PDA

View Full Version : Remote starter review............

ZR
01-22-2022, 07:10 PM
2016 Santa Fe (keyless ign)

After a bunch of research, settled on kit from 12v Solutions. It's billed as a plug n play with no fuss install, it went well and so far works as it should with no complaints, would most certainly buy again.

https://media-exp1.licdn.com/dms/image/C4E1BAQG6V6DdW3RNng/company-background_10000/0/1525277921701?e=2159024400&v=beta&t=k17FK1mZM-Ee2Tt2IXCKBVKCfAPnO9HzdNbvFibFPiU

CON VERT
01-22-2022, 08:15 PM
The one in the caddy (factory) is a piece of shit no feed back & currently not working, but with covid etc dealership are all but closed to get it fixed ~

mavrrrick
01-22-2022, 08:22 PM
The one in my 300 is flawless!! (Factory)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZR
01-22-2022, 09:59 PM
The one in the caddy (factory) is a piece of shit no feed back & currently not working, but with covid etc dealership are all but closed to get it fixed ~

That bites, especially with the temps we are seeing.

ZR
01-22-2022, 10:00 PM
The one in my 300 is flawless!! (Factory)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One in my Ram has been the same.

CON VERT
01-22-2022, 10:38 PM
That bites, especially with the temps we are seeing.

+ the battery has died 2 times now & can't even get an appt for service, this morning the electric parking brake was frozen and it would not move, finally freed up with warmer temps in the afternoon, this is a sport SUV ~ AWD ,junk from Cadillac !

ZR
01-22-2022, 10:51 PM
^ Not right your having so much trouble with it.

92redragtop
01-22-2022, 10:54 PM

How old is the Caddy - the one in our ATS works great but basic unit though.

92redragtop
01-22-2022, 10:56 PM
+ the battery has died 2 times now & can't even get an appt for service, this morning the electric parking brake was frozen and it would not move, finally freed up with warmer temps in the afternoon, this is a sport SUV ~ AWD ,junk from Cadillac !

How's your CUE screen? Just replaced mine last month (replacement screen from CUEscreens)

CON VERT
01-22-2022, 11:03 PM
Screen is fine, it's a 2020 with 13,000 km's on it ~

92redragtop
01-22-2022, 11:07 PM
That's new to be having those issues. No problem getting our car in to the dealer in Bolton but they're not the best in the customer service dept.

CON VERT
01-22-2022, 11:27 PM
^^ I'm finding that at several Caddy dealerships, they wanna sell you new ones but can't be bothered with service, especially warranty !

92redragtop
01-22-2022, 11:32 PM
^^ I'm finding that at several Caddy dealerships, they wanna sell you new ones but can't be bothered with service, especially warranty !

Yup, dealing with the Parts Dept is like they're doing you a favour....plus went in back in November and gave my VIN to purchase brake pads and they sold me base model pads, not the Brembo pads which are completely different. Also called ahead to make sure they had the pads and gave my VIN and told them the car had Brembo calipers - and they still gave me the wrong ones. My bad that I didn't check inside the box when I picked up but by the time I realized I had the wrong parts I already had one side disassembled and it was Saturday afternoon. Was thinking about finding another dealer but sounds like might be same issue elsewhere.

The car itself has been pretty good for a 7 year old Caddy - I think only issues I've had is a split coolant Y-hose, cracked PCV hose, and CUE screen. The first two are mileage/age related but the CUE screen is premature and a common issue it seems (which is why there are after-market touchscreen panels for them (US$150).

R3troGT
01-23-2022, 06:08 AM
I use Ford Pass to remote start my Explorer ST. I live on the fourth floor and the ST is parked on the 3rd level underground, and I can start it from my unit. Also use it work from my office while the ST is parked on the other side of the building.

ZR
01-23-2022, 09:11 AM
Forgot to add, part of what attracted me to this unit was how it reuses the factory remote, slick having the one your already accustomed to. For remote start, simple as tap the lock button three times, shut it off with a single push of the same one. Not often anything aftermarket works out as well as this.
Cost, came in at $349.00 US shipped. Bonus vs having one installed locally, clean plug and play harness vs the oh so common under dash mess we've all seen.