PDA

View Full Version : Canada to ban new ICE cars from 2035

UnlimitedTraction
06-30-2021, 09:58 AM
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-climate-change-canada-idCAKCN2E52DD

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Stephen06GT
06-30-2021, 10:08 AM
If that is the case, they better start working on the electrical grid today.

Laffs
06-30-2021, 10:33 AM
“Canada cannot reach our greenhouse gas targets if emissions from cars, SUVs and pickups, which are currently growing, are not curtailed,” said Keith Brooks, programs director at advocacy group Environmental Defence, who welcomed the move.

Brooks said only 3.5% of vehicles now sold in Canada are electric and that the government needs to do more to support the market for zero-emissions vehicles."

I mean, maybe this is too big brain but uh if more people are buying ICE vehicles over electric, doesn't that mean the market isn't there for these so called "zero emission vehicles" . Or does "support the market" mean "force consumers to buy what we tell them to"

Also, absolute hard LOL at "zero emission" I suppose the metal, batteries, and plastic products on these vehicles all come from the sky during rainbows? Maybe it's butterfly kisses that produce lithium...

Fucking top tier dumb.

1BAD92LX
06-30-2021, 11:18 AM
Also, absolute hard LOL at "zero emission" I suppose the metal, batteries, and plastic products on these vehicles all come from the sky during rainbows? Maybe it's butterfly kisses that produce lithium...

LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CDNfyrfytr
06-30-2021, 11:26 AM
“only 3.5% of vehicles now sold in Canada are electric”

We live a a huge country. Imagine trying to drive to BC having to stop every 300km for 8 hours to charge? Range and charge times are still a serious issues. If you live in the city and only drive to work or have an additional gas car for long drives it makes sense.

As said above better make the infrastructure WAY better.

Also think of the run on fuel burning vehicles in the years leading up to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gabe
06-30-2021, 11:50 AM
the whole concept is a political talking point at best, Alberta is having electricity shortages this week due to the heat wave and it is not even at it's highest point yet, how would they possibly be able to handle a significant increase to the electric vehicle market.

Agreed about the points made with regards to "zero emissions", it is catch phrase that makes people feel good about the purchase while they have it, but absolutely does not consider the life cycle of the product from start to finish in any sense.

1quikgt
06-30-2021, 12:47 PM
2035 is 3 more federal elections. I’m sure everything will change multiple times along the way.

UnlimitedTraction
06-30-2021, 04:56 PM
2035 is 3 more federal elections. I’m sure everything will change multiple times along the way.

I don't think so. The writing has been on the wall for ICE.

RedSN
06-30-2021, 05:00 PM
I guess we better start building more nuclear plants.

Also need to start designing EVs with quick-swap battery packs and a network of service stations that can swap them out in 5 minutes.

Spock
06-30-2021, 05:06 PM
Won't happen, an ICE can also run on Hydrogen....& without the 8 hour charging time

Zippy
06-30-2021, 06:21 PM
:choke:

ZR
06-30-2021, 07:45 PM
Time to kick that fucking idiot in Ottawa to the curb.

Ponyryd
06-30-2021, 08:53 PM
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-climate-change-canada-idCAKCN2E52DD

BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Keep voting liberal boys, you literally asked for this

5.4MarkVIII
06-30-2021, 09:11 PM
Won't happen, an ICE can also run on Hydrogen....& without the 8 hour charging time

your right, except when the government meddles in these things it delays the advancement of technology that can actually work in favor of people lining up to try and get a piece of the government funded electric pie.

hammerhead
07-01-2021, 08:43 AM
Combine this with what they plan to do with net zero housing most won't be able to afford to own one of each - just think of what is going to happen to the cost of living without fuel tax revenue - we have two gas plants for electricity in Ontario, I would suspect that's where the electricity will come from - hydrogen is cool idea but currently non productive because it cost more to produce that what is gained from the end product - from all I've read about this subject over the past years I can only come to the conclusion, it's not about being green there's another agenda. I'm a little skeptical and see opportunity here if this goes thru, there are plenty of old cars around that will not be part of the ban (for now) for the right people this could be a cash cow.... I don't know what to make of it all but by then I will be too old to give a shit and when I see all the young people dumping a small fortune into things like cell phones and communications and can only see a win for the government...now is the time to own an electric car only because electricity is relatively inexpensive. Since the Libs deregulated Hydro in 2009 electricity bills have tripled. in ten years I imagine this trend will continue there's really no way around it... banning fuel burning products won't stop at the automobile but will effect home heating and cutting grass I can only speculate the response from the public but again most of the older folks now will be really old then and life I guess will go on...

Spock
07-01-2021, 10:49 AM
Combine this with what they plan to do with net zero housing most won't be able to afford to own one of each - just think of what is going to happen to the cost of living without fuel tax revenue - we have two gas plants for electricity in Ontario, I would suspect that's where the electricity will come from - hydrogen is cool idea but currently non productive because it cost more to produce that what is gained from the end product - from all I've read about this subject over the past years I can only come to the conclusion, it's not about being green there's another agenda. I'm a little skeptical and see opportunity here if this goes thru, there are plenty of old cars around that will not be part of the ban (for now) for the right people this could be a cash cow.... I don't know what to make of it all but by then I will be too old to give a shit and when I see all the young people dumping a small fortune into things like cell phones and communications and can only see a win for the government...now is the time to own an electric car only because electricity is relatively inexpensive. Since the Libs deregulated Hydro in 2009 electricity bills have tripled. in ten years I imagine this trend will continue there's really no way around it... banning fuel burning products won't stop at the automobile but will effect home heating and cutting grass I can only speculate the response from the public but again most of the older folks now will be really old then and life I guess will go on...

Mike Harris deregulated Hydro in 2002, Libs brought in the Green Energy act in 2009 paying far more for solar & wind energy than its worth

hammerhead
07-01-2021, 11:45 AM
Mike Harris deregulated Hydro in 2002, Libs brought in the Green Energy act in 2009 paying far more for solar & wind energy than its worth

technically this is correct but there was always a price cap until 2009 Libs shock everything up but deregulation and more or less and bent us all over for s big surprise lol...otherwise may not have happened who knows

Screw
07-02-2021, 06:16 AM

It better change he’s gotta go !

Quicksilver
07-02-2021, 08:50 AM
It better change he’s gotta go !

In all my talks and meetings with clients, with friends, on internet forums, in the press(except for The Star) I have yet to talk to anybody who is in favour of Justin Trudeau and the way he's run the government. And yet, he's expected to win a majority in the next election. How STUPID can people be? He is without a doubt, the worst leader Canada has ever had.
Other than 1968, when I was young and and stupid and making money selling Trudeau merchandise at his rallies, I have never ever voted liberal.

5.4MarkVIII
07-02-2021, 10:10 AM
In all my talks and meetings with clients, with friends, on internet forums, in the press(except for The Star) I have yet to talk to anybody who is in favour of Justin Trudeau and the way he's run the government. And yet, he's expected to win a majority in the next election. How STUPID can people be? He is without a doubt, the worst leader Canada has ever had.
Other than 1968, when I was young and and stupid and making money selling Trudeau merchandise at his rallies, I have never ever voted liberal.

Look towards Newfoundland’s last election. No one pays attention. But the Liberals lost multiple non confidence votes. The liberal leader had to step down.

Then they saw their only jump in covid cases. Which forced the votes to move from traditional mail in ballots. The liberals then won a majority and after the election the covid cases fell off again.

I’m not saying something illegal happened. I’m just saying pay attention. And see what the covid narrative is as we approach fall.

RedSN
07-02-2021, 10:15 AM
I’m not saying something illegal happened. I’m just saying…
You’re insinuating something illegal happened.

5.4MarkVIII
07-02-2021, 01:12 PM
I’m insinuating something questionable happened.

hammerhead
07-02-2021, 02:50 PM
I was referencing Masquinty - Hydro is provincial but yah I'm sick of listening to that fuckers voice (Trudoh) haven't watched any media for months for that simple reason - problem is the PC's are broken and divided the last I checked - hate to see a majority could be the last election maybe - it seems to me politics around the globe is moving away from capitalism (just my thoughts the only thing concrete here is between my ears...lol) but it appears to me that they may want to be the last capitalists....I'm tapping out now...hahaha

Titanium90
07-02-2021, 04:37 PM
Time to kick that fucking idiot in Ottawa to the curb.

Along with the rest of the liberal scum

IanGTCS
07-05-2021, 08:02 PM
technically this is correct but there was always a price cap until 2009 Libs shock everything up but deregulation and more or less and bent us all over for s big surprise lol...otherwise may not have happened who knows

Hydro in Ontario has been fucked for decades with lots of blame for every party. Are we still paying the Ontario hydro debt charge on every bill? I don't read my whole bill, just the amount I owe.

hammerhead
07-06-2021, 07:47 AM
Hydro in Ontario has been fucked for decades with lots of blame for every party. Are we still paying the Ontario hydro debt charge on every bill? I don't read my whole bill, just the amount I owe.

No they reluctantly removed that charge after creating all the other bullshit charges to keep the actual rate for the hydro from changing too much - they where also under pressure to remove the HST but removed the debt relief charge instead - there is a good story on the web about the fall of Hydro - I will see if I can dig it up....

ZR
07-06-2021, 07:48 AM
I only look at the bottom line, rest of the charges just piss me off.