8Stang
09-21-2020, 11:29 AM
possibly, but so far this new rise in cases has not also equaled a rise in hospitalizations. with luck hopefully that trend will remain.

Something I think that's being missed here is that the government has upped their testing....to the tune of 30-40K/day now. If you consider that, the percentage of people testing positive still remains around 1%....or less. Again....media and/or government failing to provide the public with ALL the info. Madness.

StAnger
09-21-2020, 12:55 PM
Something I think that's being missed here is that the government has upped their testing....to the tune of 30-40K/day now. If you consider that, the percentage of people testing positive still remains around 1%....or less. Again....media and/or government failing to provide the public with ALL the info. Madness.

Anything that goes against their narrative gets swept under the rug.

Gr8Stang
09-21-2020, 12:58 PM
Anything that goes against their narrative gets swept under the rug.

It sure appears that way. Shame on the media though for not providing a better rounded report. The government is providing the data on their COVID page....just requires a little math to figure it out.

Foxstang
09-22-2020, 06:51 AM
Media isn’t in business to find the truth. They exist to sell advertising and be the liberal mouthpiece.

I’m disappointed in people who simply use the “cases by day” metric and get into a frenzy. If you test 100 people and 1 has it, it’s 1%. if you test 40000 people and 400 has it, it’s still 1%. It’s not all that alarming and if you factor the r naught value those 400 could really mean 4000 infections but most if not all don’t even have a symptom.

For most people this virus means nothing because it’s not even as bad as the flu to them.

StAnger
09-22-2020, 09:38 AM
Media isn’t in business to find the truth. They exist to sell advertising and be the liberal mouthpiece.

I’m disappointed in people who simply use the “cases by day” metric and get into a frenzy. If you test 100 people and 1 has it, it’s 1%. if you test 40000 people and 400 has it, it’s still 1%. It’s not all that alarming and if you factor the r naught value those 400 could really mean 4000 infections but most if not all don’t even have a symptom.

For most people this virus means nothing because it’s not even as bad as the flu to them.

It's all about fear and control. If you want to control people, just scare them into compliance.

Jack Raccoon!
09-27-2020, 03:40 PM
Guess they moved the party to Wasaga....

SlipperyVic
09-27-2020, 07:18 PM

And they thought they would never seen the same crowds after the big fire..

Intmdtr
09-27-2020, 10:56 PM
Yep and they caused a whole lot of shit too. I had fun kicking the soccer ball out on the road when they sped past my place.

Minaccia
09-27-2020, 11:19 PM
What these young people are doing isn't right but you have to admit the car hobby is alive and well and isn't going anywhere soon.

In fact it's getting bigger imo and these kids like us are getting tired of the covid restrictions and everyone ragging on the car hobby (stfu Tory).

Foxstang
09-28-2020, 06:27 AM
What these young people are doing isn't right but you have to admit the car hobby is alive and well and isn't going anywhere soon.

In fact it's getting bigger imo and these kids like us are getting tired of the covid restrictions and everyone ragging on the car hobby (stfu Tory).

Stickers on a Honda isn’t what I’d call a car hobby though. Lol

5.4MarkVIII
09-28-2020, 07:23 AM
if thats all they can afford than so be it.

better a car club than a gang. better a car meet, even if a bit roudy, than riots.

mavrrrick
09-28-2020, 07:40 AM
WTF!!!
https://globalnews.ca/news/7362338/huge-crowds-wasaga-beach-car-rally/

hammerhead
09-28-2020, 07:42 AM
Trying to figure out how it started....

probably FB - I see these types of gatherings regularly especially on my Saturday morning commutes - will see hundreds of cars in a parade type cruz sometimes one make - other times mixed cars from an era from old school muscle to tuners - saw a huge group heading north of hwy 124 and hwy 10 this past Saturday likely heading to wasaga (the most recent turnout) In the mix was a beautiful gt40 in Gulf colours - this past Saturday traffic was very heavy for some strange reason both North and southbound....

hammerhead
09-28-2020, 08:03 AM
in the 70's it was biker on the beech...

5.4MarkVIII
09-28-2020, 08:39 AM
My only question is why are they covering a car rally as a covid spread risk but the riots and protests were not covered the same way?

ZR
09-28-2020, 09:36 AM
Until they roll in with bus's and arrest em 100 at a time, nothing is going to change.

newbiestangowner
09-28-2020, 12:08 PM
Until they roll in with bus's and arrest em 100 at a time, nothing is going to change.

One of my worries now is just being out there by myself minding my own business and getting arrested :)
Will be the first one too- it’s the slowest thing out there :)

So is lapping day still permitted? Based on all these car events happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5.4MarkVIII
09-28-2020, 12:44 PM
Around here any car events where just cruses. If they start giving tickets because a group of cars drove around together. There are going to be problems.

I think the issues start when people get out of their cars and start crowding around like a normal car show or in the streets like they were in the picture.

bluetoy
09-28-2020, 06:00 PM
Stickers on a Honda isn’t what I’d call a car hobby though. Lol

It may not be what we find cool or even tasteful. Doesn't matter if I like their cars or style. Everyone has different tastes. I would never put down any one else's car. To them it's special and maybe all they can afford is some stickers. At least they are out there enjoying cars. Okay maybe doing stupid things. But we all have done stupid things with our cars over the years.

Now gathering in huge crowds during this made in china outbreak is a stupid and shameful act. Very disrespectful to those truly afraid of this thing. A huge slap in the face to all their families, parents and grand parents who could suffer very serious illness or possibly death if they bring home this bug.

ZR
09-28-2020, 07:27 PM
Problem is, out there as "car peeps" they bring heat on all of us action like fools.

redo75
09-28-2020, 08:17 PM
Many countries in this world are now experiencing huge spikes as this covid virus numbers are rising.
But most of these countries didn't have car rallies, so at this point can't blame car people. Gobal News needs to clarify their "false news"
As Arte Johnson on Laugh-In said Verrry Interesting but stupid people.

RedSN
09-29-2020, 12:04 AM
My only question is why are they covering a car rally as a covid spread risk but the riots and protests were not covered the same way?
That’s you’re ONLY question?

You don’t see a distinction? One is an unnecessary gathering of privileged hobbyists, and the other is a public protest against racial injustice?

ZR
09-29-2020, 07:12 AM
Acting like covid never existed or has passed, working like a charm, numbers have quickly swelled to where we were months ago. Selfish actions are making this drag on longer, injuring and or killing others + flushing our economy down the toilet.

mavrrrick
09-29-2020, 07:16 AM
did it not seem like they are all from Quebec ? French speaking.

5.4MarkVIII
09-29-2020, 07:20 AM
That’s you’re ONLY question?

You don’t see a distinction? One is an unnecessary gathering of privileged hobbyists, and the other is a public protest against racial injustice?

so how does that make one a covid risk of spread and the other not?

the media has been playing this game all over north America. BLM riots and destroys property = cheers from the media. any other gathering = condemnation for putting people at risk of covid spread.

ZR
09-29-2020, 07:36 AM
Incidents of gross injustice pushing people to the brink is hardly the same as a bunch of I'm tired of being cooped up car enthusiasts acting like that.

hammerhead
09-29-2020, 07:44 AM
this event in wasaga over shadowed the large protest in the downtown core on saturday - this protest in toronto was about not needing to wear a mask - I'm sure this will spike the numbers even more over the coming weeks...covid has exposed all the stupid people 1.000,000 deaths world wide with the usa winning the gold so far...but I also think wearing mask have provided people with a false sense of security to make them believe they are some what invisible if they have one on - if you dont need to be there - dont be there - its real simple but stupidity always prevails common sense.

cobra88
09-29-2020, 11:38 AM
Recently I was in a grocery store and came across 3 people who were not wearing masks. When approached one responded with "I have a medical condition". I responded with thats great but I'm protecting you by wearing a mask but you are not protecting me, which is unacceptable. Needless to say, I walked away before it got heated, but I could see others staring this woman down. I went to the store manager and asked why the mask wearing was not being enforced? Basically the answer was once a person states that they have a medical condition the store cannot enforce and must comply, cannot ask what condition is etc etc. I basically responded with I'm not feeling safe and left my grocery's in front of him and asked that they create store hours for non wearing mask people and all the others who want to be safe and wear a mask and then proceeded to walked out.

Numbers keep going up and people just do not get it, this will get worse before it gets better.
Personally,..... no need to go to a bar, restaurant, strip club, coffee shop, car meet, you name it my family is prepared to sacrifice for the greater good.

5.4MarkVIII
09-29-2020, 12:15 PM
Yep shame people with medical conditions that’s for sure the best most human thing to do.

5.4MarkVIII
09-29-2020, 12:17 PM
Incidents of gross injustice pushing people to the brink is hardly the same as a bunch of I'm tired of being cooped up car enthusiasts acting like that.

But if people are dying. Should that not be more important than perceived injustice?

hammerhead
09-29-2020, 12:42 PM
Yep shame people with medical conditions that’s for sure the best most human thing to do.

you've done the biggest 180 since the beginning, when you turned people away who wanted to pay you for your services... still doing that?

5.4MarkVIII
09-29-2020, 12:47 PM
I’ve only turned people away for not cleaning, sanitizing and keeping distance.

I’ve never turned anyone away who told me they could not wear a mask.

Last I checked there isn’t a medical condition that stops you from cleaning lol.

hammerhead
09-29-2020, 01:48 PM

5.4MarkVIII
09-29-2020, 02:05 PM
Okay. If you say so