PDA

View Full Version : Salvation Army shoots own foot

Chinga
11-30-2021, 09:54 AM
For those that donate you may want to look in to their recent attempt at being "woke".

A guide was produced by their Social Justice Commission and has been now withdrawn after much backlash. This will ultimately have an impact on donations when it is the time of year when most needed.

Go look for yourself.

Ponyryd
11-30-2021, 07:10 PM
I saw that too, that will be the last time I donate to them. I should not have to apologize for being white to help the needy. Whoever thought of that crap needs to be fired immediately….
Oh, and IBTL : )

mavrrrick
11-30-2021, 10:03 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/politics/salvation-army-ditches-pulls-controversial-racism-guide-amid-public-outcry.amp

Wow… will never donate again either. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zutz2v
11-30-2021, 11:32 PM
The war on Christianity continues….. thanks for sharing, will not donate any longer.

mavrrrick
12-01-2021, 08:30 AM
Apologize for being white??? WTF!!!

5.4MarkVIII
12-01-2021, 08:43 AM
Welcome to the 1619 project and critical race theory. This is being taught in schools. For sure in the US. I would assume here to.

Chinga
12-01-2021, 11:50 AM
Thanks to all for not turning this in to something that would get this "moved" elsewhere or locked. I merely wanted to bring this to the attention of people without making it a shitshow of a thread.

bluetoy
12-01-2021, 01:00 PM
I walked right by the Salvation army collection guy today. The red ball was empty. I felt bad for him but I will no longer support them. My mother always supported them and instilled in me to do the same. Sadly that has come to an end. I'm glad she is not here to see this disgrace.

R3troGT
12-01-2021, 02:09 PM
How anyone pushing this shit can' see the Hypocrisy is beyond me :slap:

StAnger
12-01-2021, 03:34 PM
I have my reasons for not giving to the Salvation Army, but this enforces it.

Ponyryd
12-17-2021, 12:08 AM
Welcome to the 1619 project and critical race theory. This is being taught in schools. For sure in the US. I would assume here to.

Not according to my kids-not yet at least, but rest assured I will be at the school meetings if that happens.

This cost the SA big so far, and how sad that a few high-paid morons have really hurt those who they are supposed to serve-they definitely need to be held accountable. Well it’s like they say “get woke, go broke”……

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/12/the_salvation_army_pays_a_big_price_for_its_foray_ into_wokedom.html?fbclid=IwAR2Srt6wYo2-hMCHZTstOFEjkPfD2r1d0QgZ7Re6CpmAAm5NTxroJywmTMk

Ponyryd
12-22-2021, 05:22 PM
After much backlash and changing their tune, now the Salvation Army is hosting a 2 day event on racial justice-I guess they didn’t learn their lesson???

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2021/12/the_salvation_army_takes_an_even_deeper_dive_into_ wokedom.html

The Salvation Army, having faced a massive backlash because of November's "Let's Talk About Racism" guide, doesn't seem to have learned its lesson. It's now announced that, in January, it will be offering a two-day racial justice forum in Illinois. This turn to the left does not bode well for an organization that has already seen a significant drop in charitable donations since it decided to embrace leftist politics.

Since its founding in 1865, the Salvation Army has been one of the most effective charitable organizations in America. Its members have reached out to and helped the poor, the hungry, and the broken, both physically and spiritually. However, in November, the Salvation Army issued a guidebook entitled "Let's Talk About Racism," which seemed to be trying to shift its salvation focus to Critical Race Theory. The pushback was so great that the Salvation Army pulled the guidebook. Despite having done so, though, in some regions, the Salvation Army saw a precipitous decline in both volunteers and donations.

One would think the beat-down it took in November and December, in terms of both public opprobrium and financial losses, would have caused the Salvation Army to think twice about adding a big dollop of Marxist-inspired Critical Race Theory to its core theology. One would be wrong, however, to think that. Fox News reports that the Salvation Army's Metropolitan Division is offering a two-day long racial justice forum:

Mellow Yellow
12-22-2021, 11:04 PM
The Windsor Star reported today the the local Red Kettle campaign is short $200,000 from its anticipated receipts.

ZR
12-22-2021, 11:09 PM
I just don't understand how things could have got so out of control there.

Ponyryd
12-23-2021, 12:26 AM
I just don't understand how things could have got so out of control there.

The liberal “woke” agenda knows no bounds, in this case they are harming the poor, which is terribly sad. The people in charge will see no consequences though, and still make their regular salary and possibly more from doing interviews and what not. I refuse to be a part of this disaster, I have donated zero dollars to SA this year, which is the first time in probably 20 years for me.

ZR
12-23-2021, 12:44 AM
Focused my donations elsewhere this year as well.
Agree 100% with you.
Night.

92redragtop
12-23-2021, 01:06 AM
The Windsor Star reported today the the local Red Kettle campaign is short $200,000 from its anticipated receipts.

From the article you referenced:
Major Danny Pinksen, executive director of the Centre of Hope in downtown Windsor, said this year’s campaign has been affected by there being significantly fewer volunteers than usual due to COVID-19 concerns.

Today was the first day I saw a SA kettle in a retail location today so lower traffic and staffing due to the pandemic definitely is affecting their local market coverage...plus, their typical volunteer profile fall in to high risk demographics for the virus.

SA US said at the end of November that they actually surpassed their Giving Tuesday targets (and these are more relevant since the controversial policies described above are US-focused and affect their local/regional markets. As an accountant, I guess you know it's best to wait until their audited financials covering the period in question (related to the "controversy") are posted to actually assess the negative impacts of said controversy, if any.