PDA

View Full Version : Pick up packages in Buffalo

Quicksilver
07-26-2022, 02:45 PM
I tried searching but didn't get anything. I remember a thread about a place in Buffalo? where you can get things sent, then drive across and [ck them up. Can anyone tell me where or how to reach tnem?

Old Fart
07-26-2022, 02:48 PM
Cross Border Pickups. They have a place in Mississauga and Markham that you can pick up your parcel or have it delivered.

Uncle Buck
07-26-2022, 03:45 PM
I use them as well. Only one minor issue once that they sorted out. Overall satisfied when I’ve used them.

Chinga
07-26-2022, 03:53 PM
I tried searching but didn't get anything. I remember a thread about a place in Buffalo? where you can get things sent, then drive across and [ck them up. Can anyone tell me where or how to reach tnem?

Minutes from the border.

https://www.cbiusa.com/

Zippy
07-26-2022, 04:07 PM
Cross Border Pickups. They have a place in Mississauga and Markham that you can pick up your parcel or have it delivered.

+1

92redragtop
07-26-2022, 04:29 PM
I use CBI USA (link above) for items I want to pick up myself.

Cross Border Pickups as a backup and they bring it over for you.

ZR
07-26-2022, 06:25 PM
Another vote for Cross Border Pickups, office is at Vic Pk just north of Steeles...............great peeps.

Quicksilver
07-27-2022, 09:38 AM
Thanks guys.
Beleive it or not, this is for a drive belt for my zero turn Toro lawnmower.

4 years ago, I leased a Toro Titan 60" commercial grade mower as I have 6 acres of grass. In April, the belt broke 3/4 of the way through the first cut of the year. I called up my selling dealer, who did not have a belt. It's been on back order for 6 months, and is specific to the machine. I called everywhere, including Toro, to get one, to no avail.
In fact, you can't even rent a mower. Absolutely no one has a rider tractor, or zero turn mower to rent.

As of today, the ONLY belt available in North America is from a place in north Carolina, who will not ship to Canada. So that's why I'm needing a place to order to.

Scrape
07-27-2022, 09:50 AM
Also Shippsy work well too.

92redragtop
07-27-2022, 11:49 AM
Thanks guys.
Beleive it or not, this is for a drive belt for my zero turn Toro lawnmower.

4 years ago, I leased a Toro Titan 60" commercial grade mower as I have 6 acres of grass. In April, the belt broke 3/4 of the way through the first cut of the year. I called up my selling dealer, who did not have a belt. It's been on back order for 6 months, and is specific to the machine. I called everywhere, including Toro, to get one, to no avail.
In fact, you can't even rent a mower. Absolutely no one has a rider tractor, or zero turn mower to rent.

As of today, the ONLY belt available in North America is from a place in north Carolina, who will not ship to Canada. So that's why I'm needing a place to order to.

If you don't need to pickup yourself then Cross Border Pickups will work to get it to Toronto for you from their location across the border that the merchant will ship to.

Next issue is whether the store accepts "international" credit cards. Some don't - had this issue with Panasonic where they only accept US cards on their website.

MUSTANGWOP
07-27-2022, 12:13 PM
Steve, I think you'll need a combine instead of a mower if that 6 acres of grass has been growing since April, lol

92redragtop
07-27-2022, 09:32 PM
Hire some goats?

Quicksilver
07-29-2022, 09:59 AM
Steve, I think you'll need a combine instead of a mower if that 6 acres of grass has been growing since April, lol

Beleve me, it's scary. all I need to to break another belt.

Zippy
07-29-2022, 05:03 PM
If you don't need to pickup yourself then Cross Border Pickups will work to get it to Toronto for you from their location across the border that the merchant will ship to.

Next issue is whether the store accepts "international" credit cards. Some don't - had this issue with Panasonic where they only accept US cards on their website.

You can get around this by paying pay pal ... if they accept.

5.4MarkVIII
07-30-2022, 07:58 AM
Before you make the drive. Take the old belt into your local John Deere dealer. Hand it to them and ask if they have one that matches.

You might get lucky.