PDA

View Full Version : Important recall // Mustang

ZR
09-28-2020, 11:16 PM
According to Ford and the NHTSA documents, the 2020 Mustangs in question may feature broken brake pedals. During a “sudden stopping,” the brake pedal brackets may fracture and leave drivers with reduced stopping power. However, the automaker said it’s not aware of any crashes or injuries related to this new recall. Ford noted the problem was only related to Mustangs with an automatic transmission. According to the documents, the brake pedal bracket materials changed from nylon to polypropylene for Mustangs equipped with an automatic transmission. Ford cited “insufficient design margins” for the potential problem. Mailed noticed began making their way to the 38,005 owners, which will instruct them to bring their car to a Ford or Lincoln dealer. There, a technician will replace the brake pedal bracket assembly free.

R3troGT
09-29-2020, 06:24 AM
Pretty crazy

95GT_VERT
09-29-2020, 06:38 AM
Yikes , talk about driving in fear after reading that .

RedSN
09-29-2020, 11:48 PM
Wow, obvious a PR firm and/or lawyers wrote that release.

“Sudden braking”, ...so like when you find yourself in a situation where you really need to stop?
“leave drivers with reduced stopping power”, ...so not being able to stop the vehicle?
“insufficient design margins”, ...so totally fucked up?

Zippy
09-30-2020, 09:35 AM
Built Ford Tough

bluetoy
09-30-2020, 05:02 PM
I guarantee it is a design change to reduce the cost. Wonder how many pennies they saved by changing from nylon to polypropylene.

StAnger
09-30-2020, 05:42 PM
I guarantee it is a design change to reduce the cost. Wonder how many pennies they saved by changing from nylon to polypropylene.

I remember when important stuff like brake pedals were made from a strong material... I can't remember what it was called... I think it was metal, or steel maybe.

Minaccia
09-30-2020, 06:25 PM
Cheap parts is why the Ford Mustang and F150 are affordable to most.

cudaboy
09-30-2020, 06:31 PM
Cheap in quality....not if you or I had to buy them.