PDA

View Full Version : Toronto's Speed Cameras Will Be Popping Up In 50 New Spots Next Month & Here's Where

True Blue
10-17-2021, 09:27 AM
https://www.narcity.com/toronto/torontos-speed-cameras-will-be-popping-up-in-50-new-spots-next-month--heres-where

Schedule B
Highway Traffic Act
Speeding Kilometres Set Fine
a) 1-19 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $2.50 per kilometre
b) 20-29 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $3.75 per kilometre
c) 30-49 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $6.00 per kilometre
d) 50 kilometres per hour or more over the maximum speed limit No out of court settlement

Schedule D
Highway Traffic Act
Speeding – Community Safety Zone Kilometres Set Fine
a) 1-19 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $5.00 per kilometre
b) 20-29 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $7.50 per kilometre
c) 30-49 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $12.00 per kilometre
d) 50 kilometres per hour or more over the maximum speed limit No out of court settlement

Schedule E
Highway Traffic Act
Speeding – Construction Zone Kilometres Set Fine
a) 1-19 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $2.50 per kilometre
b) 20-29 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $3.75 per kilometre
c) 30-49 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $6.00 per kilometre

Schedule F
Highway Traffic Act
Speeding – Construction Zone Worker Present Kilometres Set Fine
a) 1-19 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $5.00 per kilometre
b) 20-29 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $7.50 per kilometre
c) 30-49 kilometres per hour over the maximum speed limit $12.00 per kilometre

bbriann
10-17-2021, 11:24 AM
Simply just another form of tax...

ZR
10-17-2021, 11:43 AM
Govt has long since become a self serving entity.

1quikgt
10-17-2021, 11:55 AM
Simply just another form of tax...

1000% it is. Having said that, I just don’t understand how anyone gets caught by one. Here in Durham they post a sign that tells you there’s a speed camera in the area. Slow down for 5 seconds until you pass it and you’re home free.

ZR
10-17-2021, 11:57 AM
Repeat offender numbers in GTA is staggering.
On one hand, totally pisses me off camera's are out there but on other hand if the numbers are correct (speed / number of speeders) it's crystal clear something needed to be done. What I have the largest issue with, the chicken shiat speed traps down hill and or in areas where somewhat over makes zero difference in the world.

1quikgt
10-17-2021, 12:26 PM
I agree ZR. Out this way they only use them in school zones and community safety zones where there’s no need to be going way over the limit. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m always driving over the limit and have had my share of tickets. No ones fault but the person driving over the limit.

Gabe
10-17-2021, 12:48 PM
I got a ticket in the mail last week (well actually my employer did as I have a company car) for doing 47 in a 30.
I didn’t even know there were 30 zones

bbriann
10-17-2021, 05:40 PM
Getting a camera ticket is like one time my employer asking for a doctor's note for phoning in sick 3 months after calling in sick for a week.....I could not even remember the illness....I said I will leave work and go to emergency department and ask for a note...they said not to bother....getting a ticket way after.fact fixes nothing, strictly cash grab.

StAnger
10-17-2021, 07:31 PM
On one hand, totally pisses me off camera's are out there but on other hand if the numbers are correct (speed / number of speeders) it's crystal clear something needed to be done. What I have the largest issue with, the chicken shiat speed traps down hill and or in areas where somewhat over makes zero difference in the world.

But how many of those are for 1 kilometre over the limit?

92redragtop
10-17-2021, 07:59 PM

Agreed - I don't have an issue with the cameras outside a school (like in King City) but the "fishing hole" speed traps at the bottom of hills, etc are pure lazy tax grabs.

That said, every time I drive through King City I slow down to speed limit since it's well marked about the camera and always get cars driving past me at 10+ over the limit which is outside a school. They just put a speed camera close to Fast Ed's home so I'm sure they'll catch a lot of speeders there because it was a popular spot for OPP to pick up speeders (40 zone)....hopefully not Fast Ed though.

92redragtop
10-17-2021, 08:07 PM
I got a ticket in the mail last week (well actually my employer did as I have a company car) for doing 47 in a 30.
I didn’t even know there were 30 zones

Not sure where the ticket was issued but I think City of Toronto lowered a lot of local limits from 40 to 30 over the past couple years (from the ones I've driven it seems to be tight residential streets where street permit parking on both sides is a big thing since many homes don't have driveways and I guess kids run out between cars?)....not sure if other municipalities did it also.

Gabe
10-17-2021, 09:23 PM
Yes, was in the city of Toronto. I rarely go into the city, but picked up a customer from his house (as he is working from home these days) and took him out for lunch.

ZR
10-17-2021, 09:40 PM
Bulk of the streets around me have been 50k for the last yr or so, lots of camera's.

92redragtop
10-17-2021, 10:05 PM
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/toronto/article-dropping-speed-limits-in-central-toronto-has-made-pedestrians-safer/

https://www.toronto.ca/legdocs/mmis/2021/te/bgrd/backgroundfile-166514.pdf

50 to 30 - big drop

Gr8Stang
10-18-2021, 12:09 AM
Here in Alberta, they actually have cops in either F150's or Explorers set up in school or construction zones (as well on the highways) with photo radar. It's 30 kph in schools zones. We have a school just up the street from us and have seen them setup there. Stop lights with both speed and stop light running are common here. They do have signs to warn you prior to the intersections where they are setup.....so as long as you're paying attention, you should have fair warning.

redo75
10-18-2021, 09:24 AM
Speed cameras business must be good money if the cops in Calgary drive F150's and Explorer's now.
Years ago 6 ~8 yrs now, the little black Ford Escape SUV parked on the side of the highway in construction zones was a sign to "slow down".
While visiting, used my son's car to get around, son too busy so I wasn't told about speed cameras.
After coming home to London, I got a call about a month later "Dad I got all these speeding tickets" in the mail today.
Ha Ha. Your turn son to pay now.

mavrrrick
10-18-2021, 09:48 AM
^^^^PRICELESS^^^^

RedSN
10-18-2021, 10:08 AM
They do have signs to warn you prior to the intersections where they are setup.....so as long as you're paying attention, you should have fair warning.
In addition to those signs, these signs VVV are everywhere!
https://www.impulsivetravelerguy.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/945-1.jpg

Zee
10-18-2021, 11:45 AM
Absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with forced taxation of city residents.
There are no children in school zones at 10pm, cars are 1000000x safer for the people/cars you hit and for the driver/passenger than they were 10years ago.
I hope more of these cameras get their lenses spray painted, huge cash grab for these bums at city hall.

What every major intersection does need is red light cameras. Especially in Brampton and Mississauga.

1quikgt
10-18-2021, 04:13 PM
Absolutely nothing to do with safety and everything to do with forced taxation of city residents.
There are no children in school zones at 10pm, cars are 1000000x safer for the people/cars you hit and for the driver/passenger than they were 10years ago.
I hope more of these cameras get their lenses spray painted, huge cash grab for these bums at city hall.

What every major intersection does need is red light cameras. Especially in Brampton and Mississauga.

I agree with it has nothing to do with safety and it’s just for the cities to pad their bottom line. I just don’t understand everyone’s anger though. We all know the speed limits and we’re well aware of what happens if we get caught speeding. Literally no one’s fault but our own if we’re caught, whether it’s by a camera or an officer.

Quicksilver
10-18-2021, 04:41 PM
While on the subject of speeding. Anyone travel the 404 or 407? Both are like race tracks. At 130kph, I'm the proverbial roadblock in the centre lane. If I go 140 in the left lane, inevitably someone in an SUV will sit 3" from my rear bumper blinking their lights at me. Just how fast are you supposed to go? Everybody and I mean everybody, including mothers and their children, pass me doing 140 or more. And Motorcycles: Packs of them doing 170 or 180, lane splitting and weaving in and out of traffic.

RedSN
10-18-2021, 08:22 PM
…in the left lane, inevitably someone in an SUV will sit 3" from my rear bumper blinking their lights at me.
Maybe get out of the left lane? :shrug:

newbiestangowner
10-18-2021, 08:49 PM
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20211019/8bbf74bd163b755d1adee8687a99d1ba.jpg

Quicksilver
10-19-2021, 08:56 AM
Maybe get out of the left lane? :shrug:

A few years ago I would have stayed in the lane. Now, being a tired old man and no longer in a fighting mood, I'll usually just move over

RedSN
10-19-2021, 09:37 AM
A few years ago I would have stayed in the lane. Now, …I'll usually just move over
:facepalm:

YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO MOVE OVER

redo75
10-19-2021, 09:45 AM
I am a right hand lane man for 15 yrs now. Driving talk OK.
While my car could run with some of the road warriors in there high and lower priced rusty junk out there and tailgating in the left lane, but what is the prize ???
No prize money in my pocket, no 1 ST place finish plaque, maybe negative news coverage at 6 and 11, hiding cruisers, radar, cameras and tell-tail old people with cell phones dash cameras.
No pay outs from my pocket for stupid fines to government coffers, though I think were are lucky Ford is in, imagine Wyne in there.
No thanks, I arrive in TO just the same with no fustrations, maybe it takes a little longer.

Zee
10-19-2021, 09:46 AM
:facepalm:

YOU’RE SUPPOSED TO MOVE OVER

^^ this.