PDA

View Full Version : Hi-flow Cats

lilrifraf666
08-16-2021, 01:52 PM
On my '96 Cobra, the Magnaflow hi-flow cat on the passenger side with a BBK h-pipe started rattling inside, thinking about sticking with the same as I was able to pass emissions and they have been on there for I think 7 years now, will be changing both. Question is, stick with the Magnaflows or Flowmasters or?

maxwell6
08-16-2021, 02:47 PM
On my 02 I use pypes high flow cats. Easy install and also passed emissions. But you wont need to now.

Zippy
08-16-2021, 07:36 PM
Probably sticking with the same thing again will make the most sense in terms of replacement. If you go with another Cat, it may be longer or shorter and require more work to install them (lengthening or shortening the pipe to make the cats fit).
Vibrant sells a smaller 'bullet' style cat that helps with putting cats in smaller places.

If you're looking to never replace the cat again, look into buying GESI cats, as they seem to be the best ones on the market, but the price is alot more then a standard magnaflow/vibrant cat

ZR
08-16-2021, 08:46 PM
Another vote for step up to Gesi cats n be done with it.

Jack Raccoon!
08-17-2021, 10:23 AM
I have Hillbilly cats. When I change gears it sounds like I'm driving through Jane/Finch...

bbriann
08-17-2021, 11:35 AM
Another vote for step up to Gesi cats n be done with it.
Good option, but can't get over the price...

lilrifraf666
08-17-2021, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the replies. Gesi's are pricey and I would have to add some piping, Pypes, not to fond of the mini style. Thinking I might have to stick with the Magnaflow's as it's just cut at the welds, reweld and be done with it. Anybody know a guy or know where I can get a decent price on a set?

bbriann
08-17-2021, 04:54 PM
Thanks for the replies. Gesi's are pricey and I would have to add some piping, Pypes, not to fond of the mini style. Thinking I might have to stick with the Magnaflow's as it's just cut at the welds, reweld and be done with it. Anybody know a guy or know where I can get a decent price on a set?

In end probably cheaper to buy new x magnaflow with cats then purchase and cost install...but could be wrong

Zippy
08-17-2021, 05:14 PM

I'm sure Lou @ Barone Performance or Kashus @ Da'silva Racing can get you whatever you want.