PDA

View Full Version : Corrosion Free Application.......................

ZR
12-14-2021, 11:19 PM
Third year at the third different location I've had it applied. Well, finally finally finally found a shop that does it right. Truck + Santa Fe are both slathered from stem to stern and every inch in between. Thanks for the tip Glen, you rock Mr.
Shop is "Attention To Detail" in Oshawa. It's a Father n Son business who just like the name suggests, pay attention to the details. Many thanks guys.

Attention To Detail
352 Ritson Rd North
Oshawa
905 725 0291

https://corrosionfree.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/corrosion-free-logo.png

http://attentiontodetailauto.com/images/attentiontodetail.jpg

newbiestangowner
12-15-2021, 12:04 AM
Appointment only or walk in?

Scrape
12-15-2021, 08:47 AM
Usually these places are by appointment only.

Good to see that you found a place Rick.

ZR
12-15-2021, 09:19 AM
Yes appointment only, think we waited nearly 3 weeks. After seeing quality of the job, well worth the wait and drive.
Thanks Laurence.
For those out in the West / North, Stephen has a Corrosion Free location out his way that also did a top notch job.
Unlike when I had previous vehicles done at Krown / Rust Check, door rubbers etc are staying perfect with no sagging and or turning to mush. Truck is a '16, looks very fresh underneath, hoping it continues.
It's discouraging seeing car after car on the hoist that were supposedly just sprayed that are dry as a popcorn fart or sprayed in areas that don't matter.

CON VERT
12-15-2021, 12:28 PM
Krown missed a pile of stuff on mine , they had to drill extra holes to get some of it, too much trouble for Krown I'm guessing ! Very happy with Attention to Detail work !

1986stangfan
12-16-2021, 12:55 AM
I’ve Had many dealings with attention to detail when I used to work at the transmission shop. Great guys!

Ponyryd
12-17-2021, 12:18 AM
I’m still doing my own, then I only have myself to blame, lol. I don’t do my doors as they rarely rust if you keep the car clean, so no sagging rubbers, but corrosion free is like a wax, no? Personally I still prefer an oil to flow into the crevices, although I have considered CF after seeing it at CTC.

ZR
12-17-2021, 09:35 AM
It lands about dead nuts between a thin wax and an oil which leaves it thin enough to creep without much if any drip.
Sagging rubbers with oil was one of my reasons for dropping Krown / Rust Check, second was how many vehicles are seeing sensor issues it contacts, specifically fuel tank / Evap related ones. My previous GM was a prime example.

Ponyryd
12-17-2021, 02:02 PM
Well, to be fair GM vehicles always have evap issues-oiled or not, lol.
I had a quality issue with Krown, even though it was a shop who knew me and what I do, lol. Somehow they still missed a ton of spots on my car, then claimed it was a “faulty gun” when I complained. After that I buy my own and do my own, luckily being in the trade it’s easy to see where certain cars rust, so those spots get special attention.
CF seems like a hood product though, but as we all know the installer is usually more important than the product….happy you found a good shop.

ZR
12-17-2021, 04:27 PM
On mine ('11 Sierra 5.3), oil spray caused plastic fuel pump module to become conductive between terminals. First fuel gauge went berserk (replaced level sender) then shortly after fuel pump would randomly cut out. After being assured by Krown head office it as a totally "one of / never heard of it" condition replaced the entire module only to have it happen again couple years down the line. Add to that every door n hood rubber was screwed, expensive rust prevention.
No doubt how it's applied makes a world of difference as to the results you'll see down the line.