PDA

View Full Version : BBQ ............... where is the "good stuff" hiding these days.

ZR
03-10-2022, 12:29 AM
Big Bone Markham was our go to place since it opened, started off great but little by little food fell off a cliff. We went back to B Bone Aurora (only flipped to Markham as it's closer) and were generally pleased but food lately has become a complete hit or miss. Even at it's current best falls well short of the absolute treat it once was.
Anyone got a killer spot?

FABMAN
03-10-2022, 07:33 AM
Memphis BBQ on Islington in Woodbridge was pretty good but haven’t had it since before the pandemic so can’t speak to the quality now. The place is a pretty much a dive though so I am interested in alternatives as well.

StAnger
03-10-2022, 08:14 AM
My BBQ. lol

RedSN
03-10-2022, 09:11 AM
Memphis
Shortened your answer for you.

MUSTANGWOP
03-10-2022, 10:21 AM
Muddy's Pit BBQ in Keene, ON
Did a cruise there with some friends a few years back.
Be prepared to line up.
Be prepared for there to be LOTS of biker's there.
Be prepared to park along the paved shoulder WAAAAY down the street.

92redragtop
03-10-2022, 10:34 AM
Big Bone Markham was our go to place since it opened, started off great but little by little food fell off a cliff. We went back to B Bone Aurora (only flipped to Markham as it's closer) and were generally pleased but food lately has become a complete hit or miss. Even at it's current best falls well short of the absolute treat it once was.
Anyone got a killer spot?

I tried Big Bone Aurora for the first time last year and I guess it would have been one of the "miss" days - it was ok. The closest to me in the west end I enjoy is Food Fight BBQ so if you ever decide to brave Brampton's drivers, then check them out (Airport Rd and Queen St E area). I think "xexinworx" goes there for take-out a lot more than I do so maybe he will pipe in.

https://www.foodfightbbq.com/

Quicksilver
03-10-2022, 10:57 AM
Same problem. I don't care for Big Bones even though it's much closer to me than to Rick. Until last summer there was q place called Rick's Cookhouse in Newmarket, which had fantastic ribs and sauces. But they closed over a weekend. A new place took over called Pepper Jocks in September, but to be honest I'm surprised they are still open.
You can actually get a pretty descent BBQ rib at Lonestar, although it's a chain.

ZR
03-10-2022, 11:22 AM
^ Lonestar, love the fajita's but the cost makes zero sense.

CON VERT
03-10-2022, 12:16 PM
http://www.pigoutbbqpickering.com/ been a couple of times , ribs are OK, good wings but messy, its about the best there is in Pickering

Frankie
03-14-2022, 12:18 PM
I've never had a bad meal here:

https://www.memphisfirebbq.com/

You've got to make the trip to Hamilton/Niagara to get it though.

Uncle Buck
03-14-2022, 12:38 PM
Muddy's Pit BBQ in Keene, ON
Did a cruise there with some friends a few years back.
Be prepared to line up.
Be prepared for there to be LOTS of biker's there.
Be prepared to park along the paved shoulder WAAAAY down the street.

And lastly be prepared to eat at an outdoor picnic table or in your car. It’s basically takeout only.

Uncle Buck
03-14-2022, 12:41 PM
Could always try a Korean BBQ place. They’re kind of fun.

MUSTANGWOP
03-16-2022, 09:10 AM
Strack's Smokin Grill
10249 Old Scugog Rd, Blackstock, ON

For you Mosport goers, it's only about 10 minutes away.

YZFMax
03-17-2022, 09:52 AM
Northern Smokes in Scarborough. Five minutes from my place.

Gr8Stang
03-20-2022, 03:34 PM
Big Sky BBQ. Bit of a drive though. ;-)

https://www.bigskybbq.ca/

Quicksilver
03-21-2022, 09:28 AM
There's a new place opening in what used to be Wimpy's on Yonge St in Richmond Hill.
The construction signs say "Texas BBQ". If that's the name, I'll give it points for originality!! Waiting impatiently to try it out and see if it is any good.

For those of you who frequented Wimpy's, it moved directly across the street.

Zee
03-22-2022, 12:44 PM
RD's southern BBQ in Brampton

Stephen06GT
03-22-2022, 01:32 PM
RD's southern BBQ in Brampton

Looks good from the menu.