PDA

View Full Version : Electric Mustang GT??

Ponyryd
06-05-2022, 08:58 PM
Mustang was bad enough on an suv, now we’re getting a “performance” version? I didn’t see much of it, but it had big red brakes in the front.

ZR
06-05-2022, 09:40 PM
Had someone stop by with a new Perf version today, it's a looker but ya name does not sit well with me either.

fast Ed
06-05-2022, 09:40 PM
Yes, there is a Mach-E GT that's been out for a bit now. More power, different trim, 20" wheels, big Brembo brakes as you noticed.

https://www.ford.ca/suvs/mach-e/models/mach-e-gt/

cudaboy
06-06-2022, 08:38 PM
Even bigger price too..............

Ponyryd
06-07-2022, 01:26 PM
My mistake, I thought it was something in development, car had manf plate. And yes Rick I agree, it’s a fine car I’m sure, but the Mustang name was bad enough, now calling it a GT? That’s wrong on many levels.

Kennedy Ford SVT
06-07-2022, 01:37 PM
They haven't been out to the public for long, I think we just got our first one in 2-3 weeks ago and it sold pretty quickly. We had seen some of the early production ones from Ford Canada that were being used as press vehicles at the start of the year.

Laffs
06-07-2022, 02:45 PM
Want.

Windjammer
06-07-2022, 03:23 PM
I am the one who stopped by Ricks place. I got 22 Mustang gt performance edition. The tech in it is amazing and it really will scoot I mean it really is quick...... neck snapping 4wheel drive quick It says 437 Km on full charge but it is affected by ait con heat etc: I went back and forth from Oshawa to Toronto 2.5 times on half a charge. I agree on the name but it is a really nice car AND it is a Mustang!!! :)

bluetoy
06-07-2022, 07:56 PM
There is no chance in hell that any tall 4 door SUV is a mustang.

Windjammer
06-08-2022, 10:18 PM
But it is a Mustang cause it says MUSTANG right on it :) But so far it runs, rides better and quicker than any Mustang I have owned including my Terminator. The magnaride suspension is outstanding. One pedal driving is great once you "get on to it". In bumper to bumper traffic it regens/charges as much as it uses and with adaptive cruise w stop and go and blue cruise it almost drives itself We can argue about the name but the car is outstanding (so far)

hammerhead
06-09-2022, 08:00 AM
I hope they get affordable to all...

CON VERT
06-09-2022, 09:29 PM
Had a chance to go for a cruise in the GT one today, WOW, this thing pulls like a freight train, it would defiantly eat my 5.0 Vert, in spades, its a very cool car, with as Brian would say neck snapping performance, but I gotta admit I miss the rumble of that V8 + don't care what anyone says it's an SUV, may say MUSTANG but its not !

CON VERT
06-09-2022, 10:00 PM
This was posted on another site ?

I removed numerous comments and suspended 5 members for 3-5 days. If someone wants to make rude, smart-a$$ comments on a post, this is not the group for you. And the Mach E, IS a Mustang. Get over it already.

Reaper5.0
06-10-2022, 06:43 AM
I don't remember if I posted to this or not but if I did, my post was deleted. I wasn't rude or anything. Having an opinion is wrong nowadays.

Chinga
06-10-2022, 02:08 PM
Not a Mustang...

Chinga
06-15-2022, 09:39 AM
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/mustang-mach-e-owner-charged-28000-damaged-battery/

MUSTANGWOP
06-15-2022, 12:00 PM
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/mustang-mach-e-owner-charged-28000-damaged-battery/

I'm no expert at securing vehicles to trailers but could the straps that go over the tires have been used here?

Ponyryd
06-15-2022, 08:48 PM
To be clear, I have no issue with the car itself, my problem is with the name. To me this vehicle could have worn many, many other names, no need to call it a Mustang, plain and simple.

I'm no expert at securing vehicles to trailers but could the straps that go over the tires have been used here?

Looked like he winched it in the wrong area, and hit the battery, so he was likely trying to drag it up onto the bed.
This is a bit concerning though
A Mach-E Forum poster was driving from Canada to Florida when his screen flashed one of those ominous instructions “Pull over Safely.” The car also began slowing down simultaneously. Ford Road Side Assistance summoned a tow truck….guy was apparently driving from Canada to Florida?

bluetoy
06-15-2022, 09:56 PM
"Ford Road Side Assistance summoned a tow truck" That says it all. Ford got the tow truck. Ford pays. They called the tow. Why was the customer charged for a damaged battery?

Ponyryd
06-15-2022, 10:56 PM
"Ford Road Side Assistance summoned a tow truck" That says it all. Ford got the tow truck. Ford pays. They called the tow. Why was the customer charged for a damaged battery?

Article said the driver caused the damage, so maybe he was helping the tow truck driver load it up? He should have known better than to trust someone trying to drive an electric car over 2000km.
My thought would be the towing company is responsible and would be the ones charged.

Laffs
06-16-2022, 10:46 AM
hhttps://www.macheforum.com/site/threads/resolution-28-000-damage-to-mach-e-from-tow-truck-hooking-into-battery-rail.13531/

Here's the actual thread for the story. The customer did not end up paying at all, Ford stepped up and covered it (and will likely go after a portion from the tow company) the reason the customer was given an invoice to begin with is because the battery damage was not a parts failure and damage done externally. Ford roadside initially couldn't "prove" the damage was done by a specific tow operator because initially the car was towed by one party to a dealer that wasn't able to service Mach-E's and thus had to be moved again a second time and thus created a finger pointing nightmare

Per the owner

The detachment happened before the tow truck damaged the battery rail. Where things got messy for me was two transports were involved. The first tow, which I believe did the damage, was to a Ford dealership not adequately equipped to handle the MachE and 600 miles away from our destination so Ford arranged for the car to be transported to where we live. The first tow company blamed the second. I was told ‘no sorry can’t help’ by so many different reps but kept pursuing. I also had a great service manager that kept pushing from his end. I don’t know what in the end led us to resolution but it ended well. It was covered fully by Ford - I assume they will go after the tow company. Good luck and don’t accept defeat!

Ponyryd
06-16-2022, 11:41 AM
What a disaster. I’ll stick to cars that can be fixed by any dealer/service station, and can get to Florida on 2 tanks of fuel or less : )

hammerhead
06-16-2022, 01:41 PM
I remember cross-fire fuel injection debut —no dealer could fix that either

UnlimitedTraction
06-16-2022, 06:31 PM
gross. nty

Chinga
06-17-2022, 03:47 PM
To be clear, I have no issue with the car itself, my problem is with the name. To me this vehicle could have worn many, many other names, no need to call it a Mustang, plain and simple.
Looked like he winched it in the wrong area, and hit the battery, so he was likely trying to drag it up onto the bed.
This is a bit concerning though ….guy was apparently driving from Canada to Florida?

They could have called the damn thing the E - Scape

hammerhead
06-17-2022, 04:57 PM

e car mods