PDA

View Full Version : Best place to buy Axle back exhaust

MAG5.0
07-10-2021, 04:34 PM
I am actually looking at specifically buying the Roush Axle back. I checked CJ Pony parts and they dont have it for a 2017 Mustang GT.

fast Ed
07-10-2021, 08:52 PM
There are a few Ford dealers in the GTA that can order and sell Roush parts, don't think that they stock much typically though. Also DaSilva Racing in Pickering who are a sponsor here can get their stuff.

Go here and put Ontario Canada in to the locator:

https://www.roushperformance.com/help/dealersearch-parts.html

Barone Performance
07-10-2021, 09:20 PM
My supplier currently has 5 of the Roush Axle-back with chrome tips in stock and ready to ship, you could have them within 3-4 business days.

https://baroneperformance.com/shop/ols/products/roush-axle-back-exhaust-chorme-tips-15-17-mustang-gt

MAG5.0
07-11-2021, 08:43 AM
Thanks but I found them at CJpony parts. Its cheaper to get them from the states even with the exchange and taxes.

RedSN
07-11-2021, 09:17 AM
I checked CJ Pony parts and they dont have it for a 2017 Mustang GT.

Thanks but I found them at CJpony parts.

Will be curious to see how long it takes to receive. Will be hard to beat 3-4 business days.

ZR
07-11-2021, 10:06 AM
Impossible to beat 3-4 business days, especially from a reliable vendor.

MAG5.0
07-11-2021, 03:25 PM
I ordered the Roush X-Pipe from CJ and received it in 3 days. CJ is very reputable across North America for Mustang parts. Like mentioned previously, cheaper than purchasing it here, even with exchange, taxes and shipping.

I had DaSilva install it yesterday.

MAG5.0
07-11-2021, 03:26 PM
Should be 3-4 days to get.

MAG5.0
07-11-2021, 03:40 PM
I just checked my order and it only took 2 days to get. Same with my Wheel spacers from them.

RedSN
07-11-2021, 05:09 PM
I ordered the Roush X-Pipe from CJ and received it in 3 days. …I had DaSilva install it yesterday.
Did he also install a flux capacitor?

Quicksilver
07-11-2021, 05:59 PM
We had that problem 15 years ago when my son tried to run a Mustang parts supply. People would call him for technical specifications, then order from the U.S. They usually got it cheaper than the wholesale price. Adam's business lasted 2 seasons. He just couldn't compete. It's good to support member's business, but not when it costs extra.

MAG5.0
07-11-2021, 06:19 PM
We had that problem 15 years ago when my son tried to run a Mustang parts supply. People would call him for technical specifications, then order from the U.S. They usually got it cheaper than the wholesale price. Adam's business lasted 2 seasons. He just couldn't compete. It's good to support member's business, but not when it costs extra.

Not to mention the ones that purchase parts from another site, that is cheaper and then try to sell it as there own or for much more for that matter. I found that with S550parts. The same product that is suppose to be their own, but you see it on AliExpress for a fraction. Its a shame.

5.4MarkVIII
07-11-2021, 07:22 PM
Yep defiantly a shame that people would rather support large millionaire owned companies rather than support decent paying jobs in their own communities.

Quicksilver
07-12-2021, 09:57 AM
I'm sorry for bringing up 15 year old problems. I can understand human nature. Go for the cheapest price as long as it's the same product. I do it myself. We all do.
Perhaps just a word of explanation.
At the time, encouraged by enthusiastic club members, and with Joe da Silva's help, Adam sunk his life savings (and some of mine) into the business and at first did sort of ok. However, some people remarked in various threads how they were able to score good prices(again, human nature: can't argue with writing about a score), it didn't take long for people to figure out they could buy for less from the U.S. Some people took advantage of the situation. They would spend considerable time on the phone with Adam, finding out all the technical/product information, then get it mail order, sometimes for a just a bit less, sometimes significantly so.
In the end, we had little choice but to give up, and Adam lost a pile of money.
As it happens we still have some brand new Fox body stuff left over: headlights, tailights, small stuff.

1BAD92LX
07-12-2021, 11:20 AM
Did he also install a flux capacitor?

Glad I wasn't the only one confused?

RedSN
07-12-2021, 11:46 AM
I had to re-read it several times. It was a very confusing timeline when you miss the part about the x-pipe

Laffs
07-12-2021, 12:02 PM
Glad you found it, but posting a thread asking the best place to get something then telling everyone why the vendor you initially said didn't stock it is a better choice and actually the best choice confuses me slightly.

1BAD92LX
07-14-2021, 11:27 AM
Did you get your exhaust yet?:stickpoke:

Jack Raccoon!
07-14-2021, 12:05 PM
…..

Jack Raccoon!
07-14-2021, 12:06 PM
I'm sorry for bringing up 15 year old problems. I can understand human nature. Go for the cheapest price as long as it's the same product. I do it myself. We all do.
Perhaps just a word of explanation.
At the time, encouraged by enthusiastic club members, and with Joe da Silva's help, Adam sunk his life savings (and some of mine) into the business and at first did sort of ok. However, some people remarked in various threads how they were able to score good prices(again, human nature: can't argue with writing about a score), it didn't take long for people to figure out they could buy for less from the U.S. Some people took advantage of the situation. They would spend considerable time on the phone with Adam, finding out all the technical/product information, then get it mail order, sometimes for a just a bit less, sometimes significantly so.
In the end, we had little choice but to give up, and Adam lost a pile of money.
As it happens we still have some brand new Fox body stuff left over: headlights, tailights, small stuff.

How is the hip rehab...

MAG5.0
07-14-2021, 04:06 PM
Yes the exhaust is in. Installing tomorrow

Quicksilver
07-14-2021, 05:16 PM
How is the hip rehab...
Getting there. It's the longest bone in the body, and it can take time. It's been 4 months, and the surgeon says another 4-5 months until I'm 100%
Thanks for asking