PDA

View Full Version : The Daily Wire launches razor company to take on woke Harry's Razors

Chinga
03-24-2022, 10:17 AM
Funny commercial in link.

One year ago, an anonymous Twitter user — with two followers at the time — complained to Harry’s Razors about opinions on gender identity expressed on a Daily Wire commentary show back in 2018.

In response to that one disgruntled Twitter user, Harry’s, which had advertised with The Daily Wire since 2016 and was fully aware of the media company’s conservative editorial stance, condemned the views as “inexcusable” and publicly announced that it was pulling its advertising. At the time, Daily Wire co-founder and co-CEO Jeremy Boreing said that The Daily Wire would not stand for woke, corporate pandering nonsense – and now he’s keeping his word.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/daily-wire-launches-razor-company-takes-aim-at-woke-harrys-razors

Gabe
03-24-2022, 10:47 AM
Gold

Zutz2v
03-24-2022, 08:06 PM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/sDcfxFDozb3bO/giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92redragtop
03-24-2022, 09:44 PM
Funny and well done commercial - I won't comment on the marketing strategy (although I know it works with their target market/demographic).

5.4MarkVIII
03-24-2022, 09:57 PM
The target demographic that doesn't want woke bs constantly forced down their throats?

ChickenLips
03-24-2022, 10:58 PM
Non birthing people(kind)

Zexhuffer
03-25-2022, 02:15 AM
Funny and well done commercial - I won't comment on the marketing strategy (although I know it works with their target market/demographic).

Please do.

FABMAN
03-25-2022, 07:17 AM
That may be one of the best commercials I have seen in a very long time

5.4MarkVIII
03-25-2022, 07:26 AM
Please do.

my guess is racist trump supporters.

Jack Raccoon!
03-25-2022, 09:04 AM
I'm old. WTF is "woke"...

mavrrrick
03-25-2022, 10:19 AM
Thanks Jack!!! LOL

mavrrrick
03-25-2022, 12:01 PM
Definition of woke
(Entry 1 of 2)
chiefly US slang
: aware of and actively attentive to important facts and issues (especially issues of racial and social justice)But we will only succeed if we reject the growing pressure to retreat into cynicism and hopelessness. … We have a moral obligation to "stay woke," take a stand and be active; challenging injustices and racism in our communities and fighting hatred and discrimination wherever it rises.— Barbara Lee… argued that … Brad Pitt is not only woke, but the wokest man in Hollywood … because he uses his status—and his production company Plan B—to create space for artists of color, with such films as 12 Years a Slave, Selma, and the upcoming film Moonlight.— Giselle Defares
woke
Definition of woke (Entry 2 of 2)
past tense and past participle of WAKE

Stephen06GT
03-25-2022, 06:17 PM
Don’t like it, don’t buy it.

Ponyryd
03-25-2022, 07:00 PM
I'm old. WTF is "woke"...

Lol, you could ask a certain member here, he’s one of them.

ChickenLips
03-26-2022, 09:54 AM
Lol, you could ask a certain member here, he’s one of them.

Gotta give credit where it's due, consistently sticking to the narrative and employing the same tired tactics takes dedication.

Ponyryd
03-26-2022, 02:45 PM
Gotta give credit where it's due, consistently sticking to the narrative and employing the same tired tactics takes dedication.

Lol, I suppose. It does, however, give the desired effect, which is to quickly banish any “unapproved” thinking to the BFF to die, and limit member exposure to free, logical thoughts.

ChickenLips
03-26-2022, 03:39 PM
Lol, I suppose. It does, however, give the desired effect, which is to quickly banish any “unapproved” thinking to the BFF to die, and limit member exposure to free, logical thoughts.

so who's "winning" if the objective is to derail a conversation to the extent it gets quarantined?

Ponyryd
03-26-2022, 03:45 PM
so who's "winning" if the objective is to derail a conversation to the extent it gets quarantined?

The government! Lol.

ChickenLips
03-26-2022, 04:05 PM
The government! Lol.

Sorta like a vocal minority controlling a silent majority.

Ponyryd
03-26-2022, 04:55 PM
All part of the plan…some people are afraid to think for themselves, but they have no problem repeating what the government/mainstream media tell them.

Stephen06GT
03-26-2022, 05:21 PM

This is a Mustang Club first and foremost. Be happy you have the BFF,as the option would be to not to allow any, as you put it “unapproved thinking”.

Stephen06GT
03-26-2022, 05:23 PM
All part of the plan…some people are afraid to think for themselves, but they have no problem repeating what the government/mainstream media tell them.

And some people have no problem repeating what some guy with a podcast or YouTube video tell them.

Ponyryd
03-26-2022, 06:10 PM
This is a Mustang Club first and foremost. Be happy you have the BFF,as the option would be to not to allow any, as you put it “unapproved thinking”.

Happy? No I am not happy to have it, and I am not allowed in BFF either.
Mustang forum, yes I’m well aware, but having a Mustang forum exists solely to discuss Mustangs gets very old, very quick…..current events are very relevant to our everyday life, especially for enthusiasts since many government regulations affect us negatively. Free thinking should be encouraged, not silenced, or moved to a locked forum, but I am not here to discuss this, and have had conversations with forum admin about this before, so I am not looking to get into it here.

Ponyryd
03-26-2022, 06:12 PM
And some people have no problem repeating what some guy with a podcast or YouTube video tell them.

Have I repeated something from a podcast or yt video? And what’s to say those opinions aren’t relevant or valid? Better to blindly listen to a government that has screwed us over many, many times? In cause you’re wondering, I’ve restrained from posting plenty of current events here, simply out of respect for club admin as I have been active on these forums for 20+ years.

Stephen06GT
03-26-2022, 06:26 PM
Happy? No I am not happy to have it, and I am not allowed in BFF either.
Mustang forum, yes I’m well aware, but having a Mustang forum exists solely to discuss Mustangs gets very old, very quick…..current events are very relevant to our everyday life, especially for enthusiasts since many government regulations affect us negatively. Free thinking should be encouraged, not silenced, or moved to a locked forum, but I am not here to discuss this, and have had conversations with forum admin about this before, so I am not looking to get into it here.

Any TMC member that wants in the BFF is allowed. All you have to do is ask for the password.

As far as “free thinking should be encouraged…” please spare me the rhetoric. You have a spot on this site for that, but you, by your own choice, do not use it.

Stephen06GT
03-26-2022, 06:29 PM
Have I repeated something from a podcast or yt video? And what’s to say those opinions aren’t relevant or valid? Better to blindly listen to a government that has screwed us over many, many times? In cause you’re wondering, I’ve restrained from posting plenty of current events here, simply out of respect for club admin as I have been active on these forums for 20+ years.

Spin it whichever way you want, and to be perfectly honest, no, I’m not wondering about what you might post. And for the record, I am one of the administrators of this board and the previous one.

Ponyryd
03-26-2022, 07:27 PM
^I’m not spinning anything, just respectfully asking a question, which, apparently is also frowned upon.
I am well aware that you’re an admin, and have been for many years, which was what I was eluding to in my post. You and Rick do a great job here.
I believe I have been nothing but respectful in my posts, and will continue to be.

Any TMC member that wants in the BFF is allowed. All you have to do is ask for the password.

As far as “free thinking should be encouraged…” please spare me the rhetoric. You have a spot on this site for that, but you, by your own choice, do not use it.

I’m aware of that, but there’s no point being there as I’m sure it’s maybe 3 posters arguing, which is pointless. And really, for you to get upset about someone advocating for free speech says a lot, have a nice night.

Stephen06GT
03-26-2022, 07:55 PM
…I’m aware of that, but there’s no point being there as I’m sure it’s maybe 3 posters arguing, which is pointless…
So we give you a forum for you to post what you want, but that’s not good enough because you don’t have a big enough audience, and then you still complain about free speech. That’s just great.

92redragtop
03-26-2022, 08:09 PM
Maybe it's better to get it on with the curtains open and the neighbours watching?

Ponyryd
03-27-2022, 11:12 AM
So we give you a forum for you to post what you want, but that’s not good enough because you don’t have a big enough audience, and then you still complain about free speech. That’s just great.

Is a forum about having a limited audience? I don’t post anything offensive or disrespectful, I post my opinion, and am interested in hearing others’ opinions on current events, what is so wrong with that? I’ve never been in BFF, but I doubt that there isn’t more than 10 active posters in there, in which case it’s pointless to even post if you’re only getting the same opinions/thoughts.
As stated, current events are very relevant to everyday life, especially in the last 2 years as we’ve seen some terrible things happen, so why would the entire forum want to be deprived of those discussions?

5.4MarkVIII
03-27-2022, 11:30 AM
Is a forum about having a limited audience? I don’t post anything offensive or disrespectful, I post my opinion, and am interested in hearing others’ opinions on current events, what is so wrong with that? I’ve never been in BFF, but I doubt that there isn’t more than 10 active posters in there, in which case it’s pointless to even post if you’re only getting the same opinions/thoughts.
As stated, current events are very relevant to everyday life, especially in the last 2 years as we’ve seen some terrible things happen, so why would the entire forum want to be deprived of those discussions?

Things go to the bff to die.

ChickenLips
03-27-2022, 04:56 PM
self censorship is a social credit system.