PDA

View Full Version : Base GT or PP2?

paradigm
11-17-2020, 01:23 PM
I am looking to buy a new mustang. I had my mind set on a base 2020 GT 6 speed car, trying to target them in the mid 30's plus tax. Then eventually lightly mod it (19x10 wheels, springs / struts, catback exhaust, recaro seats, 8" screen).

I am also seeing PP2 cars listed in the mid 40s plus tax. I like the idea of magnetic ride, 19x10.5/11 wheels, 3:73 rear end, Brembo brakes (although base GT brakes seem more than capable) , sync 3 / 8" screen. I do not like cup tires (wear out fast and I don't need them), magnetic ride (if I decide to upgrade springs / shocks later), and the 10k price difference.

Would you guys go with a base GT and eventually make it your own, or go with the PP2? This is going to be a weekend cruiser that I plan to keep for 5+ years.

Or maybe wait for spring on a new 2021 GT base and see what incentives hit then?

Scrape
11-17-2020, 02:09 PM
Why not take a look at what our sponsors have in stock. I am sure that you can get a great deal on one of those on the lot.

Ah....I just noticed you are not from here lol. I guess one of the dealers in your neighbourhood then. Also don't forget that the PP2 is gone for next year and only the PP1 and Mach 1 are the higher tier cars if that route tickles your fancy.

Armen
11-17-2020, 02:47 PM
Base GT or maybe PPI if it’s a weekend cruiser. No point in spending the extra on PPII if you’re not going to use the equipment.

paradigm
11-17-2020, 02:59 PM
Why not take a look at what our sponsors have in stock. I am sure that you can get a great deal on one of those on the lot.

Ah....I just noticed you are not from here lol. I guess one of the dealers in your neighbourhood then. Also don't forget that the PP2 is gone for next year and only the PP1 and Mach 1 are the higher tier cars if that route tickles your fancy.

I am considering buying it from a Toronto area dealer like Heritage or Blackstock. I am originally from Toronto and the exchange rate works in my favor. Heritage has two nice PP2 cars although both have the active exhaust and navigation which I dont care for. Although at the right price anything is nice lol.

paradigm
11-17-2020, 03:00 PM
Base GT or maybe PPI if it’s a weekend cruiser. No point in spending the extra on PPII if you’re not going to use the equipment.
That is true. I will beat on it a little here and there, but it won't really be seeing track duty.

Armen
11-17-2020, 05:34 PM
Then the PPI sounds like a good fit. Easier to find too.

UnlimitedTraction
11-17-2020, 06:08 PM
I am considering buying it from a Toronto area dealer like Heritage or Blackstock. I am originally from Toronto and the exchange rate works in my favor. Heritage has two nice PP2 cars although both have the active exhaust and navigation which I dont care for. Although at the right price anything is nice lol.

If you live in the US, they are not going to sell you a brand new Mustang.

Zippy
11-17-2020, 07:27 PM
I would think a GT or PP1 would be more ideal for your situation.
If it's going to be a back road/daily driver car, I would strongly suggest getting one with Mag ride.
Just try and decide what you must have in the car and that will decide between GT & PP1.

FABMAN
11-17-2020, 09:18 PM
After having a PP1, I personally would only buy a PP1 or PP2 Mustang. The relatively small increase in price turns the GT into a well balanced car.

Better brakes, Torsen diff, upgraded suspension, additional cooling, gauges and more aggressive factory tune, as well as an upgraded wheel package at a fraction of the cost it would take to do in the aftermarket.

By the sound of your use description, a PP1 would likely do everything you need.