PDA

View Full Version : Ontario math teachers don’t need to pass math test to “teach”…because racism

Ponyryd
12-22-2021, 03:51 PM
This seems more like current events than politics mods.

Wtf is going on here? We are screwed as a province.

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/12/ontario-schools-will-no-longer-require-teachers-pass-math-proficiency-test-due-racial-disparities/

Obviously, as was pointed out in court, students learn more from teachers who understand the subject that they are teaching. However, the court ruled that it was more important to have diversity in the classroom.

“Racialized students benefit from being taught by racialized teachers,” the court decision stated. “The deleterious effects of the MPT on racialized teacher candidates who have been unsuccessful in the test outweighs its benefits.”

According to the Ottawa Citizen, “the test has 50 mathematics content questions and 21 questions about math pedagogy. The applicant has to score 70 per cent on both parts to pass.”

“Racialized teacher candidates have gone through an education system in which they have suffered discrimination and disadvantage,” the decision said. “The candidates are then required to take ‘high stakes’ standardized tests which the available data shows they are more likely to fail.”

Hotford
12-23-2021, 04:03 PM
another win for the liberals!!!!!!!

it's like most things in life....stupid is....stupid does!!!!

Black Sheep
12-23-2021, 04:46 PM
2+2=:helpsign:

mavrrrick
12-23-2021, 06:05 PM
Do we need a license to drive then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ChickenLips
12-23-2021, 07:23 PM
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ontario-teachers-union-implements-controversial-weighted-voting-system-to-increase-minority-representation

Ponyryd
12-23-2021, 08:25 PM
Do we need a license to drive then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you fail your test, and are “racialized”, then no. It’s more important to have racial justice (notice it’s no longer “equality”) than safety on the roads….

Ponyryd
12-23-2021, 08:28 PM
https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/ontario-teachers-union-implements-controversial-weighted-voting-system-to-increase-minority-representation

Wtf???

Ontario teachers' union implements controversial weighted voting system to increase minority representation
The new system will ensure that Indigenous, Black and racialized teachers always represent 50 per cent of the votes at the bargaining unit.

A teachers’ union in southern Ontario has decided that if not enough minority members of the board are present, votes will be weighted to further the representation of minority members. The new system, aimed at improving the representation of Indigenous, Black and racialized teachers in the union’s decision-making process, will ensure that they always represent 50 per cent of the votes. It means that if 15 people voting have not self-identified as racialized, and five have, both groups will be weighted to each represent 50 per cent of the total vote.

ChickenLips
12-23-2021, 10:24 PM
Have you checked the curriculums recently?

What sort of ideas are being taught?

Ponyryd
12-24-2021, 09:35 AM
I’ve asked my kids before about CRT and they know nothing about it, as far as I know their schools are fine so far.
As a parent I should never have to check the curriculum.

StAnger
12-24-2021, 02:28 PM
If you fail your test, and are “racialized”, then no. It’s more important to have racial justice (notice it’s no longer “equality”) than safety on the roads….

That's why Inderditch Singh and his ilk are allowed to drive 18 wheelers and cause all sorts of havoc on our roads.

Side note. Are all public schools flying pride flags and putting up signs saying how they respect diversity? Or is it just the Avon Maitland School Board?

Ponyryd
12-24-2021, 09:15 PM
That's why Inderditch Singh and his ilk are allowed to drive 18 wheelers and cause all sorts of havoc on our roads.

Side note. Are all public schools flying pride flags and putting up signs saying how they respect diversity? Or is it just the Avon Maitland School Board?

My kids don’t go to public schools, but neither the elementary, or the high school fly pride flags.

Quicksilver
12-25-2021, 12:27 PM
So, if I were black, maybe I could teach at medical school even though I know nothing about medicine. Is that the gist of it?
Does being Jewish and left handed count as being diverse?

Ponyryd
12-25-2021, 06:32 PM
So, if I were black, maybe I could teach at medical school even though I know nothing about medicine. Is that the gist of it?
Does being Jewish and left handed count as being diverse?

Not yet but give it some time…..on the black thing, not the Jewish/LH thing.