PDA

View Full Version : Dear car companies: Nostalgia is a deep but empty well

Old Fart
08-21-2021, 10:24 AM
https://www.hagerty.com/media/opinion/dear-car-companies-nostalgia-is-a-deep-but-empty-well/?utm_source=SFMC&utm_medium=email&utm_content=Wednesday_DailyDriver&hashed_email=3864c0a4f19698c37180873f4bbf3bf08c900 3fb2eea06ea9c9d41754cd4bbce

https://i.postimg.cc/WzLSDkFT/COUNTACH-LPI800-4-7.jpg

Laffs
08-22-2021, 09:33 PM
The Countach is one of my top 3 favourite all time cars. It’s McLaren F1, Countach, Testarossa. And that orders changes by the day.

When I first saw the tease that Lambo was relaunching the brand I immediately texted my father how hyped I was. It was an all caps text.

Then when I saw the leaked press photos I texted him again with more caps and exclamations how supremely hyped I was. I thought it looked super rad and was a worthy bearer of that name. I saw a bunch of other car guys on social media doing the same.

Since then EVERY car journo has SHAT all over it saying it’s a cynical cash grab, it’s not moving the brand forward, it’s not worthy of the name, etc. To me I don’t care if it’s not revolutionary styling or revolutionary tech. I think it looks fuckin rad and would be a beloved fixture on a poster above an 8 year olds bed. And that’s what Lambo has always been to me. Super sexy styling, loud exhausts, and just a “hint” of Cocaine dust in the air.

Idk. If I had big big pockets this would be the only super car right now I’d actually want to grab.

92redragtop
08-22-2021, 10:12 PM
Yup I like both the original and the re-launch. Not sure why it's getting panned so much - the updated styling looks great IMO.

ZR
08-23-2021, 07:17 AM
Really like the updated version.

Scrape
08-23-2021, 07:54 AM
Agreed. It is stunning.
Really like the updated version.

Zutz2v
08-23-2021, 08:28 AM
The Countach is one of my top 3 favourite all time cars. It’s McLaren F1, Countach, Testarossa. And that orders changes by the day.

When I first saw the tease that Lambo was relaunching the brand I immediately texted my father how hyped I was. It was an all caps text.

Then when I saw the leaked press photos I texted him again with more caps and exclamations how supremely hyped I was. I thought it looked super rad and was a worthy bearer of that name. I saw a bunch of other car guys on social media doing the same.

Since then EVERY car journo has SHAT all over it saying it’s a cynical cash grab, it’s not moving the brand forward, it’s not worthy of the name, etc. To me I don’t care if it’s not revolutionary styling or revolutionary tech. I think it looks fuckin rad and would be a beloved fixture on a poster above an 8 year olds bed. And that’s what Lambo has always been to me. Super sexy styling, loud exhausts, and just a “hint” of Cocaine dust in the air.

Idk. If I had big big pockets this would be the only super car right now I’d actually want to grab.

Couldn’t agree more, also it needs to be purple lol for me anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zutz2v
08-23-2021, 08:32 AM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210823/b5a7ee17422e90b826fcdd222469c45f.jpg

I love it, I think they nailed it. It also has over 800HP

Laffs
08-23-2021, 08:53 AM
Couldn’t agree more, also it needs to be purple lol for me anyways

For me the Diablo looks best in the SE30 purple, the Countach has to be white or red.

Zippy
08-23-2021, 12:00 PM
It's funny how much bigger it is. Looks great