PDA

View Full Version : Nobody in downtown Toronto today

Uncle Buck
01-07-2021, 08:34 PM
I've been working at home since March but today I had to go to my office on Front Street for a bit.

Took a couple of pics of Front St and York at rush hour. Normally the sidewalks are packed and so are the roads.

Weird times we're living in.

Front and York

Front Street looking east

Biz
01-07-2021, 09:37 PM
Same here in London. No traffic at all. Just like March and April were. It does make for quick travel times though.

5.4MarkVIII
01-07-2021, 09:45 PM
Funny grand bend is busier this winter than usual. All those people from the city hiding out down here.

Part of our screening process is to ask travel. Not just out of province but out of area and specifically to (pre lock down anyway) grey zones. Toronto peel, Ottawa and winsor area.

We ask that customer adhere to a ten day waiting period before having us come out after they have travelled to any of these zones.

Today a lady (with a 416 cell number) gave me attitude and told me I had no business asking where she had travelled from.

hammerhead
01-07-2021, 11:57 PM
Funny grand bend is busier this winter than usual. All those people from the city hiding out down here.

Part of our screening process is to ask travel. Not just out of province but out of area and specifically to (pre lock down anyway) grey zones. Toronto peel, Ottawa and winsor area.

We ask that customer adhere to a ten day waiting period before having us come out after they have travelled to any of these zones.

Today a lady (with a 416 cell number) gave me attitude and told me I had no business asking where she had travelled from.

Did you bend her over like a shot gun...? Lol and fix her appliance of course

Ponyryd
01-08-2021, 12:19 AM
Business as usual in Windsor.....well, in my areas of travel at least, don’t go downtown unless I absolutely have to.

Zutz2v
01-08-2021, 06:40 AM
I’m working in Niagara Falls. I travel from Maple there and back every day and the highway is busy as hell. I leave at 530am and it’s still busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbriann
01-08-2021, 07:46 AM
Yes people traveling, good indicator is when someone at Port Elgin Walmart asking where the washrooms are...locals normally know where washrooms are...

5.4MarkVIII
01-08-2021, 08:23 AM
Did you bend her over like a shot gun...? Lol and fix her appliance of course

the conversation went from there directly to how it was the water supply line on her fridge that was leaking, which when I informed her, no that would not be warranty since one it was part of house plumbing and two the fridge was 9 years old. she said there is no way she is paying a dime LG is going to pay because it flooded her kitchen.

I said have a good day. she didnt get her water line fixed.

83 5.0
01-08-2021, 08:47 AM
I have been working at Sunnybrook Hospital yesterday and today, usually during normal times, 1.5-2 hrs, less than 45 minutes from Oakville going down the Gardiner.

hammerhead
01-08-2021, 09:00 AM
I’m working in Niagara Falls. I travel from Maple there and back every day and the highway is busy as hell. I leave at 530am and it’s still busy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's always busy out by the falls - beautiful and reasonably priced golf courses but a pain in the ass to get too - whenever I've gone out that way never knew how much time to give myself - i was either way to early or late...lol

Laffs
01-08-2021, 10:08 AM
Business as usual in Windsor.....well, in my areas of travel at least, don’t go downtown unless I absolutely have to.

Honestly the roads seem busier than ever here

RedSN
01-08-2021, 11:51 AM
....don’t go downtown unless I absolutely have to.
That is sound advice ...even in normal times.

Especially here. I avoid downtown TO like the plague.

Quicksilver
01-08-2021, 12:48 PM
the conversation went from there directly to how it was the water supply line on her fridge that was leaking, which when I informed her, no that would not be warranty since one it was part of house plumbing and two the fridge was 9 years old. she said there is no way she is paying a dime LG is going to pay because it flooded her kitchen.

I said have a good day. she didnt get her water line fixed.

Never fails to amaze me what we get blamed for. Some years ago I put a deck on a friend's father's house. THREE years later they had an infestation of fire ants under the deck so of course it was my fault and they demanded we pay for the exterminators.
I've had all sorts of Karens over the years. I oughta write a book!

Zippy
01-08-2021, 06:14 PM
They aren't staying home cause covid, it's just too freaking cold out. lol!

Gr8Stang
01-09-2021, 06:26 PM
Ghost town! So I guess the increasing infections in T.O. are coming from outside of Downtown? Is it Lockdown week # 6 or 7 now for T.O.? It's all becoming a blur.....