PDA

View Full Version : Home depot

Hutch
02-16-2021, 04:12 PM
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know if there is a way to get something from a homedepot in the states? With the boarders closed I can’t just run over obviously. I need to get a small tool box for at the shop and won’t leave my good box there anymore. The 46” boxes here are fairly crap. Single top drawer sliders, 18.5” depth. The American version has double top drawer sliders, 24” depth and a built in power bar (which is handy) for about the same price with exchange.

Gabe
02-16-2021, 04:47 PM
They probably have free shipping in the US. I would use www.crossborderpickups.ca and pick it up in Markham or Mississauga, or they will ship to you once in Canada if you are further away

Quicksilver
02-16-2021, 05:54 PM
Look through Amazon, or go to the Pro Deck at Home Depot

Hutch
02-16-2021, 07:53 PM
Look through Amazon, or go to the Pro Deck at Home Depot

Can the pro-desk get USA homedepot stuff? Edit: called them. They said they can’t get anything on the homedepot.com website

redo75
02-16-2021, 09:58 PM
Heard through the grape-vine that Harbour Freight tool box stuff has come up a lot.
May be worth a look.

Hutch
02-17-2021, 06:43 PM
Heard through the grape-vine that Harbour Freight tool box stuff has come up a lot.
May be worth a look.

I’d be interested in one of them also but I can’t get one here!

Gabe
02-17-2021, 06:54 PM
I have been using a 42” harbour freight tool box for a number of years, no complaints for my intermittent use

ZR
02-18-2021, 09:10 AM
Cross Border Pickups have been terrific to use (Markham).

redo75
02-18-2021, 11:43 AM
Problem seems to be finding a U.S. retailer willing to ship. Need to get them to "ship" it to the Cross Border Pickup.
Had big problems 10~12 yrs ago with U.S. Sears not willing to ship us large Craftsman tool kits using a "Canadian" credit card.
Even rented a U.S. postal box in Pt Huron Mich., still issues.
Needed a few phone calls to "clear issues" with some phone dummies (nice clean version) that we weren't defrauding them.

[

JZ67
02-18-2021, 05:43 PM
Not to highjack your thread.

Had to run over to the local Home Depot in Pickering today to finalize a return. No line up and the place was packed at 1pm. May have well been a Saturday in May 2019. Surely not following any guidelines. Lockdown 3 coming soon.

92redragtop
02-18-2021, 06:46 PM
Problem seems to be finding a U.S. retailer willing to ship. Need to get them to "ship" it to the Cross Border Pickup.
Had big problems 10~12 yrs ago with U.S. Sears not willing to ship us large Craftsman tool kits using a "Canadian" credit card.
Even rented a U.S. postal box in Pt Huron Mich., still issues.
Needed a few phone calls to "clear issues" with some phone dummies (nice clean version) that we weren't defrauding them.

[

First 4 numbers on your credit card identifies which country and bank it's from. I can help if needed - give me the cash and I can order using a US-based credit card to ship to CBP. Run into this occasionally where the shopping carts won't deal with foreign cards so it's handy to have credit card issued by a US bank.

USAWIT2
02-18-2021, 07:36 PM
Could you not use PayPal? I believe HD accepts it, you can just change your ship to address on PayPal to your CBP address.
That's how I do it with my orders from LMR.

Gabe
02-19-2021, 10:20 AM
I don't find the foreign CC thing to be a problem anymore, was occasionally 5-7 years ago, but nobody seems to care anymore in my experience.
Maximum Motorsport has a section on their webpage for Canadian customers that they will not ship to a drop box, will not accept non US CC # etc and they have taken several of my orders and shipped to CBP for me

But, also agree that paypal would resolve the issue

Hutch
02-19-2021, 11:34 PM
I don't find the foreign CC thing to be a problem anymore, was occasionally 5-7 years ago, but nobody seems to care anymore in my experience.
Maximum Motorsport has a section on their webpage for Canadian customers that they will not ship to a drop box, will not accept non US CC # etc and they have taken several of my orders and shipped to CBP for me

Same here. I haven’t had an issue for years using my Canadian MasterCard. The issue for me is I can’t actually get the stuff I want from the store! I have looked the USgeneral tool boxes and they seem to be fairly decent. But again I can’t get one. I want their 44” model. I had a snap on epic 68” for years. It’s 30” deep. Amazing box and top quality but just not needed anymore as I don’t wrench everyday now. So I want something smaller to keep at the shop.

I ended up buying the 52”, 18” deep,box from Home Depot on promo for $398. I’ll see how it holds up. I don’t have high hopes though. But if it gets wrecked or damaged I won’t care now.

92redragtop
02-20-2021, 02:23 AM

Depends on the company - Panasonic USA wouldn't accept a Canadian credit card for a TV - had to use the US card to buy it.

Oppy
06-30-2021, 12:46 AM
It's interesting. Due to the lockdown, I have several times faced with the refusal of the delivery companies to fulfill my order or significant delays. My friend advised me not to use the services of standard delivery companies, but helped me find a site where moving companies (https://www.topmove.ca/moving-companies) in Canada are registered, which offer a lot of services for the transportation of any cargo. You only need to select such offers (this can be easily done using filters for searching on the site) and compare them. By the way, with the help of such aggregator portals of the offers of any product or service, you have a chance to save your time and money.