PDA

View Full Version : QEW Ford Drive/403 eastbound exitat Ford Plant shoddy design.

83 5.0
03-26-2021, 06:13 PM
For those who have been travelling to Toronto on the QEW have probably noticed the huge congestion and confusion of how this exit is suppose to work. Even in the morning it is sometimes backed up to Dorval, which never happened before.
The old ramp use to take both the Ford Drive and 403 on 2 lanes and it flowed very nicely, now all the new bridges and separate exits just causes a lot of traffic chaos.
I was hoping with all this work (really don't know what has been accomplished with all this realignment) there would be a Westbound ramp added to have traffic access the 403, so you could get to the 407 without exiting at Winston Churchill, and a ramp from the 403 to the eastbound QEW.
A lot of money spent for nothing as far as I can see.
My Friday night rant after seeing this again tonight after coming from Hamilton.

newbiestangowner
03-26-2021, 06:31 PM
Agree with you, I was mentioning this last week to Pops that it was better before, I think the new design uses 1 lane(far right) before it goes to 2., get that bottle neck in far right then those budders from the center lane- hate that commute now from Burlington

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CDNfyrfytr
03-26-2021, 07:52 PM
I took the wrong exit last time up there...so confusing

newbiestangowner
03-26-2021, 08:14 PM
I took the wrong exit last time up there...so confusing

So you took detour Ford drive[emoji1787]

.. I know someone that did as well( wink wink)

CDNfyrfytr
03-26-2021, 08:19 PM
Nope, drove right past cause the other exit was still closed but the sign said it was open...so pissed!

83 5.0
03-26-2021, 08:45 PM
It seems the tow trucks are hovering this area, as people at the last minute realize they are exiting at Ford drive, and swerve back 2 lanes, causing some fender benders. Probably the worst lane realignments in the GTA I can recall. There never was an issue with the old alignment. Traffic I feel is around 60-75 % of normal, can only get worse.
Funny thing, got an email from Effie Triantafilopoulos our MPP promoting the new spend until the bank is empty budget, so I replied maybe the Conservatives could save some cash by maybe not reinventing the wheel on this situation. My grandson with his Thomas the Tank Engine setup, makes more efficient settings.