PDA

View Full Version : fox 2 tone titanium paint code

m_owing
07-28-2021, 05:01 PM
can anyone confirm the paint code/formula for the lower part of a 2-tone 87-93 fox.
My research has brought up a lot of codes, but none of them were correct at the paint supplier, including the number on my door sticker.
The most common name for this I've heard is 'Titanium'

Codes that didn't work
YJ
YG
Dupont C8612

hammerhead
07-29-2021, 07:50 AM
usually Ford is a letter and a number eg. E1 - two tone should have two numbers on the door tag, usually with the main colour # above the accent colour # on the door tag - I've had the same problem with the Pace Car can't seem to get a match the way I remember the colour - It could be another model year colour sometimes from a different decade - I've had factory colours mixed in the past that come back with a different manufacture's name on the can...good luck

hammerhead
07-29-2021, 08:04 AM
I did find an option list for 1987 that confirms the lower accent colour is called titanium

hammerhead
07-29-2021, 08:16 AM
I found this number 167425 Titanium Frost Metallic at this data base website in the 1990 section Ford section - www.hdpaintcode.com/ford/

m_owing
07-29-2021, 04:06 PM
Thanks. I found YX from LMR yesterday (link below) and called the paint shop, it worked. That’s the same as the code you posted above. I’ll report back when I finish paint the bumper.

m_owing
07-29-2021, 04:09 PM
usually Ford is a letter and a number eg. E1 - two tone should have two numbers on the door tag, usually with the main colour # above the accent colour # on the door tag - I've had the same problem with the Pace Car can't seem to get a match the way I remember the colour - It could be another model year colour sometimes from a different decade - I've had factory colours mixed in the past that come back with a different manufacture's name on the can...good luck

Yes, my door tag says 7F (twilight blue met) and 73, which is/was a code for the titanium but they don’t have a formula in their system.