PDA

View Full Version : A big thanks to ZR and Zippy...

Stephen06GT
10-14-2020, 08:33 AM
My daughter is home from school for a reading week so I put the winter tires on her Fusion on Saturday afternoon. Later that day I took the car for a test drive and heard that all to familiar growling of a bearing that's gone bad. I call ZR and he tells to bring it in Tuesday morning. Long story short, the right rear bearing was FUBAR. Thanks to Fine's Ford for finding me a bearing and a big thanks once again the team of Rick and Ross for getting me in an out with little drama (well except for the bearing that was "corrosion welded" (i just made that term up) into the spindle).

Thanks guys!!!

xeninworx
10-14-2020, 08:54 AM
I was just at Fine’s last night picking up oil and filter. The guy with the long hair in a braided ponytail working in parts used to work at Colony Ford as I bought a cargo net for the Stang from there. He’s a really nice guy. The nice thing about Fine’s is parts is open until 8pm on Tuesdays and Thursdays as opposed to all the Brampton ones closing at 5-6pm.

I’ve changed the rear bearings on my Civic years ago as one side was a dud. Instead of changing the bearings I changed the whole spindle out. Easier to do that and a friend of mine gets a discount at Napa so got SKF brand at a cheaper price.

ZR
10-14-2020, 04:49 PM
Yup, bearing was definitely a fighter.

Zippy
10-14-2020, 06:36 PM
Anything for our s197 brother #TEAMBLUE
:highfive:

Mustang4
10-14-2020, 09:04 PM
I'd like to thank Rick and Ross as well for getting my 91 Fox running right after a lot of trials and tribulations.
While many things were looked at, it turns out it was the MSD coil and the MSD 6AL box. Once they removed those two 10yr old MSD pieces and putting in a new Ford coil it now runs like a top.

Thanks a lot, Rick and Ross.

ZR
10-14-2020, 09:26 PM
Best of news Brian, great seeing you and your bride.

Zippy
10-15-2020, 07:30 PM
Great seeing you Brian! Glad the fox is back to tip top shape!

92redragtop
10-15-2020, 10:20 PM
I'll jump in here too - visited R&R last Saturday morning to get a slow leak at an oil feed fitting fixed up on the Fox. Always great to visit the guys at the shop - thanks again.

newbiestangowner
10-15-2020, 10:27 PM
I'll jump in here too - visited R&R last Saturday morning to get a slow leak at an oil feed fitting fixed up on the Fox. Always great to visit the guys at the shop - thanks again.

U do have my number right?? :)

I could have paid R&R a visit too

92redragtop
10-15-2020, 11:31 PM
U do have my number right?? :)

I could have paid R&R a visit too

But you don't leave home....

newbiestangowner
10-15-2020, 11:35 PM
But you don't leave home....

I’m allowed if it’s to Rick’s lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk