PDA

View Full Version : Sim Rigs

StAnger
02-16-2021, 11:10 AM
Since there seems to be a bunch of us Sim Racers here, I was wondering what everyone's set up is. I need to get something other than a broken ass office chair, because running 80 lappers at Daytona last week got uncomfortable pretty quickly.... Though I did manage 2 wins.

I did a quick search, but couldn't find anything.

Zippy
02-16-2021, 03:44 PM
Way back when I bought a used setup off of someone on Kijiji. Paid $900 for a complete G27 setup on a raceroom rig. Over the years I've upgraded the equipment from Simulation1. They are in Markham. Decent prices and good customer service.

If you watch FB marketplace & Kijiji, people sell used sim stuff all the time. There are acouple of rigs for sale right now.
Prices are all over the map, so it's good to get yourself educated on what things are worth, people want 9/10 of what something is brand new.

This was my second version of my setup. Single 27inch monitor with all fanatec stuff.
Edit: I'm looking for a way to upgrade my seat. It unbolts from my frame, so trying to figure out a way to mount my Sparco fixed back seat to it.

Zippy
02-16-2021, 03:48 PM
My current setup. New 49inch curved screen with a keyboard tray. Also added some more support brackets to make the rig more solid feeling. Need to make a new bracket for my shifter. It currently isnt usable as it hits my dashboard. However I rarely am using my shifter as all I've been driving lately if paddle shift.

Zippy
02-16-2021, 03:49 PM

StAnger
02-16-2021, 05:07 PM
That looks way more comfortable.

I'm also wondering if I'm losing time because my chair keeps moving when I hit the brakes.

Zippy
02-16-2021, 06:42 PM
That looks way more comfortable.

I'm also wondering if I'm losing time because my chair keeps moving when I hit the brakes.

What pedals do you have? I know when I switched to the fanatec V3 pedals from my G27... that's when I noticed my rig to start to become flimsy. Slamming on the brakes picked up the whole rig. LOL

Zippy
02-16-2021, 06:44 PM
Side note, if you aren't sure what kind of sim rig you want, Simulation 1 has a big show room and has probably... 15+ rigs set up there. From price point stuff to big dollar stuff. Not sure with covid how he's letting people in, but might be something to reach out and see. Sitting in a rig might make it easier to pull the trigger.

Here's a link to his website

https://www.simulation1.ca/

Those are in Canadian prices so you can get idea of what stuff costs.

StAnger
02-16-2021, 09:08 PM
What pedals do you have? I know when I switched to the fanatec V3 pedals from my G27... that's when I noticed my rig to start to become flimsy. Slamming on the brakes picked up the whole rig. LOL

I have a G29. I've actually been looking at building a DIY setup with hydraulic brakes and clutch.

Zippy
02-16-2021, 09:58 PM
I have a G29. I've actually been looking at building a DIY setup with hydraulic brakes and clutch.

From my experience, the cooler stuff doesn't necessarily make you any faster, but it certainly adds a lot of immersion. Makes it feel closer to driving the real thing.
No regrets at all stepping up to the stuff i have now. even though it costs an arm and a leg lol

xeninworx
02-17-2021, 08:07 AM
https://www.gtomega.ca/

This company has many rigs. They also have a wheel stand by itself where you can get a seat attachment to make it like a rig. You can also pair it with one of their seats. I have their classic wheel stand. It’s very sturdy. For some reason, I wasn’t charged taxes and shipping was free and it shipped from the UK.

StAnger
02-17-2021, 02:31 PM
From my experience, the cooler stuff doesn't necessarily make you any faster, but it certainly adds a lot of immersion. Makes it feel closer to driving the real thing.
No regrets at all stepping up to the stuff i have now. even though it costs an arm and a leg lol

I'm not expecting to be faster with it, just the sense of accomplishment of making something on my own.

Which is part of why I'm even considering the DIY option for the rig itself. I've been toying with the idea of just building something I could use with my current desk.

StAnger
02-19-2021, 11:49 AM
Are these pedals any good?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fanatec-CSL-Elite-Pedals-W-Load-Cell-Kit/333889058395?hash=item4dbd56b65b:g:sZ0AAOSwHExgKDC f

Zippy
02-19-2021, 05:18 PM
Are these pedals any good?

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Fanatec-CSL-Elite-Pedals-W-Load-Cell-Kit/333889058395?hash=item4dbd56b65b:g:sZ0AAOSwHExgKDC f

No experience with them. Fanatec stuff is so hit or miss. You either love there products or you hate them.
Many of my teammates don't go near fanatec where the other half of my teammates have been using there same stuff for many many years.

StAnger
02-19-2021, 05:47 PM
No experience with them. Fanatec stuff is so hit or miss. You either love there products or you hate them.
Many of my teammates don't go near fanatec where the other half of my teammates have been using there same stuff for many many years.

Guess I'd better keep researching. I do think the pedals are holding me back, I can't brake consistently.

Zippy
02-19-2021, 05:50 PM
Maybe take the wheels off of your chair so you aren't sliding around when you brake? LOL
:stickpoke:

StAnger
02-19-2021, 06:02 PM
Maybe take the wheels off of your chair so you aren't sliding around when you brake? LOL
:stickpoke:

:spitcoffee: