PDA

View Full Version : Action camera advice needed .

95GT_VERT
03-10-2021, 07:58 PM
I've decided that I want to start recording videos of me dirtbiking , drag racing or anything else myself and the family are doing . What cameras, like the Go Pro for example, are really good ? I want a really clean videos without vibrations causing distortions. Any experiences you can share ?

ZR
03-10-2021, 10:37 PM
​Interested as well.

Redfire427
03-11-2021, 09:31 AM
I have used GoPros for close to 20 years and have always been happy. The video quality is awesome but sound can be an issue. I think the one I currently have is a Hero5 black edition and I believe the current offering is a Hero 8 so I can only imagine that they have gotten even better. The thing I like the most about my current one is the ability to completely control the camera through the GoPro app. You can set anything you want and also playback anything you have recorded. The previous generation cameras, you have to either download the flash card, or watch the playback on a one inch screen. I’m sure that there are many other good sports cameras out there, or Chinese knock offs of the GoPro, but I would stick with the originals. Image stabilization is a feature you can turn on and off for buttery smooth video. There are occasions where you don’t want it.

Carmen