PDA

View Full Version : Vaccination, who's received it and which one?

Pages : [1] 2

ZR
03-29-2021, 08:56 PM
With all the uncertainty over the AstraZeneca version, where does your comfort level fall?
With the govt flip flopping back and forth regarding what age group it's safe for, wtf is a person to think is safe for them?

hammerhead
03-29-2021, 09:02 PM
Honestly Rick I am not keen on the 16 week extension- those fuckers let the medical community run the country for the last year and decided to take control on the most important decision- I will be the last person vaccinated and will only do the one dose...

ZR
03-29-2021, 09:09 PM
When it was announced two weeks ago I was eligible, before I was even aware received phone calls from two different family members alerting me to possible issue for peeps either susceptible or currently dealing with blood clot issues. Quick Google search and I was thinking there's no way I'm stepping up and getting poked (currently dealing with current / post Pulmonary embolism issues). Now they've flopped saying safe for those over 55 reporting most issues for women of that age or younger with a staggering mortality rate if they do have an issue. There are times I can almost tolerate the govt talking outta 16 sides of the same mouth but this ain't it.

Old Fart
03-29-2021, 09:23 PM
As a retired public health officer, it's difficult for me to say this, but I'm waiting till the dust settles. Like you said above, too many flip-flops and with my past strokes, I don't want to chance it. If I was working, that opinion might change. It might also change if I was located in an area where a lot of people don't give a f*** and the chance of catching covid is higher. I am content with my current prevention practices and I try to stay away from people.

My son will be getting the vaccine since his nursing program requires it in order to complete his 4th year. Our health Unit is using the Moderna vaccine

R3troGT
03-29-2021, 09:31 PM
I am not in the least interested in getting any of them

RedSN
03-29-2021, 11:12 PM
Birth control pills have a higher record of blood clot complications than any of the COVID vaccines, yet they are administered freely.
However..... if I had a history of blood clots, I would be very cautious and seek professional medical advice, not internet speculation.

My personal comfort level is high as I’ve never had any adverse reactions to traditional medications/vaccines.

92redragtop
03-30-2021, 01:34 AM
My wife has had the Moderna (along with all her co-workers and all the seniors in their retirement facility (independent living/retirement community).....maybe 250 people between employees and seniors (and I believe all the other homes in their national network has received the vaccine with no issues - they're one of the large national companies in the retirement plus LTC homes business so thousands of employees and seniors), my friend's senior parent's and brother have had the Pfizer shots, and some doctors/healthcare workers in our family, with no issues. I would personally be fine with either Moderna or Pfizer. I'd be hesitant about Astra Zeneca given the related news but that said, I'm not in any high risk/co-morbidity groups so push come to shove I'd probably be fine with it although preference is with the first two.

mavrrrick
03-30-2021, 06:37 AM
I have no underlying health issues, but I think I’m gonna wait till dust settles as well. I don’t trust information we are being given-to much bs has been thrown around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chinga
03-30-2021, 06:57 AM
I am not in the least interested in getting any of them

Ditto.

FABMAN
03-30-2021, 07:16 AM
I have no underlying health issues, but I think I’m gonna wait till dust settles as well. I don’t trust information we are being given-to much bs has been thrown around.

+1 totally agree with Mav on this one. I don’t really trust anything being fed to us.

Once I am forced to go get it (once work travel resumes) then I will only consider the Moderna or Pfizer options.

5.4MarkVIII
03-30-2021, 07:32 AM
I think its absolutely Stupid that so many younger healthy people have been given any vaccine just because they "work" in the health care field (many who are in administration and work from home, and are no where near any patients) while people like my Mom who is in her 60's and had type two diabetes and is still currently dealing with cancer bullshit, is being told that she is not yet eligible.

I also think its absolute bullshit that so many people who where standing up and preaching how we all need to make sacrifices, justifying bankrupting thousands of people with lockdowns with not a single care for the lives or livelihoods of the business owners effected, saying repeatedly to trust the health experts, over a virus with an extremely low mortality rate for the majority of the population are now refusing to take a vaccine, that has an extremely low mortality rate, going against what the health experts are saying. which is only going to prolong this for everyone.

nothing like putting on a mask and locking down, both things that statistical did very little to stop the spread around the world. but refuse to take the vaccine that can actually fix this

Uncle Buck
03-30-2021, 08:21 AM
I got the Moderna shot yesterday. No issues s far.

I'm comfortable with getting it and glad to do my part to crush this horrible virus. Looking forward to shaking everyone's hand again over a pint or coffee.

bluetoy
03-30-2021, 09:53 AM
Just to be clear here. The Vaccines DO NOT prevent you from getting or spreading Covid. They reduce your risk and reduce the severity of the virus if you happen to catch it. Get the Vaccine if you want. Still be cautious.

G-ForceJunkie
03-30-2021, 04:56 PM
Just to be clear here. The Vaccines DO NOT prevent you from getting or spreading Covid. They reduce your risk and reduce the severity of the virus if you happen to catch it. Get the Vaccine if you want. Still be cautious.
What's your source for this? My understanding is the studies are still on-going with respect to COVID transmission with vaccinated individuals.

bluetoy
03-30-2021, 05:48 PM
What's your source for this? My understanding is the studies are still on-going with respect to COVID transmission with vaccinated individuals.

Ok I misread that page. I have seen it in other studies. The vaccine is not 100% effective and doesn't guarantee you will not catch or transmit Covid. Get the vaccine. It does not mean you are immune. Message here is be careful even if you get the shots.

Here read this one. Don't run around and think you are immune and are not a threat to others. It's not there yet. It's a start.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19-so-what-can-you-safely-do-2021032522230

Old Fart
03-30-2021, 07:06 PM
It's the same with all vaccines.

RedSN
03-30-2021, 07:13 PM
Where on that page does it say getting the vaccine will NOT “prevent you from getting or spreading Covid”?

Uncle Buck
03-30-2021, 07:17 PM
I smell a black flag coming. Lol

RedSN
03-30-2021, 07:23 PM
Naw, aw, don’t do that. It was a serious question. I read the entire Health Canada page listed, and I must of missed the part about the Covid vaccine not preventing you from contracting the disease. I mean, it’s kinda what vaccines do, otherwise what’s the point?

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease.[1] A vaccine typically contains an agent that resembles a disease-causing microorganism and is often made from weakened or killed forms of the microbe, its toxins, or one of its surface proteins. The agent stimulates the body's immune system to recognize the agent as a threat, destroy it, and to further recognize and destroy any of the microorganisms associated with that agent that it may encounter in the future.

The effectiveness of vaccination has been widely studied and verified

Old Fart
03-30-2021, 08:06 PM
Naw, aw, don’t do that. It was a serious question. I read the entire Health Canada page listed, and I must of missed the part about the Covid vaccine not preventing you from contracting the disease. I mean, it’s kinda what vaccines do, otherwise what’s the point?

No vaccine is 100% effective. They are saying that the covid vaccine is about 95% effective. So that means that 5% of us will not be protected and can catch the disease. If the vaccine is effective for a person, that person can still spread it to others.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/yes-you-can-still-get-infected-with-covid-19-after-being-vaccinated-here-s-why-1.5259495

RedSN
03-30-2021, 08:16 PM
95% efficacy is outstanding.
Most flu vaccines are around 40%-60%

that means that 5% of us will not be protected and can catch the disease.
You’d have to catch it from an anti-vaxer, because the rest of us 95 percenters wouldn’t have the virus.

Hutch
03-30-2021, 08:23 PM
My wife is a labour and delivery nurse and has got the Pfizer shots. She is but felt a little more on the tires side for a while afterwards. She really researched it and talked to many friends that are doctors. After that she felt it was a good choice to get it. I really think everyone needs to try and do there part but you need to do what works best for you. I will get one when I can to try and help get things back to somewhat normal.
A co worker of mine got it from a guy he does side jobs with. His entire family immediately got it from him. He said it was the worst 2 weeks of his life. He’ll get the vaccine when he can to not go though that again.

5.4MarkVIII
03-30-2021, 08:25 PM
yes no vaccine is 100% effective. but what other virus to we vaccinate people for and then still force them to stay home? influenza vaccines are usualy around only 60% effective however we dont force people to stay away from care homes and hospitals once they have been injected.

its 100% idiocy and anti science for governments to keep people restricted after they get the shot. and likewise for people to not get the shot if available.

and our government today talking about posable lockdowns again.

the single best way to promote and increase vaccine hesitancy is to keep people locked up after they get the shot. what's the point in the shot them?

worst part is EVERY SINGLE death from these new variances that are effecting people younger than the base virus is 100% the fault of our idiot government and every single person that defended and promoted lockdowns. having caught the virus is proving to be as good if not better than the vaccine and had then just let the younger low risk population live their lives the first time. those people would now have a built in immunity to these more dangerous variants. this is what happens when we ignore the science and the medical experts that are actually in the field working in favor of political driven idiots.

RedSN
03-30-2021, 11:13 PM
Ok I misread that page. I have seen it in other studies. The vaccine is not 100% effective and doesn't guarantee you will not catch or transmit Covid. Get the vaccine. It does not mean you are immune. Message here is be careful even if you get the shots.

Here read this one. Don't run around and think you are immune and are not a threat to others. It's not there yet. It's a start.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/fully-vaccinated-against-covid-19-so-what-can-you-safely-do-2021032522230
Thank you. Your edit is much more clear and concise about getting your point across. The point is well taken: until there is a larger number of vaccinated people there is still a risk (because no vaccine is 100%). This risk goes way down as more people are vaccinated, but until then, stay the course.

from your new link:

Many more people need to be vaccinated before we achieve sufficient community immunity. Until that happens, you still can pass the virus to others, even if you are fully vaccinated.

RedSN
03-30-2021, 11:36 PM
its 100% idiocy and anti science
Where did you get that figure from?

5.4MarkVIII
03-31-2021, 07:27 AM
Where did you get that figure from?

based on Israel's real world numbers after a set number of days and one shot they are seeing a 90 % efficiency and something like a 95% drop in deaths.

so based on the science there is no reason for the government to keep a vaccinated person under restrictions. doing so only causes people to not bother getting vaccinated. there for it's 100% idiocy and 100% anti science.

how many people here saying they would not get the vaccine would change their mind if it meant life as usual once they had it?

i remember when being an anti vaxer was a bad thing

hammerhead
03-31-2021, 08:33 AM
There's still too many unanswered questions surrounding the circumstances but everyone has closed their minds on vaccination - i.e. why aren't old people in homes aloud out - why are we building a vaccine facility when in it won't be needed when its complete - why do vaccinated still need masks - is it going to be a yearly process - if you listen to what the leaders aren't telling us it raises a lot of uncertainty - to have someone without credentials who has nothing but time on their hands to read all the bs from around the world all day, then call everyone else an idiot cause for some reason their understanding supersedes the rest and trumps all is kinda Trump like.

Screw
03-31-2021, 08:39 AM
No interest in an emergency vaccine

5.4MarkVIII
03-31-2021, 09:25 AM
There's still too many unanswered questions surrounding the circumstances but everyone has closed their minds on vaccination - i.e. why aren't old people in homes aloud out - why are we building a vaccine facility when in it won't be needed when its complete - why do vaccinated still need masks - is it going to be a yearly process - if you listen to what the leaders aren't telling us it raises a lot of uncertainty - to have someone without credentials who has nothing but time on their hands to read all the bs from around the world all day, then call everyone else an idiot cause for some reason their understanding supersedes the rest and trumps all is kinda Trump like.

I’m old enough to remember when people where called idiots and intelligence was questioned right here in this site for questioning masks and lockdowns.

Now those same people are saying they won’t take a vaccine that has far better science backing it than masks and lock downs did.

Call it Tump like but I’m tired of the bs hypocrisy where it’s okay for some people do do something but not okay for others.

The science backs the vaccines if people don’t want them then fine but then we need to end this mask and lock down BS and let people get back to their lives.

Mellow Yellow
03-31-2021, 09:42 AM
I haven't had any vaccine in the last 40 years. Not starting now.

Gabe
03-31-2021, 10:20 AM
My sister has received the Moderna (she is a personal support worker), my mother in law received Moderna (nurse) and my wife's grandfather (96) also received Moderna. My sister had some issues with her arm for a day or so, potentially because of an auto-immune disease she has. Other than that, no issues

As someone with an underlying respiratory issue waiting to have major surgery at Toronto General, I can only hope as many people get this vaccine as possible to limit this third wave and relieve the congestion in the ICU's to allow surgical wards to re-open

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-ontario-march-31-2021-icu-admissions-new-high-1.5970884

hammerhead
03-31-2021, 01:39 PM
this morning on the news a gentleman received one shot and was informed his second dose will be a different brand (he was ok with that) - how is that possible - will they react - 16 weeks between shots - just seems to shoot from the hip for me - I will wait cause if the USA won't approve the astrazeneca but feel it's ok for Canadians I will wait - It's sad the hospital situation, but that wasn't caused from antivaxxers and the roll out is typical of the speed of our government to get things done...not sure why when things open up the hospital rate and cases climb - must be a fluke

bluetoy
03-31-2021, 03:48 PM
Here's my .02. Getting the vaccine is a personal choice and everyone has different reasons for getting or not getting it. Which brand, side effects and availability are all factors. I think it should not be anyone else's business. If you get vax and I don't what difference does it make to you? you are vaxed and wont get sick from me (maybe) and if I get sick from you it's my business. Same goes opposite. If I get vax and you don't it doesn't matter to me. Since I'm fairly safe. If I give it to you well thats your problem. Calling people names and stuff is nonsense. Best idea right here ----> Turn off the news. Stay away from people. Live your life.

P.S. Glad to have you back 5.4MarkVIII

5.4MarkVIII
03-31-2021, 04:29 PM
Here's my .02. Getting the vaccine is a personal choice and everyone has different reasons for getting or not getting it. Which brand, side effects and availability are all factors. I think it should not be anyone else's business. If you get vax and I don't what difference does it make to you? you are vaxed and wont get sick from me (maybe) and if I get sick from you it's my business. Same goes opposite. If I get vax and you don't it doesn't matter to me. Since I'm fairly safe. If I give it to you well thats your problem. Calling people names and stuff is nonsense. Best idea right here ----> Turn off the news. Stay away from people. Live your life.

P.S. Glad to have you back 5.4MarkVIII

funny thing is i agree with you 100%

All I'm doing is acting the exact same way other people were acting when it came to mask and lockdown conversations on this site.

when there was conversations about masks and if they were effective. I remember some people saying that it is a free country and that it should be personal choice. I was told freedom doesn't trump the greater good of the health of others. there were multiple comments regarding intelligence ect. comments about antimaskers. I'm pretty sure there were also comments linking it to conspiracy theories and Qanon.

but now when the situation is reversed. people have a problem with those kind of comments.

if someone is anti mask and anti lockdown and anti vaccine, then i have no issue there, as there is consistency

I have issue with the people that were pro mask and pro lockdown but now not willing to do the one thing that will actually make a difference. sacrifice should not be a one way street.

as for being back... we shall see. i check in every now and then. this post dragged me in. we shall see if the ban hammer starts swinging again

5.4MarkVIII
03-31-2021, 04:41 PM
in regards to the icu and hospital numbers

this is the graph taken directly from Ontario's website. the black line is the ICU numbers. they are not relaying all the info (surprise)

what I was told, from someone who has been working in an ICU with Covid patents. Some people go into the hospital and get on a ventilator for a few days and then get better and move out. However there are a large number of elderly people who, due to the severity of their illness or underlying condition, are not leaving the hospital. They have been left in a state where they cannot return to the care home they were in due to ventilator requirements or other health reasons. Sadly they will most likely remain in the ICU or hospital until they pass. They no longer have the virus and are not contagious but since Covid was the reason for them being immitted, they remain on the count for Covid ICU and hospitalization counts.

apparently ICU capacity is currently only around 20% but the lockdown talk has begun again

Gr8Stang
03-31-2021, 06:21 PM
in regards to the icu and hospital numbers

this is the graph taken directly from Ontario's website. the black line is the ICU numbers. they are not relaying all the info (surprise)

what I was told, from someone who has been working in an ICU with Covid patents. Some people go into the hospital and get on a ventilator for a few days and then get better and move out. However there are a large number of elderly people who, due to the severity of their illness or underlying condition, are not leaving the hospital. They have been left in a state where they cannot return to the care home they were in due to ventilator requirements or other health reasons. Sadly they will most likely remain in the ICU or hospital until they pass. They no longer have the virus and are not contagious but since Covid was the reason for them being immitted, they remain on the count for Covid ICU and hospitalization counts.

apparently ICU capacity is currently only around 20% but the lockdown talk has begun again

I've been watching with Durham Region COVID data reports since the beginning of the Pandemic. In particular the hospitalizations and deaths. There was a slight spike in both during the "2nd wave", but things normalized again. As for deaths, the young people dying has been less then one handful and people 50-69...a total of 26. The oldest bracket 70-95+ have taken the hardest hit (common knowledge). This in a population of 642,000.

Government projections (worst case) have never been even close when it comes to cases/day and hospitalizations.

On the vaccination front, I'm undecided. I'm old school...what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, and I doubt this will be the last of the virus' we all have to worry/contend with. In fact, the gov't has already indicated a yearly shot may become necessary/recommended.

My daughter works in the hospital and has had two shots, both Pfizer. 1st shot, no side affects whatsoever, 2nd shot, she felt fatigued and also had some chills and a sore arm for about 24 hrs. and was then fine.

Anyone else think its interesting that the government decided that they new better then Pfizer/Moderna when it came to just issuing a single shot....and delaying the 2nd beyond what the companies themselves said?

5.4MarkVIII
03-31-2021, 07:42 PM
I've been watching with Durham Region COVID data reports since the beginning of the Pandemic. In particular the hospitalizations and deaths. There was a slight spike in both during the "2nd wave", but things normalized again. As for deaths, the young people dying has been less then one handful and people 50-69...a total of 26. The oldest bracket 70-95+ have taken the hardest hit (common knowledge). This in a population of 642,000.

Government projections (worst case) have never been even close when it comes to cases/day and hospitalizations.

On the vaccination front, I'm undecided. I'm old school...what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger, and I doubt this will be the last of the virus' we all have to worry/contend with. In fact, the gov't has already indicated a yearly shot may become necessary/recommended.

My daughter works in the hospital and has had two shots, both Pfizer. 1st shot, no side affects whatsoever, 2nd shot, she felt fatigued and also had some chills and a sore arm for about 24 hrs. and was then fine.

Anyone else think its interesting that the government decided that they new better then Pfizer/Moderna when it came to just issuing a single shot....and delaying the 2nd beyond what the companies themselves said?

I’d have to look back but if I recall correctly both Pfizer and moderna. Came back and said that real world testing was showing that one shot was good enough for something like 85-90% efficiency and that the second shot would give the 95 plus and could be given as far as 4-6 months away.

IMO this was the move that should have been made sooner.

Yes ideal situation both shots within the best case scenario time frame but since our government is a cluster fuck and the whole roll out thing has been a fail on both provincial and federal levels.

One shot in twice the people is far better right now. Worse case there if they don’t get the other one In time is there person has fairly good immunity right now and then just need to get both shots again later once we know for sure how long the immunity lasts for. By then hopefully supply has caught up.

Ger
03-31-2021, 08:03 PM
Got mine today. No side effects so far but expect the arm to get a bit sore much like a flu shot. Went to Markham as the schedule here in Newmarket was full. Pfizer was on offer. Staff at the Aaniin Community Center was great. Wait time was minimal. In at 3:40 out at 4:00.

johnny5
03-31-2021, 08:03 PM
My sister has received the Moderna (she is a personal support worker), my mother in law received Moderna (nurse) and my wife's grandfather (96) also received Moderna. My sister had some issues with her arm for a day or so, potentially because of an auto-immune disease she has. Other than that, no issues

As someone with an underlying respiratory issue waiting to have major surgery at Toronto General, I can only hope as many people get this vaccine as possible to limit this third wave and relieve the congestion in the ICU's to allow surgical wards to re-open

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/covid-19-ontario-march-31-2021-icu-admissions-new-high-1.5970884

Toronto's ICU cases has not fluctuated much of anything these past couple of weeks/months.

https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19/covid-19-latest-city-of-toronto-news/covid-19-status-of-cases-in-toronto/

I think this is what is driving more antivax ideology than anything else. The numbers they show and preach on the news is contradicted by simply following the numbers on a semi daily basis.

Harbinger
03-31-2021, 08:10 PM
My gf got the Pfizer vaccine as a health care worker. They pushed back the second dose...ridiculous. I'm waiting for a chance at the Pfizer or Moderna since I'm front line as well and essential. I will not take my chances with the Astra vac. Reports show the Pfizer vaccine is very effective in younger persons without adverse effects.

But we can go back and say the Gov fucked up in locking the country down back in March 2020... Should have had a big lock down super tight long enough to get the vaccines before the cases quadrupled. Now with cases going up again i think vaccines are late as fuck...saved people, yes but with reports showing even younger, super healthy adults getting covid and being morbidly affected by it / dying from it is scary. We need more Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for the younger, dumber/narcissistic population that is still partying and congregating, no masking, not social distancing etc.

5.4MarkVIII
03-31-2021, 08:25 PM
We need more Pfizer and Moderna vaccines for the younger, dumber/narcissistic population that is still partying and congregating, no masking, not social distancing etc.

Agree with everything but this. What we SHOULD have done is let these people live their lives for the last year. They would have caught it. Got the sniffles moved on and now would have an built in immunity to the more severe versions.

Gabe
04-01-2021, 09:55 AM
Toronto's ICU cases has not fluctuated much of anything these past couple of weeks/months.

https://www.toronto.ca/home/covid-19/covid-19-latest-city-of-toronto-news/covid-19-status-of-cases-in-toronto/

I think this is what is driving more antivax ideology than anything else. The numbers they show and preach on the news is contradicted by simply following the numbers on a semi daily basis.

I hope you are right, as of right now I have been told surgery by the end of April at the latest (that was 2 months ago), but am on a standby list. I will receive between 1 and 7 days notice of when the surgery is booked for and will be in ICU for a week and the cardiac ward for another.

hammerhead
04-01-2021, 10:09 AM
I hope you are right, as of right now I have been told surgery by the end of April at the latest (that was 2 months ago), but am on a standby list. I will receive between 1 and 7 days notice of when the surgery is booked for and will be in ICU for a week and the cardiac ward for another.

Hey Buddy I hope all works out - I want to hear more about your cycling adventures....and maybe I will get on one again!!

Gabe
04-01-2021, 10:21 AM
Hey Buddy I hope all works out - I want to hear more about your cycling adventures....and maybe I will get on one again!!

Thanks Gerry, going to work out fine. Still riding, albeit at limited capacity these days. My Italy race from last April has been rescheduled for end of September, fingers crossed borders are open for standard travel by then and I get this surgery done before the end of April.

We are planning to do the California coast ride again in January (San Francisco to Santa Barbara in three days), again assuming everything is back to normal

5.4MarkVIII
04-01-2021, 01:45 PM

hope they get you moved threw and back to 100 asap.

my delivery guys wife is waiting on heart surgery as well. keeps getting strung along. she ended up with an infection in her heart valve which moved to her lungs. has been a couple weeks in the hospital but no word on surgery moving up.

my mom got lucky with her cancer stuff but is having some side effects from the removal of limpnodes. she is waiting on a specialist because if it dosnt get addressed soon she could loose use of her arm. unfortunately the specialist phone just says "closed due to covid" and none of her doctors can get ahold of them. the are "looking for other options" she also apparently should be on the list that would have ensured both her and dad were vaccinated by now but was told "a nurse removed her name by mistake" and its apparently impossible to put her name back on the list so she has to wait for the next round

Im still waiting on a reschedule for my carpel tunnel surgery but they said don't expect a call for a couple years at least.

best health care in the world....

Gabe
04-01-2021, 04:04 PM
I am waiting to be having this little "minor" procedure done

https://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/cardiovascular/programs/pulmonary-vascular-disease/pte/pages/understanding-pte-surgery.aspx

5.4MarkVIII
04-01-2021, 04:39 PM
I am waiting to be having this little "minor" procedure done

https://health.ucsd.edu/specialties/cardiovascular/programs/pulmonary-vascular-disease/pte/pages/understanding-pte-surgery.aspx

that sounds...........fun?

RedSN
04-01-2021, 04:48 PM
...cooling the patient’s body to about 64-68 degrees Fahrenheit.
Cool! (Pun intended)

In all seriousness, that does not sound like a pleasant procedure. Hope it goes well.

Gabe
04-01-2021, 04:53 PM
Cool indeed Don!!

Fun...probably not, but being out of breath when walk up a flight of stairs when you exercise 600 hrs a year really sucks. I have a blood clot that has turned to scar tissue about the size of my hand in my lungs, getting it out is an absolute necessity. Pretty rare surgery, a couple years ago it was only being performed about 300x a year in the US, only a couple hospital's in all of Canada do it today. Lucky to live close enough to Toronto General that I can go on a moments notice if a surgical bed opens up. Gonna be joining the zipper club

ZR
04-01-2021, 06:43 PM
Wishing you the very best outcome.

mavrrrick
04-01-2021, 07:14 PM
^^^X2^^^

bluetoy
04-01-2021, 07:24 PM
Ok. I was an "Anti Vaxxer" However I just did the shoppers drug mart online appt thing for my Vax. Why, I have a very close friend who is immune deficient. The thought of passing it to her is something I would not want to live with. I am not afraid of Covid. I am certain I would weather it quite well, But the health of people around me is important. So if I reduce my chance of getting or passing it to save the health of a friend. It's a done deal.

Hutch
04-02-2021, 06:43 PM
Ok. I was an "Anti Vaxxer" However I just did the shoppers drug mart online appt thing for my Vax. Why, I have a very close friend who is immune deficient. The thought of passing it to her is something I would not want to live with. I am not afraid of Covid. I am certain I would weather it quite well, But the health of people around me is important. So if I reduce my chance of getting or passing it to save the health of a friend. It's a done deal.

This is how most people need to think but unfortunately don’t. My mother in-law has respiratory issues so I stay as far away as possibly (not a bad thing most of the time lol) but I really try and keep my kids away. It’s hard on both but I would not want my kids to have to live with the thought that they passed the virus onto her. I don’t know that she would make it. I also don’t want that. I told my wife that as much as you think you wouldn’t, you would slightly always hold that against me if I ended up giving it to her. My brother also has immune deficiency. Both my in-laws got their first shot today thankfully

Zippy
04-03-2021, 08:32 AM

Well said.

Stephen06GT
04-03-2021, 04:48 PM
I signed up at Rexall to get my shot. Now I wait.

Mustang4
04-03-2021, 05:42 PM

My wife did the same on Apr 1 and she just got the shot today.
I signed up today with Rexall and am on the waiting list.

CON VERT
04-03-2021, 06:09 PM
I'm getting mine on Friday ~

92redragtop
04-03-2021, 06:48 PM

You're eligible in Peel? You look good for 70+ :stickpoke:

onDjuice
04-03-2021, 08:59 PM
Pretty sure I had the virus last March. With a 99.8% recovery rate. I’ll past on the vaccine .

redo75
04-05-2021, 09:26 PM
I got a Pfizer today, easy peasy, thanks Doug, no reactions yet.

RedSN
04-05-2021, 10:49 PM
Pretty sure I had the virus last March.
Pretty sure? Your test was inconclusive?

Stephen06GT
04-06-2021, 07:30 AM
You're eligible in Peel? You look good for 70+ :stickpoke:

AZ vaccine open to anyone over 50, or maybe 55.

hammerhead
04-06-2021, 07:49 AM
Tentatively taking my mom and my brother on Saturday - a clinic in south peel - mom wants the shot - it all hinges on whether my bro can travel that long in his wheel chair recently released from hospital and I'm surprised he didn't get it there since he was there for more than a month - getting the pfizer which I find more comforting for her - if they offer it to me I may just let them pull the trigger and juice me....

92redragtop
04-06-2021, 12:01 PM

Ah, I thought they just lowered the age to 70+ which I've been waiting to sign my dad up.

Aren't they recommending not using the AZ vaccine for 55 and under? Pfizer and Moderna seems to be the recommendation for under 55.

hammerhead
04-06-2021, 12:17 PM
Ah, I thought they just lowered the age to 70+ which I've been waiting to sign my dad up.

Aren't they recommending not using the AZ vaccine for 55 and under? Pfizer and Moderna seems to be the recommendation for under 55.

I have no idea and thought it was the other way around - I was almost certain that Africa rejected the astra vax long before it became an issue in other countries (but that news went quiet quick) and I believe they said it was not effective on older people and the variant - to be totally honest this whole covid thing is confusing - she does not want the astra vax - I think the astra vax is going to the mobile and drug store use because of its ease of transporting...I've been personally blocking out covid news - my mom is 78 my brother is 57 - the hospital my brother was at actually called and set up the appointment for the both of them....too many chiefs not enough vacine lol

bluetoy
04-06-2021, 12:23 PM
I am not going to get Astra . Firstly it is reported as being 65% effective. Others are 90-95%. Secondly it has some blood clot risk and some deaths. So no thanks I'll wait if I have to. Although I did find out that simply being a stupid truck driver qualifies me as an essential front line worker.. Go figure.

The Newmare
04-06-2021, 12:38 PM
on the waiting list for the Moderna.......

92redragtop
04-06-2021, 02:27 PM
I have no idea and thought it was the other way around - I was almost certain that Africa rejected the astra vax long before it became an issue in other countries (but that news went quiet quick) and I believe they said it was not effective on older people and the variant - to be totally honest this whole covid thing is confusing - she does not want the astra vax - I think the astra vax is going to the mobile and drug store use because of its ease of transporting...I've been personally blocking out covid news - my mom is 78 my brother is 57 - the hospital my brother was at actually called and set up the appointment for the both of them....too many chiefs not enough vacine lol

From the proverbial horse's mouth?

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/news/2021/03/use-of-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine.html

83 5.0
04-06-2021, 08:48 PM
I booked an appointment at the Oakville Trafalgar Hospital for Sunday April 18th, Pfizer is what I think they are jabbing.
Also signed up for Shoppers, but no dates provided.

Mustang4
04-06-2021, 11:12 PM
I’m booked at Joseph Brant hospital in Burlington on Apr 22. Also provided 2nd date.
Booked at Rexall but heard nothing from them, will contact and release it.

92redragtop
04-06-2021, 11:26 PM

https://www.peelregion.ca/coronavirus/vaccine/book-appointment/#who-can-get

This link indicates age 60 or higher (I guess Pfizer or Moderna) but also indicates 55 or higher for AZ through pharmacies.

UnlimitedTraction
04-07-2021, 02:25 AM
Since I am in my 20s, I am probably the last to get one lol

hammerhead
04-07-2021, 07:29 AM
Since I am in my 20s, I am probably the last to get one lol

rub it in...lol :stickpoke:

DW01Cobra
04-07-2021, 10:43 PM
I got the pfizer at the Ice Palace in Keswick

hammerhead
04-07-2021, 11:41 PM
I got the pfizer at the Ice Palace in Keswick

I use to roller skate at the “Ice Palace” way back but that’s was the ‘70’s when all nighters was cool, Roxy Roller was a song and the rubber leg was not a chicken - FYI RollLer Palace was a roller skating rink in the Mimico - Port Credit / cool area when I was a happy teenager...lol awesome you got the shots and Pfizer too boot!

newbiestangowner
04-07-2021, 11:52 PM
I use to roller skate at the “Ice Palace” way back but that’s was the ‘70’s when all nighters was cool, Roxy Roller was a song and the rubber leg was not a chicken - FYI RollLer Palace was a roller skating rink in the Mimico - Port Credit / cool area when I was a happy teenager...lol awesome you got the shots and Pfizer too boot!

So u ever go to Terrace? Downtown?
Not that I’m that old- I heard:) they had both ice/roller and curling too

hammerhead
04-08-2021, 07:36 AM
So u ever go to Terrace? Downtown?
Not that I’m that old- I heard:) they had both ice/roller and curling too

went there too - but I messed up - It was called "Roller Palace" I'm old I believe it was between Port Credit and Clarkson on the Lake Shore - I'm old with damencha ...lol

CON VERT
04-09-2021, 05:09 PM
Just got my shot, Pfizer, didn't feel a thing, (boring waiting for 1/2 hour, I had to wait an extra 15 minutes due to being high risk . meds etc ) ~ they booked my next shot for July 30th ~ get your's when available , from what I hear and read folks in the health care industry got enough of shit to deal with.

CON VERT
04-10-2021, 04:19 PM
Did I say no PAIN ? LOL, well wrong , next day your arm is sore, nothing crazy but got a good ache going on !

Stephen06GT
04-10-2021, 06:01 PM
Got a text around noon today. Going to the Rexall tomorrow to get my shot.

5.4MarkVIII
04-10-2021, 06:41 PM
We were set to go green now locked down again because people in the cities can’t get their acts together.

Now our small town is busy as fuck with all the assholes who have once again left the big cities.

Now in another brain dead move the government has decided its more important to vaccinate all the younger idiots in Toronto instead of continuing the original plan of the older and vulnerable.

Means my mom who got pushed back once because some dumb ass nurse could not do her job properly has now been put off AGAIN for vaccination.

needless to say I’m sick and tired of constantly being screwed by this bull shit while people who can’t be bothered to actually do anything keep preaching how we are all in it together and if we just wear magic masks it will get better soon.

Rant Off.

Stephen06GT
04-11-2021, 12:35 PM
Just got my shot. Just waiting for the 15 minute after shot time to expire

RedSN
04-11-2021, 12:40 PM
After shot time?

That in case of an allergic reaction?

Old Fart
04-11-2021, 12:46 PM
Yes, for any kind of reaction.

Stephen06GT
04-11-2021, 01:28 PM
Yes, for any kind of reaction.

This.

Quicksilver
04-11-2021, 02:32 PM
Both Rhonda and I had our shots almost 2 weeks ago at the Wonderland clinic. Luckily I did not even have to get out of the car. We both had the Phizer shot, and neither of us had any reaction whatever. Now, in the Liberal Government's great wisdom, we have to wait till July for our followup shots. Who knows if they will be effective given that the manufacturer says 3 weeks.

5.4MarkVIII
04-11-2021, 05:35 PM
Both Rhonda and I had our shots almost 2 weeks ago at the Wonderland clinic. Luckily I did not even have to get out of the car. We both had the Phizer shot, and neither of us had any reaction whatever. Now, in the Liberal Government's great wisdom, we have to wait till July for our followup shots. Who knows if they will be effective given that the manufacturer says 3 weeks.

yes manufacture says the shots can be spread out. this means more people can get the some form of immunity faster. should have been doing it this way from the start. the second shot only bumps the efficacy from like 80 to 94

all the vaccines are showing to give almost a 100% reduction in severity. this is the whole point, its not to stop you from getting git 100% its to make sure if you do get it. its a mild case. Stop people from dyeing

92redragtop
04-14-2021, 07:23 PM
Another set of neighbours two houses down got COVID. Not sure where they picked it up - wife goes out to work (manufacturing) and husband is a school bus driver.

Ambulance has been at the house twice since Saturday but they are both back home. Early 60's and in good health previously. Very unfortunate...hope they come out without the long-term COVID effects.

bluetoy
04-15-2021, 09:08 AM
Has anyone on here received the AstraZeneca vaccine? Thats the only one I'm eligible for and with all the bad press I'm wondering if I should go ahead with it. I have an appt tomorrow. Of course if you have gotten the Astra vax you may already have died from blood clots so you may not be able to see this message.

Laffs
04-15-2021, 09:11 AM
Has anyone on here received the AstraZeneca vaccine? Thats the only one I'm eligible for and with all the bad press I'm wondering if I should go ahead with it. I have an appt tomorrow. Of course if you have gotten the Astra vax you may already have died from blood clots so you may not be able to see this message.

My father got it. No adverse reactions thus far.

ZR
04-15-2021, 09:14 AM

My doctors office called n tried to get me to in for the AZ shot, nope not gonna happen. Currently dealing with after affects of pulmonary embolism in one lung plus on going clotting in both legs with same doctor. WTF??
Tried repeatedly to sign up on line for alternative, system says no problem I'm eligible but system glitch won't let me register.

Jack Raccoon!
04-15-2021, 10:12 AM
My wife and I both received the AZ. We are in day 17 and 9. No side effects, just trying to track down the burnt toast smell in our house...

bluetoy
04-15-2021, 10:17 AM
My doctors office called n tried to get me to in for the AZ shot, nope not gonna happen. Currently dealing with after affects of pulmonary embolism in one lung plus on going clotting in both legs with same doctor. WTF??
Tried repeatedly to sign up on line for alternative, system says no problem I'm eligible but system glitch won't let me register.

Have you tried calling your health unit? That's how my buddy got his Phizer appt. He is over 60. I am not.

ZR
04-15-2021, 01:20 PM
On my list for sure.

92redragtop
04-15-2021, 11:11 PM
Ambulance and fire truck back at my neighbour's again this afternoon for third time since Saturday evening. This time they took both of them to the hospital in full PPE (last 2 times was just the wife but then her husband caught it). Their son who lives in the east end said they were both incoherent, extremely fatigued, and dealing with the new variant. Sad to see because they were pretty fit (tennis players)....hoping they come out of this ok.

bluetoy
04-16-2021, 06:40 PM
It's been 6 hrs. I'm still alive.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210416/00e0311f5c7a015c0736a13c1474976e.jpg

bluetoy
04-17-2021, 08:29 AM
Waking up the day after AtraZeneca shot with a terrible headache is not very comforting.

Stephen06GT
04-17-2021, 08:50 AM
Waking up the day after AtraZeneca shot with a terrible headache is not very comforting.

I had the chills and just felt “off” the day after getting my AZ shot. The next day, all was good.

The Newmare
04-17-2021, 12:09 PM
get mine in 7 more hours.....Moderna I believe.

83 5.0
04-17-2021, 08:02 PM

20 hours for me, Pfizer, but I would take any offered.

The Newmare
04-17-2021, 08:55 PM

and Moderna it was,1 down 1 to go!!

onDjuice
04-17-2021, 10:23 PM
Right !!

Styrofoam04
04-26-2021, 08:54 AM
I got mine yesterday. Pfizer

1BAD92LX
04-26-2021, 09:06 AM
Got my second moderna last Saturday. Feel fine, just sore arm like usual after a needle.

IanGTCS
04-27-2021, 08:39 PM
Booked for AZ on Thursday.

Mustang4
04-27-2021, 10:10 PM
I got the Pfizer vaccine last Thursday, just a mildly sore arm at injection site the next day. Kind of like a big bruise, After that it was gone.
My wife got the AZ shot at the beginning of April, no effects at all and she's immunocompromised.

Zexhuffer
04-28-2021, 02:25 PM
Lisa got her first yesterday of Pfizer and my first comes Monday of the same.

RedSN
04-28-2021, 02:45 PM
Well that was easy. Drive-thru in Stouffville. First shot of AZ.

Uncle Buck
04-28-2021, 06:01 PM
Im grateful everyone in my household has had one shot now. 2 Pfizer and 3 Moderna

Second shots all booked.

fast Ed
04-28-2021, 07:15 PM
One shot of AZ for me on the weekend at a Shoppers Drug Mart. Yay!

StAnger
04-29-2021, 09:20 AM
Since I'm a fat fuck, I'm considered to be part high risk priority (fat fuck) so I booked an appointment for either Pfizer or Moderna next week.

IanGTCS
04-29-2021, 02:45 PM
AZ 15 minutes ago. Can't feel the 5g yet but can't wait for the faster speeds.

CDNfyrfytr
04-29-2021, 03:32 PM

That’s a shame, I had 5G as soon as I walked out the door! [emoji1787][emoji1787] Maybe the Pfizer 5G is stronger!

Frankie
04-30-2021, 12:50 PM

Same here, just got it this morning.

RedSN
04-30-2021, 12:55 PM
I dunno about faster speeds, but I sure wasn't feeling faster the following day.

The side effects that followed vaccine administration in clinical trials were mild or moderate. They included things like pain at the site of injection, body chills, feeling tired and feeling feverish.
Checked every one of those boxes. Was in bed by 8:00 yesterday.
Feeling better today tho.

92redragtop
04-30-2021, 01:24 PM
Since I'm a fat fuck, I'm considered to be part high risk priority (fat fuck) so I booked an appointment for either Pfizer or Moderna next week.

When you book, how do you know they have those two versus any others? Does the appointment confirmation show this?

StAnger
04-30-2021, 01:39 PM
When you book, how do you know they have those two versus any others? Does the appointment confirmation show this?

The health unit states which two I could get right on the registration form. I just checked the confirmation email, and it doesn't say though.

bluetoy
04-30-2021, 02:47 PM
My brother got the Astra Vax, It absolutely knocked him on his ass. His arm and wrist became tingly and his hand went numb. Next day he felt like throwing up all day, lethargic and terrible headache. About 24hrs he still felt a bit sick but it did go away. I'm not sure about taking these untested vaccines. I guess it's too late since I got it already. Supposed to keep watch for blood clot symptoms for 40 days they said.

My cell phone works much better now... lol

92redragtop
04-30-2021, 05:29 PM
The health unit states which two I could get right on the registration form. I just checked the confirmation email, and it doesn't say though.

Cool - been seeing the posts about appointments and which vaccine they were getting so wasn't sure where that info came from in advance of the appointment.

IanGTCS
04-30-2021, 06:45 PM
AZ hangover is real, and the term is 100% accurate. Tylenol helps but I'll be going to bed nice and early tonight.

CDNfyrfytr
04-30-2021, 07:05 PM
Wife had AZ on Tuesday and is finally feeling better today. Seems to be if you’ve had flu shots every year in the past, the effects of this vaccine are significantly less. May be a coincidence, who knows.

92redragtop
04-30-2021, 10:56 PM
Folks at work have recommended taking the day off after the AZ shot.

newbiestangowner
04-30-2021, 11:36 PM
Folks at work have recommended taking the day off after the AZ shot.

Sounds good to me
https://media0.giphy.com/media/9Ai5dIk8xvBm0/giphy.gif

92redragtop
05-01-2021, 12:02 AM
Sounds good to me
https://media0.giphy.com/media/9Ai5dIk8xvBm0/giphy.gif

Maybe 2 days if he's administering the vaccine!

RedSN
05-01-2021, 08:45 AM
Ron is getting the shot just for the day off.

newbiestangowner
05-04-2021, 07:28 PM
^^ trying to book vaccination for a day off- I think open to 16 yrs and up now :) ?? Have to check

Heard from co worker son is 17 works part time at grocery store was able to get it

mavrrrick
05-04-2021, 08:42 PM
Got Pfizer on Sunday.... sore arm and all good. Second shot in August.

Screw
05-05-2021, 06:53 AM
^^ trying to book vaccination for a day off- I think open to 16 yrs and up now :) ?? Have to check

Heard from co worker son is 17 works part time at grocery store was able to get it

Quarantine for 2 weeks plz ...stay home �� keep us safe

bbriann
05-05-2021, 08:42 AM
Getting Moderna Vaccine at work Thursday!!! Getting off that AZ list...might make to drag track this summer yet...

shakin
05-05-2021, 10:09 AM
Just received the Pfizer. Aug for the booster shot.
Tender arm for about 24 hr.

Frankie
05-05-2021, 10:40 AM
I dunno about faster speeds, but I sure wasn't feeling faster the following day.

Checked every one of those boxes. Was in bed by 8:00 yesterday.
Feeling better today tho.

Same here. I think I experienced every side effect they list.
Still not 100% today.....4 days later.

MUSTANGWOP
05-05-2021, 11:05 AM
Going for AZ after work today.

FABMAN
05-06-2021, 08:08 AM
Got the Moderna shot on Monday, was pretty out of it on Tuesday. Feeling better today.

92redragtop
05-08-2021, 12:05 AM
Have my appointment locked in for #1 next Wednesday, and #2 on September 1st.

newbiestangowner
05-08-2021, 12:13 AM
Have my appointment locked in for #1 next Wednesday, and #2 on September 1st.

Book your day off as well! I did.

92redragtop
05-08-2021, 12:27 AM
Book your day off as well! I did.

Yeah, I picked 5pm Wednesday because my Thursday this week is "meeting light" so I can lie in bed with my laptop.

Did you manage to get booked in?

newbiestangowner
05-08-2021, 12:36 AM
Yeah, I picked 5pm Wednesday because my Thursday this week is "meeting light" so I can lie in bed with my laptop.

Did you manage to get booked in?

Lol
No I totally booked day off well I’ll call sick
No zoom, nothing
My arm hurts I can’t type the keys,I feel unwell!

92redragtop
05-08-2021, 12:43 AM
Lol
No I totally booked day off
No zoom, nothing
My arm hurts, I feel unwell!
( well technically not booked off- I’ll call sick)

When did you get your shot? Just a sore arm? That's not bad...expected.

newbiestangowner
05-08-2021, 12:44 AM
No not yet
May 16 Sunday and sick Monday
I was offered through work but refused to go to st Mike’s downtown so booked Halton

92redragtop
05-08-2021, 12:46 AM
No not yet
May 10- Sunday and sick Monday

LOL - practicing? "My arm hurts I can’t type the keys,I feel unwell!"

Which one are you getting? Drug store?

newbiestangowner
05-08-2021, 12:47 AM
LOL - practicing? "My arm hurts I can’t type the keys,I feel unwell!"

Which one are you getting? Drug store?

No , at vaccination clinic - Pfizer or moderna

I don’t joke about sick days!!!

92redragtop
05-08-2021, 12:52 AM
No vaccination clinic - Pfizer

I don’t joke about sick days!!!

LOL - Oscar performance??

newbiestangowner
05-08-2021, 12:54 AM
LOL - Oscar performance??

I’ll toss in “ headache “ to seal the deal!

92redragtop
05-08-2021, 12:59 AM
:clap1:

cobra88
05-10-2021, 04:12 PM
I received the AZ over 3 weeks ago and had no side affects what so ever. Now I wait for the 2nd shot!!!

bluetoy
05-11-2021, 05:22 PM
I'm pissed. Got the AZ shot because they said my age group wouldn't get the good stuff until July. Now my son who's 18 can get the pfizer shot ( booked for june 3) and they took AZ off the market because it's too much of a health risk. Canada is fucked up.

92redragtop
05-11-2021, 05:29 PM
I’ll toss in “ headache “ to seal the deal!

How did your "sick day" go?

R3troGT
05-11-2021, 06:23 PM
I'm pissed. Got the AZ shot because they said my age group wouldn't get the good stuff until July. Now my son who's 18 can get the pfizer shot ( booked for june 3) and they took AZ off the market because it's too much of a health risk. Canada is fucked up.

This is why I have been reluctant to get vaccinated so far. Just to much back and forth BS

newbiestangowner
05-11-2021, 06:47 PM
How did your "sick day" go?

This coming Monday will be sick day. Shot is booked for Sunday.
Maybe I might require 2 days :)

Oh and hold your messages that day
Just in case they can check what I’m doing! I’m sick !

bluetoy
05-11-2021, 07:30 PM
Anyone else get AZ shot and was told to watch for blood clot symptoms for next 40 days?

Gabe
05-12-2021, 01:35 PM
booked for May 31st

Laffs
05-12-2021, 02:13 PM
Just booked May 20th here. Pfizer or Moderna.

USAWIT2
05-12-2021, 04:27 PM
Booked for May 14th

RedSN
05-12-2021, 04:31 PM
^^^you better get going then!

USAWIT2
05-12-2021, 04:34 PM
^^^you better get going then!Thinking the 14th, wrote the 12th

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

92redragtop
05-12-2021, 08:17 PM
One down, one to go.

newbiestangowner
05-12-2021, 08:26 PM
One down, one to go.

Sick day!

92redragtop
05-12-2021, 09:08 PM
Sick day!

LOL....nah, I can work from bed.

92redragtop
05-13-2021, 01:11 PM
No side effects yesterday or today....maybe other than my phone is faster and I'm seeing more Microsoft ads.

Ron, not sure about your "sick day" plan.....

mavrrrick
05-14-2021, 07:56 PM
Second shot August 22.

USAWIT2
05-14-2021, 08:17 PM
1st one done, still alive, no side effects so far.

Nsty04SVT
05-15-2021, 09:46 AM
Got my first Pfizer shot last week, and second shot booked for June 16th (through work) - Arm was tiny bit tender for a day but besides that nothing to report.

Ponyryd
05-15-2021, 03:17 PM
None here, my immune system should do just fine.

newbiestangowner
05-16-2021, 02:45 PM
Hey Richard, first shot done https://media4.giphy.com/media/1ZkMDj88mQ1rO/giphy.gif

92redragtop
05-16-2021, 09:30 PM
Nice!

Call in "sick" yet?

newbiestangowner
05-16-2021, 09:36 PM
Nice!

Call in "sick" yet?

Tomorrow morning :)
Can’t call too early

92redragtop
05-16-2021, 10:10 PM
lol....Moderna or Pfizer?

newbiestangowner
05-16-2021, 10:16 PM
lol....Moderna or Pfizer?

Pfizer

xeninworx
05-17-2021, 05:51 PM
Getting mine tonight.

Gabe
05-18-2021, 08:55 AM
got a quicker date, going this morning for Moderna

CDNfyrfytr
05-31-2021, 11:04 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210531/e37e0aaa508b7f0334ac053efff30cb3.jpg

Pfizer number 2!

xeninworx
05-31-2021, 12:12 PM

Pfizer number 2!

Side effects may include long lasting erection…lol

Uncle Buck
05-31-2021, 02:02 PM
Queued up for dose two of Moderna next Saturday.

Das 5.0
06-02-2021, 02:47 PM
Happy to say had my second shot 2 weeks ago.....no side effects .....had the Manderna shot....:clap2:

bluetoy
06-02-2021, 05:07 PM
So who's going to mix and match their second shot? I'm not too trusting of anything Canada's health agency has to say.

CDNfyrfytr
06-02-2021, 06:58 PM
They’ve been mixing shots in Europe for a while now with no adverse affects, the Canadian government makes zero decisions on their own when it comes to this.

newbiestangowner
06-02-2021, 07:36 PM
They’ve been mixing shots in Europe for a while now with no adverse affects, the Canadian government makes zero decisions on their own when it comes to this.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/3ogwFSW4LX8zzNqj4s/giphy.gif

92redragtop
06-02-2021, 09:01 PM

Pfizer number 2!

Next day update - how's it been?

92redragtop
06-02-2021, 09:01 PM
Happy to say had my second shot 2 weeks ago.....no side effects .....had the Manderna shot....:clap2:

Pacific Mall version?

CDNfyrfytr
06-02-2021, 10:01 PM
Next day update - how's it been?

No issues at all. Arm slightly tender to the touch and that’s it.

92redragtop
06-02-2021, 11:15 PM
No issues at all. Arm slightly tender to the touch and that’s it.

Good to hear - hopefully my second gets moved up as they try to speed things up.

95GT_VERT
06-03-2021, 07:50 AM
Quick question , is there anyone on here diagnosed with Malignant hypothermia, and habe O- blood? I can't take any blood except O- and I can not use general anesthetic. Nothing about me is universal so to speak so I'm hesitant to jamb a unproven vaccine into my already vulnerable body.

Das 5.0
06-03-2021, 08:16 AM
Pacific Mall version?

Lol no I hope....

RedSN
06-03-2021, 08:50 AM
Quick question…
That is not a quick question for gearheads.
Call your family physician.

Zutz2v
06-03-2021, 09:05 AM
Quick question , is there anyone on here diagnosed with Malignant hypothermia, and habe O- blood? I can't take any blood except O- and I can not use general anesthetic. Nothing about me is universal so to speak so I'm hesitant to jamb a unproven vaccine into my already vulnerable body.

You have 98% chance of living without it. I think your good

IanGTCS
06-05-2021, 08:30 PM
So who's going to mix and match their second shot? I'm not too trusting of anything Canada's health agency has to say.

Given the option I probably will. It's like you are showing your immune system two different pictures of the virus so it can better see it and destroy it.

I also have a degree in geology so I'd highly recommend NOT taking any medical advice from from me.

CON VERT
06-06-2021, 05:00 PM
Round 2 booked for June 19th, 7 weeks sooner than the original appt I was given !

Uncle Buck
06-06-2021, 05:15 PM
Second dose of Moderna yesterday. Feeling fine!

5.4MarkVIII
06-06-2021, 05:19 PM
Pfizer #1 on Friday. Cat wait till shot number two and then The mask can go to hell.

Zutz2v
06-08-2021, 10:58 AM
Given the option I probably will. It's like you are showing your immune system two different pictures of the virus so it can better see it and destroy it.

I also have a degree in geology so I'd highly recommend NOT taking any medical advice from from me.

You do realize that there is ZERO traces of the virus in the vaccine right ? By definition it’s not even a vaccine. It’s an immune booster at best.

Quicksilver
06-08-2021, 12:37 PM
My wife and I got our second Phizer shots today. so far, no aftereffects.

The Newmare
06-08-2021, 01:31 PM
we got our second Moderna shot yesterday....all is good.

IanGTCS
06-09-2021, 07:09 PM
You do realize that there is ZERO traces of the virus in the vaccine right ? By definition it’s not even a vaccine. It’s an immune booster at best.

See where I said you shouldn't take advice from me? I'm going do the same.

But please enlighten us to what all the shots are if they aren't vaccines? What other "vaccines" aren't vaccines by your definition.

RedSN
06-09-2021, 07:31 PM
It’s an immune booster at best.
“Immune Booster” is kinda the definition of a vaccine.

A vaccine is a biological preparation that provides active acquired immunity to a particular infectious disease….The agent stimulates the body's immune system to recognize the agent as a threat, destroy it,…

Messenger RNA vaccines have gotten a huge boost with this pandemic. Fascinating technology that will have huge impact on other diseases.

Zutz2v
06-09-2021, 09:37 PM
See where I said you shouldn't take advice from me? I'm going do the same.

But please enlighten us to what all the shots are if they aren't vaccines? What other "vaccines" aren't vaccines by your definition.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210610/6ce1e3c6a3d25b89004ba614c020d534.jpg
And there isn’t a single anything of covid in the “ vaccines”.

So all these companies coming out with these DNA altering shots that don’t contain any virus of any sort are what exactly by YOUR definition.

As far as I’m concerned these aren’t vaccines by sciences definition.

Zutz2v
06-09-2021, 09:45 PM
“Immune Booster” is kinda the definition of a vaccine.

Messenger RNA vaccines have gotten a huge boost with this pandemic. Fascinating technology that will have huge impact on other diseases.

Well the Messenger RNA vaccines that make your body produce the spike protein, it’s toxic in it self and causing a lot of harm to many people which is why there has been more deaths from this then any other vaccine trials since the early 90s.

Ironically they have toned down the cycles on testings now almost to make it look like the vaccines work…… anyways do what you want with this info. Good luck to all and stay healthy.

Old Fart
06-09-2021, 10:29 PM
A few videos on the vaccine. Most vaccines in the past did contain viral fragments or deactivated virus to promote a body's response, such as the flu vaccine. The m-RNA vaccines do not have the covid virus in them. The AstraZeneca and Janssen contain an adenovirus (like the common cold) to transmit the genetic code to provide the body's response.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lFjIVIIcCvc&t=250s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A

bluetoy
06-18-2021, 10:37 PM
Just booked our second shot for Tuesday. Wife and I both got AZ on April 16. While I have noticed slightly faster speed on my phone I also am having more interference on my bell satellite. We are getting Phizer or Moderna. Crap shoot, I guess we find out when we get there.

92redragtop
06-18-2021, 11:10 PM
Just booked our second shot for Tuesday. Wife and I both got AZ on April 16. While I have noticed slightly faster speed on my phone I also am having more interference on my bell satellite. We are getting Phizer or Moderna. Crap shoot, I guess we find out when we get there.

Did you get your magnetic powers yet? Looking forward to when bolts, etc don't roll away when I'm working on the car because they'll be stuck to my arm.

dr.zed
06-19-2021, 10:38 AM
Second Moderna yesterday. I'm hurting today, aching all over like I have the flu without the "sickness". Low energy, low appetite, totally feels like flu without fever. Makes sense, white blood cells going bonkers I guess! First shot, only sore arm for 2-3 days.

EDIT: What a wild ride. 4th day felt 95% better. Day 1 body felt like it had flue, Day 2 body felt like it had cold (chest heavy, tight, cough, wheeze when deep breathing), Day 3 no heavy chest but mild cold symptoms). Wow...

CON VERT
06-19-2021, 11:44 AM
Second shot of the big P, just got it so no after effects YET ! LOL

Sick today ! aches and chills, + stomach issues !

92redragtop
06-19-2021, 11:47 AM
Second Moderna yesterday. I'm hurting today, aching all over like I have the flu without the "sickness". Low energy, low appetite, totally feels like flu without fever. Makes sense, white blood cells going bonkers I guess! First shot, only sore arm for 2-3 days.

My wife got her second Moderna shot on a Thursday, felt like how you describe on Friday, then woke up feeling like superwoman on Saturday.

FABMAN
06-19-2021, 03:46 PM
Have my 2nd shot of Moderna scheduled for Tuesday. Took Wednesday off just in case…and it’s also my daughter’s 12th birthday Wednesday so hopefully I will be good enough to help her day a good one.

I was really knocked out the day after the first shot.

Biz
06-21-2021, 09:23 AM
Got my first shot of Pfizer on May 28th. Zero symptoms from the shot. Family, friends, gf all with Pfizer had very little complaints other than a sore arm. Had several friends get the Astra and they were down for the count for as little as 1 day to 3 days. Same with moderna. I don't think this is a coincidence.
I'm not eligible for my 2nd shot until the 28th but I'm 100% sure it will be Pfizer when I go.
I'm just happy both parents have both shots now (Pfizer). Maybe we can salvage this summer.

Old Fart
06-21-2021, 11:10 AM
Got my first Pfizer yesterday. No adverse symptoms.

Stephen06GT
06-21-2021, 11:15 AM
Just got an email from Rexall and I’m booked for my second AZ shot tomorrow.

RedSN
06-21-2021, 11:45 AM
^^I thought they pulled the AZ?
I just booked for my second shot, but it will be the Moderna.

edit: AZ is still available as a second dose for those that received the first one. Alternate vaccines are also available.

92redragtop
06-21-2021, 03:24 PM
Just got an email from Rexall and I’m booked for my second AZ shot tomorrow.

Is this the Bolton location? They didn't come up when I was trying to accelerate my second shot. Nearest Rexall on their site was Woodbridge or Brampton.

Stephen06GT
06-21-2021, 04:15 PM
Is this the Bolton location? They didn't come up when I was trying to accelerate my second shot. Nearest Rexall on their site was Woodbridge or Brampton.

I got the same message when I tried to book last week in Bolton. I just checked the email again and they said I could choose AZ or Moderna.

92redragtop
06-21-2021, 05:40 PM
Ah, so maybe because I selected first shot was Pfizer the platform directed me to locations that use that vaccine (ie. not Bolton).

xeninworx
06-22-2021, 06:58 AM
Wife’s going for her second shot today.

Stephen06GT
06-22-2021, 04:54 PM
2nd shot of AZ is in. Just waiting my 15 minutes before I leave. I had the choice of the AZ or the Moderna and I went with the AZ because that’s what I got for the first shot. I just hope the reaction to #2 isn’t as bad as it was for #1.

92redragtop
06-22-2021, 05:02 PM
It's too bad that instead of side effects like 5G and magnetism with the vaccines, that we got more boost or radar detector abilities.

bluetoy
06-23-2021, 06:14 AM
Okay so 16 hrs after my Moderna shot (first shot was Apr 16, it was AZ) I'm actually feeling not bad. Have a decent headache. Not feeling really anything else. Maybe slightly run down and slightly chilly but it's only 6 deg outside and the furnace is turned off. My arm hurts pretty good. This shot was up high near my shoulder. First shot was further down my arm. I'll take a couple tylenols in a hour or so once I eat breakfast. Should be good to go. Still can't get anything metal to stick to me though.

FABMAN
06-23-2021, 08:56 AM
Got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday…bit of a rough night but other than feeling tired and a achy so far so good. Glad to (hopefully) be done with this.

Update, been fighting a fever, chills, headache and lethargy all day. I just keep reminding myself that it will be all worth it.

Screw
06-23-2021, 11:22 PM
I guess im the dirty 28% percentile

USAWIT2
06-24-2021, 06:17 AM
I guess im the dirty 28% percentileMakes no difference to me whether you get it or not.
You do You, I'll do me

It's time the government takes the same stance and opens everything up and gets rid of the masks

MUSTANGWOP
06-24-2021, 07:39 AM
Second dose booked for Monday.

RedSN
06-24-2021, 10:12 AM
I guess im the dirty 28% percentile
Don’t know if that means you are in the 28% that have had their second dose?
Or you’re in the 28% that haven’t had a shot at all?

USAWIT2
06-24-2021, 11:05 AM
Or you’re in the 28% that haven’t had a shot at all?I guessed havent, but maybe I'm wrong... either way time to open shit up

bbriann
06-24-2021, 04:12 PM
Second dose booked for Monday.
Yepper im also getting my second shot Monday at work ...Pfizer all the way!

1quikgt
06-24-2021, 04:48 PM
Has anyone switched vaccines for their second dose? Any difference that you noticed? Had Pfizer for the first one but hard to find an appt for one. Can get one for Moderna it looks like.

bbriann
06-24-2021, 06:45 PM
Has anyone switched vaccines for their second dose? Any difference that you noticed? Had Pfizer for the first one but hard to find an appt for one. Can get one for Moderna it looks like.
I did read that by switching up to different shot second time may even give you better protection...but i don't know anything about medical stuf whatsoever...

xeninworx
06-24-2021, 07:22 PM
Getting my second shot on Tuesday.

IanGTCS
06-24-2021, 08:55 PM
I did read that by switching up to different shot second time may even give you better protection...but i don't know anything about medical stuf whatsoever...

The way I heard it explained is it's like you are showing your body 2 different pictures of the virus so it can identify it better. Conceptually it makes sense to me. I'm getting one of the mRNA as my second since it is what I could book first after having AZ first. Excited for the second on July 11th, buying tickets to bad religion in November in Buffalo in the hope that everything is open. Y then.

Nsty04SVT
06-25-2021, 12:24 AM
Second dose of Pfizer received last Tuesday...no side effects to report :cheers:

CDNfyrfytr
06-25-2021, 06:45 AM
The way I heard it explained is it's like you are showing your body 2 different pictures of the virus so it can identify it better. Conceptually it makes sense to me. I'm getting one of the mRNA as my second since it is what I could book first after having AZ first. Excited for the second on July 11th, buying tickets to bad religion in November in Buffalo in the hope that everything is open. Y then.

Saw that they were playing there. Might buy tickets too but don’t want to get burned when the stupid gov won’t let us go

MUSTANGWOP
06-25-2021, 11:29 AM

I had AZ for my first dose and getting Pfizer for my second.

IanGTCS
06-25-2021, 07:46 PM
Saw that they were playing there. Might buy tickets too but don’t want to get burned when the stupid gov won’t let us go

Risk I'm willing to take. One of my favourite bands, enjoyed every show I've been to. Apparently they are planning a Canadian tour when everything is open but who knows when that'll be.

Screw
06-28-2021, 05:21 AM
Or you’re in the 28% that haven’t had a shot at all?

I didn’t even know about the other 28% …

1quikgt
06-29-2021, 07:52 AM
Got my second dose of Pfizer yesterday. No bad reaction, same as the first time.

It’s now 115pm and the second Pfizer is a little stronger lol. Not feeling terrible but definately feeling a little “off”. Nothing some steak and beer can’t fix I’m sure.

Gabe
06-29-2021, 10:13 AM
Moderna number 2 yesterday, arm very sore, feel like I have a slight bout of the flu

Biz
06-29-2021, 03:17 PM
Was able to book my second Pfizer for July 11th.
Happy to be done with this.

Biz
06-29-2021, 03:36 PM

The highest antibody response was seen in people receiving two doses of Pfizer vaccine, with both mixed schedules producing better responses than two doses of AstraZeneca vaccine.

An AstraZeneca shot followed by Pfizer produced the best T-cell responses, and also a higher antibody response than Pfizer followed by AstraZeneca.

The results were for combinations of vaccines given at four week intervals to 830 participants.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7986646/vaccine-mix-match-pfizer-astrazeneca/

xeninworx
06-29-2021, 08:25 PM
Wow, long lineup for my second shot.

xeninworx
06-29-2021, 09:32 PM
Aight. Second dose done. If I die, someone teach my wife how to drive stick so she can drive my Mustang.

fast Ed
06-29-2021, 10:05 PM
Any suggestions for where to go in the west end of the GTA for a second dose without too much of a wait time? I'm just past 8 weeks from my first dose, and tonight I called the pharmacy where I had it done to ask about the second. They're telling me the doses are in somewhat short supply, and the wait list there is about 5 weeks roughly.

newbiestangowner
06-29-2021, 10:10 PM
Any suggestions for where to go in the west end of the GTA for a second dose without too much of a wait time? I'm just past 8 weeks from my first dose, and tonight I called the pharmacy where I had it done to ask about the second. They're telling me the doses are in somewhat short supply, and the wait list there is about 5 weeks roughly.

Try this Ed.
Use the drop down menus- with vaccine type, and postal code

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/vaccine-locations/pfizer

xeninworx
06-30-2021, 04:55 AM
My wife would check every day for me as people would cancel their appointments. I could have gone on Thursday at 2:30pm but the wife wanted to be there with me. So she found a spot the other day for my appointment last night. Went to the Save Max Sports centre on Sandalwood and Dixie. If you get an appointment during the time when most people are working it’ll be quick. The later in the day will obviously be busier. Didn’t take that long though last night. Got there for my 8:25 appointment and got out by 9:03.

RedSN
06-30-2021, 08:18 AM
My wife would check every day for me as people would cancel their appointments.
Just like camp sites: people have several booked reservations. Cancel some when a better deal comes along.

If you’re not picky, appointments are available.

92redragtop
06-30-2021, 11:05 AM
My wife would check every day for me as people would cancel their appointments. I could have gone on Thursday at 2:30pm but the wife wanted to be there with me. So she found a spot the other day for my appointment last night. Went to the Save Max Sports centre on Sandalwood and Dixie. If you get an appointment during the time when most people are working it’ll be quick. The later in the day will obviously be busier. Didn’t take that long though last night. Got there for my 8:25 appointment and got out by 9:03.

Massive line-up in the parking lot at Save Max Sports Centre yesterday around noon.

92redragtop
06-30-2021, 11:07 AM
Caledon East had a lot of appointments open up yesterday for the next few days but those may be gone by now. They were not available on Monday night but were listed yesterday morning so keep checking for new listings.

fast Ed
06-30-2021, 12:03 PM
Thanks guys!

Laffs
06-30-2021, 01:24 PM
Second dose of Pfizer booked for Monday. Last one didnt kill me maybe this one will be different...

RedSN
07-09-2021, 03:59 PM
15 minutes in the penalty box, then I’m done!

Drive-thru in Stouffville again, real slick operation they have here.

fast Ed
07-09-2021, 04:08 PM
Got my second dose this afternoon at an IDA pharmacy near work, quick in and out. Moderna this time which seems to be good with the AZ I got for the first dose. YAY!!!

mavrrrick
07-09-2021, 05:09 PM
Going for 2nd shot Sunday. Have heard people not feeling good after second shot. Hope I don’t get sick-holidays start Monday!! Anyone else feel like s**t after second shot?

Mustang4
07-09-2021, 05:31 PM
Got my 2nd dose of Pfizer yesterday.
Aside from forgetting to take off the band-aid, I'd never know I'd had the shot.
No side effects at all.

92redragtop
07-09-2021, 07:16 PM
Got my 2nd dose of Pfizer yesterday.
Aside from forgetting to take off the band-aid, I'd never know I'd had the shot.
No side effects at all.

Did you have AZ as first dose? Thought they were doing Moderna for adult second doses now unless you had AZ first?

IanGTCS
07-09-2021, 07:37 PM
Did you have AZ as first dose? Thought they were doing Moderna for adult second doses now unless you had AZ first?

I think it's based in supply and region. I know a few weeks ago they said adults would get moderna for their second but I think that more Pfizer arrived.

Go for my second Sunday. It's at a large church centre so I'm sure I won't feel the shot, what with my skin burning and all.