PDA

View Full Version : Insuring a Modded Mustang

Harbinger
01-07-2021, 11:03 PM
Does anyone know of any insurance companies that insure modded mustangs that are daily driven for pleasure and to work ? Example: If I super charged a GT , Mach 1 etc.

Sent from my SM-N960W using Tapatalk

hammerhead
01-07-2021, 11:51 PM
Shhh! Mums the word

Zutz2v
01-08-2021, 06:41 AM
Does anyone know of any insurance companies that insure modded mustangs that are daily driven for pleasure and to work ? Example: If I super charged a GT , Mach 1 etc.

Do what I did. Just say it’s old and claim not mods. 500/yr with hagerty. Then again I don’t daily mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harbinger
01-08-2021, 08:09 AM
I prefer being honest. The last** thing I need is denied coverage due to misrepresentation.

Laffs
01-08-2021, 10:04 AM
Do what I did. Just say it’s old and claim not mods. 500/yr with hagerty. Then again I don’t daily mine.

If you don't daily it why not claim the mods with Hagerty? Mine is full insured for all my modifications and agreed value replacement is something like 25k on mine and I don't pay much more than you do. Also I have no fear about a claim denial because they know exactly what my car is.

I prefer being honest. The last** thing I need is denied coverage due to misrepresentation.

I am unaware of any such policy designed for a daily use heavily modified vehicle.

Harbinger
01-08-2021, 10:37 AM
This solidifies my need to get a 03 or 04 cobra since it comes super charged

WidowrRacing
01-08-2021, 10:59 AM
Echelon insurance....you just need an appraisal done.

Gabe
01-08-2021, 02:14 PM
Echelon insurance....you just need an appraisal done.

Are you sure? I am with Echelon and they specifically stated it could not be driven to work, may be a different category of coverage though so not sure.
I am switching to Royal Sun and Alliance this upcoming as they will insure with the roll bar, may want to check with them.

My broker is Zehr insurance (they do both Echelon and RSA), good service with them

MUSTANGWOP
01-08-2021, 03:45 PM
I agree with Laffs, the OP is going to have a hard time finding insurance for ALL of the following. If you remove a few of your requirements, you'll have better luck I feel.

- modded
- daily driven
- driven to work
- pleasure use

Harbinger
01-08-2021, 04:54 PM
Whats the point of having a mustang if I cant fully enjoy it every day

Gr8Stang
01-08-2021, 05:12 PM
For my 08 GT500 I'm paying a little over $700/yr. with Bel-air. It actually turns out to be about half that, since I store the car for winters and only need fire/theft left on the policy.

I have it classified as pleasure use, but have driven it in the summer to work a couple times. The downside of using Bel-Air is that they won't provide the 19A waiver (appraised value coverage) like Haggerty, Echelon and some others do....which means if the car ever gets written off, I'm not going to get anywhere near what it could be sold for. So a bit of gamble to be sure.

in 2.5 years, I'll be able to get the classic car coverage/19A waiver thru Zehr...which I think I'll do.

Zutz2v
01-08-2021, 11:31 PM
Whats the point of having a mustang if I cant fully enjoy it every day

Be realistic, are you really going to daily a Terminator mid December ? Cause if the answer is yes then who cares what you declare on the car, it’s going to be garbage at the end.

Harbinger
01-08-2021, 11:35 PM
Be realistic, are you really going to daily a Terminator mid December ? Cause if the answer is yes then who cares what you declare on the car, it’s going to be garbage at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkWith the exception of winter

BAB CObra
01-09-2021, 12:33 PM
Haggerty insures my fobra for daily...not that I ever even drive it but it's insured.

Zippy
01-09-2021, 01:06 PM
I don't think Haggerty insures any car for daily use.

Harbinger
01-09-2021, 01:09 PM
Haggerty insures my fobra for daily...not that I ever even drive it but it's insured.They denied insuring my mach 1 as a daily to work outright. Unless they changed their policy.

Harbinger
01-09-2021, 01:12 PM
With the exception of winter

Sent from my SM-N960W using TapatalkI wish I can daily a mustang through winter without it rusting out and falling apart. To me it would be the ultimate daily enjoyment. My mach 1 has never seen winter. I wish they built cars that can be immune to salt snd brine. Oh well.

xeninworx
01-09-2021, 01:17 PM
I drive my V6 all year round. It’s just a V6, nothing special about it. If had a Boss302, Shelby or Mach1, it would be stored. Those are the special ones. I do keep my car clean and rust proofed as I plan to keep it for a long time.

ZR
01-09-2021, 03:33 PM
Oiled every fall n regular washes throughout the winter, several peeps here have very clean Mustangs that have been daily driven all year.

Harbinger
01-09-2021, 10:33 PM
Oiled every fall n regular washes throughout the winter, several peeps here have very clean Mustangs that have been daily driven all year.

Don't tempt me with the Mach 1 lol It's hard enough waiting for winter to F-off

1quikgt
01-16-2021, 11:41 AM
I have my cutlass with Hagerty. I’m allowed to drive it to work a few times a month which I do. Full coverage plus I get to keep the car if it’s totalled, 380/yr. It’s not a daily driver though.

gsoukaris
01-20-2021, 09:46 PM
Echelon insurance....you just need an appraisal done.I use the same for my GT. Got an appraisal for my benefit, glad I did, but Echelon offered a policy on an agreed value.
Also, I'm limited to 5,000km/yr.

I pay $420/year.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Stephen06GT
01-27-2021, 09:34 AM

I don't believe you. ;)

ZR
01-27-2021, 12:07 PM
Once Ross scrubbed off the years n years of Krown (or was it Rust Check) amazing how well preserved n clean the car still was.