PDA

View Full Version : Plain NUTS !

CON VERT
10-09-2020, 06:55 PM
I think I need my head read, figured the new ride deserves some decent floor mats for the winter , so I ordered the Weather Tech, arriving today after a 5 week wait , now I must admit I obviously had no idea what I was ordering, I just figured for $180.74 I would get front & rears , WRONG, so I check the price and you guessed it just the fronts, I'm like I just paid $90 bucks each for a skimpy moulded piece of plastic worth all of a $10 bucks maybe , Boy where was I when shares of this company went on sale ? what makes these things so expensive , yes they fit well + yes I will keep them, but the nicest thing about them is their LOGO ! Rant off !

xeninworx
10-09-2020, 07:02 PM
Weather Tech mats are garbage. They bend over time and get in the way. The logo falls off eventually.

For the Stang I bought Tux Mats. Same price as Weather Techs but a whole lot nicer.

I have WT for the Accord. I’m gonna get Tux Mats instead.

Stephen06GT
10-09-2020, 07:42 PM
I like my WeatherTechs. Are they expensive, I guess, but they work and look great. I have them in the Mustang, the Fusion and the F150, and just sold the set I had in the Edge.

ZR
10-09-2020, 08:17 PM
Add me to the list of love Weathertech mats, been very pleased with them and yes will most definitely buy again.

Foxstang
10-10-2020, 07:24 AM
I need something for the ranger too. So weathertech is good?

True Blue
10-10-2020, 07:28 AM
The quality of TuxMat blows Weathertech out of the water!

CON VERT
10-10-2020, 07:48 AM
They don't make mat's for a XT6 (yet).

xeninworx
10-10-2020, 07:51 AM
Send them an email. They’re in Toronto so maybe they can scan and make a set.

https://www.tuxmat.ca/pages/model-request

CON VERT
10-10-2020, 08:24 AM
Thanks, but the re shipping back to Weather Tech would kill me ! & no they don't accept COD+ a 15% restocking fee etc! hope the Wearher Tech grow on me ! LOL

Das 5.0
10-10-2020, 09:24 AM
I have them in Wife’s CX 5 love them.... got front , rear and hatch mat from a guy that knows someone there a few years ago for $200.00 ....lots of mark up on these. Wish I still had that contact....

CON VERT
10-10-2020, 01:44 PM
^^^ So do I , LOL ! & as one of my favorite saying goes, "last time I was robbed they used a GUN !!!!"

JZ67
10-11-2020, 11:03 AM
Regardless of brand, the highwall waterproof liner with perfect fitment are a great add-on to your vehicle. They make a world of difference in how well you can keep the floor clean and WeatherTech has a decent warranty?

MINT2000, they are expensive and although they seem less than robust, I can assure you that you won't regret the purchase especially in the middle of winter and you're dragging salt all over the place. Your going to really love them then.

My wife has them in her Pacifica. She is a letter carrier and uses her vehicle for her job. She is in and out of the van dozens of times a day and constantly dragging dirt with her. When it comes time to clean, those liners are worth every penny.

Rest easy, you are going to look back on this is March and pat yourself on the back.

I had OEM Nissan 'WeatherTech' in my 2015 Pathfinder. At trade, with high mileage, the trade estimator said that if the vehicle wasn't so clean they wouldn't want the vehicle for a trade. It was obvious that the cleanliness wasn't a detail job as the floor never saw dirt or salt as a result of the liners.

Bought the OEM Mazda Premium (looks like TuxMat) for my 2020. Won't have another vehicle without this type of floor liner.