PDA

View Full Version : Hanson International Advanced Driving School

Guilt Trip
04-18-2022, 09:34 AM
For those that are interested in improving their driving skills and want to take their cars to the limit in a safe environment, this is your opportunity. This advanced driving school is run by Peter Hanson, who along with his father Derek, were the creators of the famous DECH Mustangs. There are many events this season starting in a few weeks on April 30th. All schools are held at Canadian Tire Motorsport Park(Mosport) on the development track. Check it out.

http://www.hansoninternationaldriving.com/

RedSN
04-18-2022, 02:49 PM
Very cool. And welcome GT. It’s been a long time.

Guilt Trip
04-18-2022, 04:36 PM
Very cool. And welcome GT. It’s been a long time.

It's been a long long time since I was on this forum.

ZR
04-18-2022, 04:46 PM
Howdy Mr, thanks for posting.

fast Ed
04-18-2022, 08:43 PM
Peter's events are fun, safe, well-organized and well-run. I'd encourage anyone who wants to try a proper driver education event in a safe environment to give it a go at one of Peter's days.

cheers
Ed

Mustang4
04-18-2022, 09:45 PM
Hmmm, does sound interesting and Canadian Tire Motorsports is such a cool track.

fast Ed
04-18-2022, 09:47 PM
Note that Peter's days are run on the Driver Development Centre circuit, not the main GP circuit.

Mustang4
04-18-2022, 09:54 PM
Oh, not the track. I'll have to google that to see what that portion looks like.

Zippy
04-18-2022, 11:32 PM
What is the difference between your advanced driving school vs. Driver Development day?

fast Ed
04-19-2022, 07:32 AM
Good question, don't know the answer to that as I think it's the first year that Peter has had 2 different types of events. The advanced driving schools includes classroom instruction, skidpad / slalom / braking exercises for the beginners, and in-car coaching all day for the novice and intermediate students as needed. I'm guessing that the Driver Development Days might be for experienced drivers specifically and may focus on more seat time, but a message to them for clarification would be best if you're interested. I'm sure that Peter would love to see your jelly bean DECH at an event!

1BAD92LX
04-19-2022, 10:21 AM
What is the difference between your advanced driving school vs. Driver Development day?

Interested to know the difference also

Guilt Trip
04-19-2022, 12:48 PM

Best thing to do is reach out to Peter directly and ask him. His schools are everything Ed says.
You can email him directly here...
hansoninternational@bell.net

Guilt Trip
04-19-2022, 12:58 PM
Oh, not the track. I'll have to google that to see what that portion looks like.

Not the GP circuit but the Development track is more then enough to push you and your car beyond it's limits! A lot of fun and safer then the GP track.
https://canadiantiremotorsportpark.com/pages/driver-development-track

Zippy
04-19-2022, 05:12 PM
Good question, don't know the answer to that as I think it's the first year that Peter has had 2 different types of events. The advanced driving schools includes classroom instruction, skidpad / slalom / braking exercises for the beginners, and in-car coaching all day for the novice and intermediate students as needed. I'm guessing that the Driver Development Days might be for experienced drivers specifically and may focus on more seat time, but a message to them for clarification would be best if you're interested. I'm sure that Peter would love to see your jelly bean DECH at an event!

Sounds good Ed.
Thank you

Guilt Trip
05-01-2022, 07:22 PM
Interested to know the difference also

It's like Ed said. The Advanced Driving School has all the in class stuff, skidpad, track time with instructors. The Driver Development is for more advanced drivers. There are different groups depending on driver level. There is no in class stuff so a little more seat time for sure.
I was at school yesterday and as always, lots of smiles. Got to go for a ride in a DECH Mustang as well and caught up with a few people I haven't seen in years. What a blast. The school is very well run. Wouldn't expect anything less from Peter. Anyway there is another event coming up on May 16th...Driver Development Day.