PDA

View Full Version : Headlights...

Whitehot
02-12-2022, 09:36 AM
Where, Whats the best head lights , lenses for a 99 GT?? I ve heard alotta complaints bout some foggin up?? Don t wanna go through that :)

ZR
02-12-2022, 09:46 AM
OEM Ford or prepare for one or both intermittently fogging.

xeninworx
02-12-2022, 10:02 AM
You can always get silica gel packs and put them inside the headlights to absorb moisture. I had condensation issues when retrofitting headlights. Once I started using silica packs, no more foggy headlights.

Whitehot
02-12-2022, 10:07 AM
It s just time for new ones.... the old ones are... old ;) ... marked up n all.... just a little makeup, pritty up the front a little ;) lol

FABMAN
02-19-2022, 08:27 PM
OEM is by far the best choice

Whitehot
02-20-2022, 01:21 PM
I went to Ford dealer and they don t make them anymore .... lookin at Aftermarket, black one ..?

ZR
02-20-2022, 01:32 PM
I sold a new / never used set in the fall, they are out there but expect to pay $$ for em.

FABMAN
02-21-2022, 10:55 PM
I went to Ford dealer and they don t make them anymore .... lookin at Aftermarket, black one ..?

I believe LMR still sells new OEM ford units

Laffs
02-22-2022, 03:18 PM
OEM Ford or prepare for one or both intermittently fogging.

OEM Lenses use permaseal adhesive which is basically a one time use glue where the aftermarkets use a butyl sealant. Advantage is the OEMs are far more sealed than aftermarket but once the seal is gone that basically game over. Aftermarkets you can open up and reseal with relative ease. Can also do retrofits/painting when you're in there.

I believe LMR still sells new OEM ford units

What LMR sells is their "SVE" in house brand "Factory" headlight. Not same as an OEM.

Zippy
02-22-2022, 08:10 PM
The Ford OEM headlights are worth an arm and a leg.
Just sold a brand new set for a healthy amount.

Whitehot
02-23-2022, 07:29 AM
So.... Where did you guys get a new pair, and then sell them recently ?? How much ??

MUSTANGWOP
03-01-2022, 10:49 AM
There's a nice looking set for sale on Kijiji in Windsor....

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto-body-parts/windsor-area-on/1999-2004-mustang-headlights/1606831279

Zippy
03-01-2022, 03:22 PM
There's a nice looking set for sale on Kijiji in Windsor....

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-auto-body-parts/windsor-area-on/1999-2004-mustang-headlights/1606831279

That's a really good buy.

MUSTANGWOP
03-01-2022, 03:40 PM
The guy dropped his price form $125 to $100

Whitehot
03-03-2022, 07:13 AM
Ya, those lenses are so fat away, in good condition, wish i could see them easier than where they are :(

ZR
03-03-2022, 08:14 AM
Oddly enough, last couple or three seasons we've made a bunch of hikes to Windsor for used parts.

Laffs
03-03-2022, 09:12 AM
I mean when the motors are built here you gotta imagine a lot of choose to support local.

ZR
03-03-2022, 09:28 AM
With so many parts hard to find for a variety of different reasons, gotta do what you gotta do when the right stuff pops up. We've made single part trips that far for a Modular oil filter adapter then again a few weeks later to pick up one tire. Selling used parts, Ross is constantly badgered to meet peeps half way. Yup gonna jump in the truck n drive an hour to sell a $45 part to someone that will either be late or not show up at all, hard pass thanks. Of the ones that make a firm time to pick stuff up, bet it's not much if any over 30% that arrive on time or show at all.

MUSTANGWOP
03-03-2022, 10:13 AM
With so many parts hard to find for a variety of different reasons, gotta do what you gotta do when the right stuff pops up. We've made single part trips that far for a Modular oil filter adapter then again a few weeks later to pick up one tire. Selling used parts, Ross is constantly badgered to meet peeps half way. Yup gonna jump in the truck n drive an hour to sell a $45 part to someone that will either be late or not show up at all, hard pass thanks. Of the ones that make a firm time to pick stuff up, bet it's not much if any over 30% that arrive on time or show at all.

If people want me to meet up, I will only do it (depending on how far) if they cover my gas and time and send a non-refundable deposit which will cover the first part if they are a no show. If people will agree to this they are usually a serious buyer, if they won't, the sale becomes pick up or ship at the buyers expense.

Whitehot
03-04-2022, 07:25 AM
I often try to incorporate travel for parts with an event, or sometimes I can through work. Meet up somewhere relatively close or convenient for both parties. In the end, to close the deal... however, that being said , often it s kinda a pain in the ass dealing with "people" lol, just as soon deal with company and go there or have delivered ..... pay the $$ and less headaches

Laffs
03-04-2022, 10:39 AM
Ask the guy if he'd meet in East Windsor and I can pick them up for you and ship them. If you want.

Whitehot
03-04-2022, 05:33 PM
Naw, thx anyway... I ll prob get new ones , decent aftermarket ... Tryin to spruce her up a little.. Wanna paint her but $$$ is often not there :(

trickflow-jay
03-27-2022, 03:02 PM

may i suggest SW Lights for aftermarket.Yes they are pricy but their designs are forward thinking plus the hardware they use are top notch.

My DSG will be receiving a set i'll post up when done.

Laffs
03-28-2022, 08:16 AM
may i suggest SW Lights for aftermarket.Yes they are pricy but their designs are forward thinking plus the hardware they use are top notch.

My DSG will be receiving a set i'll post up when done.

Hope yours don't leak.

trickflow-jay
04-03-2022, 11:23 AM
why would they?
my brothers mach1 has ebay specials that are smoked no leaks and those lights are 6 yrs old

Laffs
04-04-2022, 10:49 AM
why would they?
my brothers mach1 has ebay specials that are smoked no leaks and those lights are 6 yrs old

Talked to a couple people who had issues with a set of there's. This was back in 2020, I was looking to spend $1500 with them and after seeing a few negative posts on the FB groups decided to inquire more. Found a number of a folks who basically confirmed that they had condensation/leak issues with there's and got little in the way of customer service. It's what prompted me to attempt to make my own.