PDA

View Full Version : Keeping Inside of Windshield Clean

Dilbert
08-22-2021, 01:25 PM
A week or two after cleaning thoroughly, my 2019 GT windshield starts to develop a haze. Anyone else have this problem?
It looks like I’m still smoking in the car.
The only theory I have is there is some kind of off-gassing from adhesives or materials in the heat causing this. Hopefully it will gradually stop.

xeninworx
08-22-2021, 02:15 PM
Had to clean my window recently because the dashmat that I have stays on the dash via Velcro with a sticky back. So in the hot sun the adhesive gasses off and hazes my windshield. Cleaned it a couple weeks ago with Stoners and their triangular cleaning tool. Crystal clear.

ZR
08-22-2021, 04:41 PM
A week or two after cleaning thoroughly, my 2019 GT windshield starts to develop a haze. Anyone else have this problem?
It looks like I’m still smoking in the car.
The only theory I have is there is some kind of off-gassing from adhesives or materials in the heat causing this. Hopefully it will gradually stop.

Exact same with my '20

xeninworx
08-22-2021, 05:38 PM
When you park the car, do you leave the climate control on the windshield defroster? I always leave mine set to the cabin. One time with the Civic, I had it set to the defroster, parked it in the pouring rain for a few hours. When I got in the car the inside of the windshield was dripping wet.

Dilbert
08-24-2021, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the confirmation ZR. Hopefully, it will stop eventually.

CON VERT
08-24-2021, 04:59 PM
U should try to keep the VERT's windshield clean :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

redo75
08-29-2021, 10:51 AM
This may be hard to do these days, but avoid parking in the hot sun with all windows up.

shakin
08-29-2021, 02:21 PM
Windscreen shade(inside, folding) or a windscreen cover for the outside.
Convertibles are a different beast, the dust also gets onto the inside of the windscreen when the roof is down.