PDA

View Full Version : Get well soon Mike Murillo

Chinga
01-26-2021, 01:57 PM
Apparently he has been in the hospital with the Rona. From his FB page:

Hi everyone. It’s the beginning of day 5 here in ICU and I just wanted to take a minute to tell every single one of you that I am reading your messages and feeling your overwhelming prayers and massive love sent ❤️ ❤️ .
This by far is the hardest most grueling battle that I have ever been in in my long action packed life. It’s an emotional roller coaster ride with your body, mind and spirit.
I am taking small round wins at a time here and there but thank goodness there’s a multi time losers bracket because I have lost a few also. Yesterday was a bad morning but got better towards day in. I wake up every morning @ 330am to a blood draw and daily tests. They have already done a plasma transfusion, multiple steroid treatments, IV anti virus and even some trial stuff on me. The nurses here are REALLY on top of me and taking care of me. I’m hooked up to all sorts of monitors and wires that I’m constantly getting wrapped up in and getting rescued like a bad extension cord 😆
The whole key right now is staying off the ventilator 🚫 but in order to do so my lungs have to continue to recover so I can get off this high flow heated oxygen machine (sounds like a FuelTech part) which is 1 step above.
There are so many sick patients here on same ground level floor and it breaks my heart watching their families outside my window putting flowers and cards on their loved ones windows just outside.
I ask that you take a minute and read my words. This is not just any virus. Not everyone can “just get through it”. I’ve been sick since the 12th of this month and tbh the only thing I was focusing on was the fever and flu like symptoms that just make you feel bad. What I wasn’t thinking about was what this virus was slowly, silently and methodically doing to my lungs in the background while I’m just worried about getting a fever and body aches to go away. I just didn’t realize how much trouble I was in until possibly too late. It’s had a several day head start assault on my body when I should have come in much sooner.
I tell you this not to scare you but if it does it should. God knows I’m not the healthiest (I am sexy tho) 52 yr old drag racer but I’m also not the worst. This ain’t no joke folks so please for your family, friends and all those people that love each and everyone of you ... mask up, stay healthy and take precautions.
Nobody and I mean NOBODY wants to be dropped off at the front door to an emergency room just to walk in alone and wonder if you will ever get to touch or hug your family ever again.
Please continue your prayers for Willam and Lisa. Please keep the good vibes coming. I truly love and appreciate every single one of you.

CON VERT
01-26-2021, 02:00 PM
Speedy Recovery !

mavrrrick
01-26-2021, 04:26 PM
Get well soon brother!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZR
01-26-2021, 04:55 PM
Speedy n full recovery.

bbriann
01-26-2021, 05:06 PM
Just watch the last race he participated in...while working from home.

Scrape
01-26-2021, 05:58 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery! Everyone else please stay home and stay safe.

Chinga
01-29-2021, 11:09 AM
Update

From someone who knows Mike wrote:

"Heard from Mike today and he said he's doing better and hopes to be out of the hospital this weekend. He said he's on a low oxygen machine and doing better."

ZR
01-29-2021, 02:24 PM
Best of news.

Laffs
01-29-2021, 06:13 PM
He's out of Hospital

bbriann
01-29-2021, 06:58 PM
He's out of Hospital
That's great news he is such a nice guy!!!

Das 5.0
01-29-2021, 07:53 PM
Great news !

Scrape
01-29-2021, 09:24 PM
Great news.