PDA

View Full Version : Election Day 2021...

Stephen06GT
09-20-2021, 07:32 AM
Today's the day. Time to step away from the keyboard and go mark your "X"

Scrape
09-20-2021, 07:49 AM
Did mine last week.

Stephen06GT
09-20-2021, 07:55 AM
Did mine last week.

Me too.

RedSN
09-20-2021, 08:13 AM
Ugh. Dreading it. All the candidates in my riding SUCK, except for one. And it’s the one I CAN’T support her leader.

Blackmare
09-20-2021, 08:45 AM
Me too.Same here.

redo75
09-20-2021, 09:46 AM
In politics when voting for a candidate you must use the negative equation of "Good - Better - Best" .... and just hope.
Same equation used today in engineering parts location on modern cars and trucks and high end vehicle occupant features.

Snaketamer
09-20-2021, 09:52 AM
Did mine last week.

Ditto...

92redragtop
09-20-2021, 10:40 AM
Yup-last Friday.

Gr8Stang
09-20-2021, 10:54 AM
Got out to the early polls last week and it was nice and quiet. Imagine it might be a bit of a zoo today....and take longer due to all the additional COVID protocols.

mavrrrick
09-20-2021, 07:26 PM
Voted after work in Pickering…. In and out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedSN
09-20-2021, 07:34 PM
Went after work. Walked to the polling station. Zero line-up.

Now I’m drinking my sorrows and regrets away with a couple of triple IPA’s.

Snaketamer
09-20-2021, 07:40 PM

Doing the same.... poor fucking Canada!

5.4MarkVIII
09-20-2021, 08:10 PM
from what I'm reading on social media. gonna be a lot of vote splitting on both sides this time around. not sure yet if that's good or bad.

ZR
09-20-2021, 08:12 PM
What a fuck up, ID handled by three different peeps. You'd think just once they'd get a better handle on things especially given whats going on right now.

92redragtop
09-20-2021, 08:29 PM

A couple?

hammerhead
09-20-2021, 09:17 PM
What a fuck up, ID handled by three different peeps. You'd think just once they'd get a better handle on things especially given whats going on right now.

i was thinking the same thing in there - luck we have no covid in our town

hammerhead
09-20-2021, 09:19 PM
Ugh. Dreading it. All the candidates in my riding SUCK, except for one. And it’s the one I CAN’T support her leader.

my vote was merely defensive...

Gr8Stang
09-20-2021, 09:45 PM
Voted after work in Pickering…. In and out.

Bet I know who you DIDN'T vote for :spitcoffee:

Gr8Stang
09-20-2021, 09:48 PM
How long does everyone think it will take before we finally know the outcome of this election? Some were saying there might be a large number of mail in votes?

mavrrrick
09-21-2021, 07:01 AM
I can't believe that clown is still in!!!

Zutz2v
09-21-2021, 07:07 AM
I’m glad you guys were able to vote quickly. I had to wait over 2 hours in line. I literally was waiting on a 400 series highway ramp behind At least 3-4K people. I finally voted at 9:45pm. There was still the same amount waiting. The cops started turning people away. That’s disgusting. Who ever said to themselves that putting all of Vaughan and king at 1 location to “ eliminate the spread of covid” has to be mentally delayed. Oh and before I even won I was getting notifications on my phone that liberals won. Call me an asshole but I feel this shit was rigged. Most people I hear talking wanted that guy out.

5.4MarkVIII
09-21-2021, 07:31 AM
no amount of Corruption. bigotry, sexism. will stop a liberal from voting liberal. they all stay quiet and then they always vote the same. I for one will no longer sit quietly by while the left labels the right as racist.

they voted back in a blackface moron with creditable sexual assault allegations. who didn't force rapists members of his party to step down until he absolutely had to

they have no moral high ground. everyone who voted Liberal is a baby killing, racist, who believes in the suppression of women.

don't like that statement i really don't give a fuck

Stephen06GT
09-21-2021, 07:40 AM
... Most people I hear talking wanted that guy out.

Maybe if all those talking that "wanted the guy out" stepped away from their phones or tablets and went out and voted the results may have been different. Voter turnout was only 58% (the number I heard on the radio).

StAnger
09-21-2021, 07:59 AM
Well that was a huge waste of time

mavrrrick
09-21-2021, 08:02 AM
And a waste of 610 million dollars!!!

ZR
09-21-2021, 08:03 AM
Maybe if all those talking that "wanted the guy out" stepped away from their phones or tablets and went out and voted the results may have been different. Voter turnout was only 58% (the number I heard on the radio).

Yup, obviously too busy leaving it to others to make it happen.

https://whatthefuckjusthappenedtoday.com/public/wtfjht-f.jpg

5.4MarkVIII
09-21-2021, 08:15 AM
Haven’t seen the numbers in our area but according to the workers at the polls. They though record numbers. As always it’s moot.
Rural areas always vote conservative but don't matter since the city vote always decides who gets elected.

hammerhead
09-21-2021, 08:25 AM
And a waste of 610 million dollars!!!

population of 37.5 million as of 2019 - but can't give each family (not each person) weather it be one or ten in a family one million dollars to ease them through covid or just help them get a place to live - but justify 610 million for an super-spreader election threat that amounts to nothing...

1986stangfan
09-21-2021, 05:21 PM
I noticed that a lot of risings were a very close race between liberal and conservative. PPC seems to have stolen enough at the popular vote to sway the numbers in favour of the liberals by very small margins. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210921/23cdf45edccf1234fecb41a9fe4ab768.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210921/2e4f0409c235574603c50782f1cf311d.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210921/5269e689cec5131e2172c4f5038625dd.jpg

92redragtop
09-21-2021, 05:56 PM
Yup, PPC helped the Liberals outside Quebec and the Bloc did so inside. Still no seats but got enough people out to do damage to the Conservatives.

Gr8Stang
09-21-2021, 07:48 PM
I’m glad you guys were able to vote quickly. I had to wait over 2 hours in line. I literally was waiting on a 400 series highway ramp behind At least 3-4K people. I finally voted at 9:45pm. There was still the same amount waiting. The cops started turning people away. That’s disgusting. Who ever said to themselves that putting all of Vaughan and king at 1 location to “ eliminate the spread of covid” has to be mentally delayed. Oh and before I even won I was getting notifications on my phone that liberals won. Call me an asshole but I feel this shit was rigged. Most people I hear talking wanted that guy out.

Sad part is, Conservatives once again had the bigger popular vote number. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter for anything. Pretty frustrating for the rest of Canada when the vote in Ontario and Quebec generally decides every election.

But I don't blame Trudeau and his minions from here on in for their behavior, corruption, stupidity and lack of financial accountability; that falls squarely on those that rewarded them by voting them in...AGAIN.

Zutz2v
09-21-2021, 07:54 PM
It’s
Sad all around. Liberals have some great ideas but they steal wayyy to much. And the conservatives aren’t to much better these days. I miss Harper

Gr8Stang
09-21-2021, 08:10 PM
It’s
Sad all around. Liberals have some great ideas but they steal wayyy to much. And the conservatives aren’t to much better these days. I miss Harper

You're right. We have very little choice these days. Accountability in government is unheard of. And no party would ever want to bring in a bill that actually keeps them accountable.

5.4MarkVIII
09-21-2021, 08:16 PM
Vote me in. I’d immediately half the size of government and cap all government wages at 100k per year. Stop funding media and big business. And make it illegal for business AND unions to lobby.

Show people the cost saving at eliminating the bloated mass that is politics. And then be immediately voted out. Lol

1986stangfan
09-21-2021, 08:54 PM
Vote me in. I’d immediately half the size of government and cap all government wages at 100k per year. Stop funding media and big business. And make it illegal for business AND unions to lobby.

Show people the cost saving at eliminating the bloated mass that is politics. And then be immediately voted out. Lol

You’ve got my vote

RedSN
09-21-2021, 11:06 PM
Vote me in.
Name on the ballot?
:waiting:

Zutz2v
09-22-2021, 07:03 AM

You got my vote lmao

5.4MarkVIII
09-22-2021, 07:27 AM
Name on the ballot?
:waiting:

it would be a waist of time and money i dont have. Id be labeled a racist or sexist by the liberal machine and it would quickly end both my political carrier and then my business when the woke crowd calls for boycott revenge. this is the state of our politicos and this is why nothing will change. look to teh Ontario PC stepping up years ago and saying we are fucked and we need to make sacrifices. they lost because of it.

or look to the shit show that the US is. the democrat machine worked tirelessly to end Trump despite him improving the lives of middleclass Americans by pretty much every metric. now they have the joke that is Biden a corrupt swamp thing that has actually done every bad thing they ever accused Trump of and then some and no one cares. the average voter is too stupid to realize they are being played like a fiddle.

hammerhead
09-22-2021, 08:05 AM
Yup, PPC helped the Liberals outside Quebec and the Bloc did so inside. Still no seats but got enough people out to do damage to the Conservatives.

I wonder if people got confused with the signage which appeared a clever tactic to me...

Black Sheep
09-22-2021, 10:15 AM
We r screwed….or more screwed…idk…..time to think harder about moving…

Wife now has her dual citizenship. That is one more step forward.

Gr8Stang
09-22-2021, 02:03 PM
We r screwed….or more screwed…idk…..time to think harder about moving…

Wife now has her dual citizenship. That is one more step forward.

To the U.S.? Is so, depending on where you're thinking of moving to, might not be much better. They have their own set of problems.:shrug:

Quicksilver
09-22-2021, 02:38 PM
1] 40 % of the eligible population did not vote

2] The conservatives got over 1,000,000 more of the actual votes than the Liberals

Perhaps our system needs some tinkering

3] It absolutely boggles my mind how ANYONE could vote for that spineless, China -loving, lying, cheating, misogynistic, hypocritical racist IDIOT whose only claim to fame is his father. In my entire circle of family, friends, and clients, only ONE person is an avowed Liberal. In talking to him, you might as well be talking to a brick wall. His beliefs cannot be shaken, even by giving him proof. I imagine that's where the liberal votes came from.

4] Yes, the PPC definitely cost some Conservative votes

Black Sheep
09-22-2021, 03:20 PM
To the U.S.? Is so, depending on where you're thinking of moving to, might not be much better. They have their own set of problems.:shrug:

To a warmer climate where my worries will be focused on which beach to go to on that day and if I have enough ice in the cooler…lol

hammerhead
09-22-2021, 03:48 PM
1] 40 % of the eligible population did not vote

2] The conservatives got over 1,000,000 more of the actual votes than the Liberals

Perhaps our system needs some tinkering

3] It absolutely boggles my mind how ANYONE could vote for that spineless, China -loving, lying, cheating, misogynistic, hypocritical racist IDIOT whose only claim to fame is his father. In my entire circle of family, friends, and clients, only ONE person is an avowed Liberal. In talking to him, you might as well be talking to a brick wall. His beliefs cannot be shaken, even by giving him proof. I imagine that's where the liberal votes came from.

4] Yes, the PPC definitely cost some Conservative votes

kinda like talking to vaxxers...lol - like smokers who just quit - maybe most of the voters are just like the one they select....who knows at least its a minority!!!!

LX89
09-22-2021, 08:52 PM
I was hoping that punk would get the boot this time and every other time but the puppet gets re-elected with another minority.
What a massive waste of money.

1quikgt
09-22-2021, 10:35 PM
I blame the PPC. All because Bernier was butt hurt he lost the conservative leadership election. Goes and starts his own party and steals votes from the PC’s allowing the Liberals to sneak by in ridings. Why do people continue to vote for a party whose leader can’t win his own fucking riding?

Gr8Stang
09-22-2021, 10:56 PM
To a warmer climate where my worries will be focused on which beach to go to on that day and if I have enough ice in the cooler…lol

NICE!!!!

newbiestangowner
09-23-2021, 01:24 AM
you going Ayala Alabang :clap2: or Tagaytay ? :highfive:

ya looking to cash out/ pack it in here lol- since both kids seem headed to Asia anyways, but there seems political head aches everywhere lol.
( checked the exchange rate I think its X36/38 peso for one canadian dollar )

https://youtu.be/jqLEOLepXu4

https://youtu.be/Wmjm7yrW15E

But then there’s this guy but he’ll probably be gone by that time :)
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210923/71e2d9dc19fa14d4a80c43413de33d95.jpg

Replaced by this guy :shrug:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210923/10cd0164ff5a5b2e3d916081a72bdb6b.jpg

ZR
09-23-2021, 07:16 AM
While the system is broken allowing small pockets to decide way too much for all of us, to me largest issue is peeps sitting at home thinking votes from others will take things in the direction they'd like to see. So if it comes down to basically the same peeps voting at each election n pretty much set as to who is most appealing to them, how is anything ever going to change?? Since election, been making a point of asking peeps I know if they voted, blew me away how many did not and for the reason above. :(

Scrape
09-23-2021, 07:31 AM
I hope to go visit there next year. I told the Mrs that we should just move there.

ya looking to cash out/ pack it in here lol- since both kids seem headed to Asia anyways, but there seems political head aches everywhere lol.

newbiestangowner
09-23-2021, 10:37 AM
I hope to go visit there next year. I told the Mrs that we should just move there.

You might as well go Hong Kong etc
While you’re down there, all within the neighborhood :)

Black Sheep
09-23-2021, 11:06 AM

Next few times we are there…if we ever get out of this crazy shiat …we want to check out Lipa and Tagaytay. That would be 4-5 hrs drive from her family….and that still might be to close…lol
Would want to be far from metro Manila, but close enough for health care and major airport.
Would also like to have a place on the water in Coron, as a retreat rest house.
I would stay in the country side all the time,,but,,,wife loves shopping and would get bored if we weren’t close to some sort of mall.
When things get back to normal, we will spend 4-5 months a year there to see if we like it enough.
Time will tell….

Scrape
09-23-2021, 09:07 PM
Definitely will!
You might as well go Hong Kong etc
While you’re down there, all within the neighborhood :)

Scrape
09-23-2021, 09:10 PM
The Mrs was there actually during her last vacation. She said it was beautiful in Tagaytay.
Next few times we are there…if we ever get out of this crazy shiat …we want to check out Lipa and Tagaytay. That would be 4-5 hrs drive from her family….and that still might be to close…lol
Would want to be far from metro Manila, but close enough for health care and major airport.
Would also like to have a place on the water in Coron, as a retreat rest house.
I would stay in the country side all the time,,but,,,wife loves shopping and would get bored if we weren’t close to some sort of mall.
When things get back to normal, we will spend 4-5 months a year there to see if we like it enough.
Time will tell….

Black Sheep
09-24-2021, 08:28 AM
The Mrs was there actually during her last vacation. She said it was beautiful in Tagaytay.

$500,000.00 buys a reallllllly nice house there.
The most beautiful place I have seen so far is Palawan. Just a lot of tourists though.