View Full Version : Auto related activities in the GTA…

Stephen06GT
08-08-2021, 11:58 AM
So last night we were sitting at home looking for something to do. My daughter suggested we go watch some racing at Sunset Speedway. Even though it was raining in Bolton, I called Sunset to see if they were still running, and sure enough they said yes. We had a good time and saw some really good racing. So now TMC what other auto related activities do you enjoy doing in the GTA. Favourite cruise spots, race tracks, drive-ins, weekly meets, …

I’ll start:

WNNOTC - Wing Night North of The City, every other Tuesday at Boston Pizza in Aurora (check the TMC board for details)

Sunset Speedway in Barrie. Weekend races only an hour or so north of the GTA (also a nice cruise up there if you take the back roads)

xeninworx
08-08-2021, 12:13 PM
http://www.sunsetspeedway.ca/

Looks interesting. Will definitely have to check it out. How much were tickets?

Stephen06GT
08-08-2021, 12:17 PM
http://www.sunsetspeedway.ca/

Looks interesting. Will definitely have to check it out. How much were tickets?

$25.00 for adults

ZR
08-08-2021, 12:34 PM
Ross n I were talking about Sunset in the afternoon but figured it was raining there as well. :(

xeninworx
08-08-2021, 03:56 PM
http://www.apcracingseries.com/schedule

This is scheduled for this Saturday. Should be a good watch.

mavrrrick
08-08-2021, 05:20 PM
$25.00 for adults

My wife says I’m a child, so do I get that price?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mavrrrick
08-08-2021, 05:21 PM
We should get a group of us one day and all go up at same time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zippy
08-08-2021, 05:25 PM
Auto related activities? Does waving at your car as you walk in side count?
:sarcasm:

Stephen06GT
08-08-2021, 06:13 PM
Auto related activities? Does waving at your car as you walk in side count?
:sarcasm:

No. Get back to work.

Uncle Buck
08-09-2021, 08:31 AM
The drive-in near Sharon is open again.
The Oshawa Automotive museum has some interesting pieces.

I've notice both the DRCMC and Highway 11 Cruisers are starting to host events again.

I've been so busy catching up with family and friends lately there's been little time for car stuff.

Gabe
08-09-2021, 11:48 AM
I went by the Burrito Boyz car meet in Woodbridge last Friday night, there was a huge assortment of cars from various era's. Lots of people, was a great time.

xeninworx
08-09-2021, 03:07 PM
The wife and I are tentatively planning to go on Saturday to Sunset.

FABMAN
08-12-2021, 07:22 PM
The weekly Gladiator Burger car meet in mississauga tonight. Starts at 8pm.

6039 ERIN MILLS PARKWAY, UNIT #2, MISSISSAUGA, ON, L5N 0G5

FABMAN
08-19-2021, 08:39 AM
Is anyone planning on going to the Stampede on August 29th this year? I find it odd that you need to pay $25 to put YOUR car in THEIR car show so they can attract paying visitors…

I will likely pass but curious on other’s thoughts.

Scrape
08-19-2021, 09:08 AM
I too felt that way and never went because of it.
Is anyone planning on going to the Stampede on August 29th this year? I find it odd that you need to pay $25 to put YOUR car in THEIR car show so they can attract paying visitors…

USAWIT2
08-19-2021, 02:35 PM
I have gone in the past, entrance fee is suppose to support local charities which is fine by me.
Don't think there are many walk in spectators when it held at places like Flambourgh speedway

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Stephen06GT
08-19-2021, 02:52 PM

Does this have any connection to the old GHMA Stampede event?

ZR
08-20-2021, 07:40 AM
Yes GHMA

FABMAN
08-20-2021, 08:52 AM
I have gone in the past, entrance fee is suppose to support local charities which is fine by me.
Don't think there are many walk in spectators when it held at places like Flambourgh speedway

Personally, I will only support charitable events that I am aware of and/or that I personally support. When organizers state to support “local charities” that doesn’t sit well with me as I don’t know where the funds are going and to what organizations.

That’s why I like the annual DaSilva event, you know the proceeds are going to support sick kids and that is something I wholeheartedly support.

USAWIT2
08-20-2021, 09:09 AM
Personally, I will only support charitable events that I am aware of and/or that I personally support. When organizers state to support “local charities” that doesn’t sit well with me as I don’t know where the funds are going and to what organizations.

That’s why I like the annual DaSilva event, you know the proceeds are going to support sick kids and that is something I wholeheartedly support.To each their own I guess, it's $25 bucks in the whole scheme of things for cruise/ day out, can't even buy lunch for that nowadays.
Could save the money and let the car sit in the garage but then what's the fun in that

FABMAN
08-31-2021, 07:32 AM
This Thursday Universal Cruisers will be holding their show at Embassy Grand at 8800 Gore Road in Brampton. Runs from 6-9pm and supports hats for awareness.

Usually a good turn out and all makes and models. Weather looks good too.

I believe this is the same group that runs the weekly Friday evening car show in Woodbridge at Burrito Boyz at Hwy 7 and Pinevalley.

Zippy
08-31-2021, 07:49 PM
Was thinking about hitting up TMP on Friday night this week. They are having that jet bus/truck thing do a pass at 9pm. Might be fun.
See how the weather is /shrug

newbiestangowner
08-31-2021, 08:38 PM
Was thinking about hitting up TMP on Friday night this week. They are having that jet bus/truck thing do a pass at 9pm. Might be fun.
See how the weather is /shrug

I think that’s the one Richard goes to with the shooting flames( bbq) unless that’s the Nitro championship :)

FABMAN
09-08-2021, 06:36 PM
Universal Cruisers will be holding their show at Embassy Grand at 8800 Gore Road in Brampton. This week it is from 6-9pm tonight. Show was enormous last week!